Anyone tried Boatswain's Beach & Marine Park?

jacksmom09

We will be in the Caymans next week. I believe this excursion was recently added. I hope someone will reply with information. I think we are going to do this one, but it would be nice to have some feedback about it.

We are not going till July! Will you post a review if you try it! Thanks!

Boatswain's Beach is the new home of the Cayman Turtle Farm. You may find many more reviews by searching under that name.

The newly redeveloped Boatswain's Beach houses the turtles, but also includes a saltwater snorkelling lagoon and demonstrations of Cayman crafts.

• 2 weeks later...

We just came off the Grand Princess, and were in Grand Cayman on Nov 20. We went to the Turtle Farm, 4 adults and 1 4 year old. There are 2 prices, 1 for the turtles and 1 for the turtles plus snorkling. We just did the turtle part, and the 4 yr old just loved it. You can actually pick up the turtles! They are in tanks by age. The older one's can get pretty heavy. We had a blast. :D

We were at the Turtle Farm on 11/21. We took the excursion thru Carnival, which was $75.00 per person (did not charge for 2 1/2 yr old). If I had to do it over, I would have taken a cab or just the Island tour, which did just the

turtle part. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place, but I would have rather gone to the 7 mile beach area than the little beach area at the Turtle Farm. They do have a bird house (I didn't go in) and we saw sharks and got to see their feeding. My son-in-law did snorkel. There were lounge chairs and a shower and changing area. We got a late start from the pier, so I thought we wouldn't have enough time, but we had more than enough time. The tour was from 9:30 to 1:30.

It was $18 USD for the adult admission (turtles only), they did not charge for the 4 yr old. We rented a car from Andy's ($43.50 for the day) and did it on our own. Andy's came with a van to pick us up at the port, to rent the car. Although we only had the car for about 4 hours, it allowed us to do Hell, the Turtle Farm, and Cemetery Beach.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived