Fins an Flippers Island

Getaway3

We were at Fins and Flippers this past Tues. we loved it! Took my grandson and this particular day we were the only 3 people on the island. we walked down the pier, my husband snorkeled all the wa out to the wall. Saw lots of tropicals. When he came back in he put the mask on our 6 year old grandson to see a couple of small lobster under a rock just 3 feet from the ladder! How exciting for him to see..

Came back and swam at the pool and ordered some shrimp $6..also some chicken and cheese quesadillas, also $6. They made my grandson a virgin strawberry daquiri and served it in a coconut with a cute umbrella! They have a very nice gift shop and the entire resort was immaculate with beautful, lush grounds. They took us directly back to the ship around 6:30 or 7pm.They treated us wonderful!

Go now before this pristine paradise gets discovered. Even if you have only 4 hours like we did, still worth it.

Can we just go to Fins and Flippers on our own from the ship or do we have to have a pre-booked excursion?

It is not part of any ship excursion. Just get off the boat go left pass all the locals asking you to go with them. 1st right you see a pier, go to there water taxi. five min ride to the island.

We were at fins and Flippers on 3/10. I've been on 8 cruises and this was the best! I really think this was the garden of eden. The plants, trees, food, drinks (Port Royal with a lime $2), snorkeling, pool, gift shop all were 5 star class!

100_0204.jpg.c7a0254896db08be523ce8b9a98b7a3b.jpg

100_0216.jpg.51ddf31cad312dc98142af3e33cedd5c.jpg

100_0229.jpg.785fe41e0bacc2cfc950158c5f6862c6.jpg

100_0230.jpg.67cca8d34432496a14fddb5397258e3d.jpg

We were at fins and Flippers on 3/10. I've been on 8 cruises and this was the best! I really think this was the garden of eden. The plants, trees, food, drinks (Port Royal with a lime $2), snorkeling, pool, gift shop all were 5 star class!

Hi tmackel - Great Pictures, love the shell and beer, hope we have the same experience on the Sun in mid April. Were there many others from the ship over there? We are the only ship in port that day so hope it will be a peaceful day. I could spend a week at a place like that.

John and Carol

can you rent snorkel equipment there or do you need to bring your own? This was the first excursion I planned when we booked our cruise, and the only one that is still concrete! I keep changing my mind on all the others. This place sounds just fabulous!

Do they rent snorkel equipment on the island?

As per their web site....$8/day for mask, snorkel, and fins...if you reserve your day, the cost for transportation to the island and use of facilities is $20. $25 if you walk on the day you are there....meals at their facility run $6 to $12. Beer $2 mixed drinks $5 and soda $2....I found the site through msn search....they are a part of Anthony's Key Resort....they have not told me yet how to pay or when to pay. Their auto reply said they would be in touch with me soon.

As of Monday, the 4-23-08 Voyager of the Seas day had booked 24...the Manager said they had not had a real big group yet...but word has been getting out and she said more were reserving for April....Hopefully, it won't be a big crowd from my point of view....Jimmy

As of Monday, the 4-23-08 Voyager of the Seas day had booked 24...the Manager said they had not had a real big group yet...but word has been getting out and she said more were reserving for April....Hopefully, it won't be a big crowd from my point of view....Jimmy

We have booked Fins N Flippers for our day in Roatan on April 16th. The Valor is the only ship at port in Roatan that day, so hopefully the crowds will be small! I am so excited, the pictures I have seen of Fins N Flippers look just beautiful :) 13 more days and I am on that plane to FLL and 14 more days we will be on the Valor...YIPEEEEE

Does anyone who has been here recently have anymore pics they can post please and thanks..:D

We were there the first week of January 2008.... we have gorgeous photos of the beach and the landscaping... but I don't know how to post those... I think I'll start a thread that says stay away from Fins & Flippers, it is the most horrible place in Roatan.... that way, when we are there April 23, we'll have it all to ourselves!!! IT IS FABULOUS!!

We have booked Fins N Flippers for our day in Roatan on April 16th. The Valor is the only ship at port in Roatan that day, so hopefully the crowds will be small! I am so excited, the pictures I have seen of Fins N Flippers look just beautiful :) 13 more days and I am on that plane to FLL and 14 more days we will be on the Valor...YIPEEEEE

How do we find out the number of ships in port each day? I should know that... this isn't exactly our first cruise.

We were there the first week of January 2008.... we have gorgeous photos of the beach and the landscaping... but I don't know how to post those...

Oh, i would love to see the pics!!! Can you send them to my email maybe versus the board? I have no clue on how to post pics to these boards:confused:

Kathy

... we have gorgeous photos of the beach and the landscaping... but I don't know how to post those...
... I have no clue on how to post pics to these boards...

Have y'all had a chance to check out the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum? That's where members can find information on using the Cruise Critic software. Click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163. You can use the Search this Forum feature there to research the threads on the pictures or photos topic. One of the most recent threads is titled Posting Photos at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=733208. Also, don't forget we have the Photo Gallery at http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/.

For attaching pictures to a post, after you click the Post Reply button scroll down to the Additional Options Section under the Submit Reply button. In the Attach Files box, click the Manage Attachments button. A window will open where you can choose Upload File from your Computer or Upload File from an URL. Follow the directions from there.

I hope this information will be helpful and wishing y'all lots of 080402gudl_prv.gifwith your pictures!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Because Fins and flippers is AWESOME!!!! and a want it to stay this way! :D We just got back from the Carnival Legend yesterday. We went to F&F on thurs. It was the best part of the whole cruise! My DW and I prebooked for $20 a person, payable at the resort once you get there off their tender boat. Just bring a copy of your conformation letter. We were the only people there for about an hour, until a family we met thru CC showed up. The snorkeling is the BEST. The walk to the F&F's dock is through a very poor area, (50 or 60 yards) but if you've ever walked in any major US city it isn't scary at all. Take normal city precautions and you'll be fine. (don't flash $ or fancy things) There was even a little "Straw" market across the street from the F&F's tender dock that felt very safe. $5 tee shirts and other trinkets.

As for the snorkeling: When your climbing off the dock, (the one by the beach not the tender dock), it is only about waist deep, it does get rather shallow around the dock area. (less than waist deep); But if you make a straight swim from the dock going out towards the ocean for about 80 to 100 yards it opens up incredibly. 4 to 5 foot fan corral with bright purple veins, parrot fish, small moray eels, trumpet fish, many other fish of many different colors, even saw a good size barracuda; (will not bother people, but you should leave shiney objects out of the water.) Be careful some of the coral can be sharp, scraped my leg pretty good. If you are a good to moderate swimmers it should be easy for you. Beginners and children I'd suggest using a snorkel vest. I'm not sure if F&F's rent them?! Sorry! :o Out 100 yards it does get deep, and the drop off from the reef to the open ocean is breath taking! From awesome colors into darkness; kind of creapy!:eek:

As for the rest of F&F's, the pool was really nice and clean. Everything is new and clean. The local beer was only $2 and good. The food was reasonable as well. DW and I split Qasadillas ($5) and fracilos sp, It was like a hunduran fondu! ($6) both really good. The gift shop was nice and well stocked, a little pricey, but considering how nice the place is, it was worth it. There were more staff here than guests. there were workers racking the beach, cleaning the pool, waiting on our 2 tables, and speaking more like Jamacans "yah mon!" The owner, an american woman, Katherine? (I Think) even came by and check to see if we were all okay.

I'd go here again in a second! No doubt about it. I'm planning another cruise in aug. 2009 and I'm already planning to come back to F&F's!

As for future crowds, I'm not sure Roatan can take more than 1 cruise ship at a time. At least our dock only could support our 1 ship; maybe if others tendered in? I don't see this place getting to crowded even with 50 - 100 people @ F&F's I don't think it would feel crowded; unless EVERYONE hung in the pool area. There is still ALOT of other excursions to go on so a ton of people will not show up at this 1 spot. (at least I hope not! :cool: )

I had planned on booking an island tour with Diana & Cinthia to see the iguanas, go ziplining, then to a beach, but this just sounds too wonderful.

I'm not much of a swimmer and have only attempted to snorkel once (my fins were too large and kept coming off), so I'm a little leary, but I'd be fine if I had a vest.

We have a reservation at Playa Uvas in Coz at our first stop and will snorkel there, so hopefully I'll be an expert by the time we arrive in Roatan!

I'm glad I decided to open this thread and read through it!

Archived