Onboard entertainers??

bazzaw

Hi all

Does anybody know if there is a way to find out who will be the entertainers on a cruise that leaves soon. Of course, I can always wait and be surprised :) - but I can't wait!! :)

Barry

What ship..I will guess it is P&O/Princess from Sydney so here is my list of who you might see...Normie Rowe, Jackie Love, Jackie/Tony Trent, Barry Crocker, Mike Harris, Tony Pantano, Ugly Dave Grey, Jon English. Yes, they have all been on board.

Certainly not Delta Goodrem or Lee Kernighan.!!

Enjoy.!!

What ship..I will guess it is P&O/Princess from Sydney so here is my list of who you might see...Normie Rowe, Jackie Love, Jackie/Tony Trent, Barry Crocker, Mike Harris, Tony Pantano, Ugly Dave Grey, Jon English. Yes, they have all been on board.

Enjoy.!!

Gosh it's a bit like being sent out to pasture after the use by date isn't? Seriously, the only people that would really recognise any of these names would be those over 40.

Gosh it's a bit like being sent out to pasture after the use by date isn't? Seriously, the only people that would really recognise any of these names would be those over 40.

Excuse me Liz!!! :confused: Not over 40 and I do recognise those names - in fact used to love Jon English!!! :D But agree that the cruises need some younger entertainers as well.:)

I'm only 33 and I know at least half of those names :p

We had Normie Rowe on our last cruise. He actually lives on the gold coast so I wouldn't be too surprised to see him on the Brisbane cruises pretty regularly.

John English is a pretty good entertainer. I'd actually go see him if he was on my cruise. I saw him in a play at the 12th Night Theatre a few years ago and really liked him :)

Ugly Dave Grey is a name I know too - who could forget him and Graham Kennedy throwing innuendo at each other on Blankety Blanks? :D

But I would really love to see some more 'modern' entertainers on our ships. I remember being a teenager and hearing stories of the good old Fairstar and it's entertainers being (at the time) current bands like Icehouse, 1927, Jimmy Barnes etc.

Even now those 3 would be good to see LOL! I'd even pay!

I'm only 33 and I know at least half of those names :p

We had Normie Rowe on our last cruise. He actually lives on the gold coast so I wouldn't be too surprised to see him on the Brisbane cruises pretty regularly.

John English is a pretty good entertainer. I'd actually go see him if he was on my cruise. I saw him in a play at the 12th Night Theatre a few years ago and really liked him :)

Ugly Dave Grey is a name I know too - who could forget him and Graham Kennedy throwing innuendo at each other on Blankety Blanks? :D

But I would really love to see some more 'modern' entertainers on our ships. I remember being a teenager and hearing stories of the good old Fairstar and it's entertainers being (at the time) current bands like Icehouse, 1927, Jimmy Barnes etc.

Oh god yes - me too :D Jimmy is fantastic live (Jindabyne Hotel - brilliant) I remember seeing INXS at the Sands in Narrabeen - fantastic. Bring back live bands!!!!:p The dancers and singers that we had on the Sun were fantastic but I only ended up seeing Piano Man (showed last day - sorry left that out of my review) and Ashley. A concert on a ship would be the ultimate blast. Imagine Bon Jovi, John Cougar, Jimmy,(oops sorry I was imagining their bums.) But anyone would be great!! The band the Sun had in Terraces lounge - Distinction, were very good and played some fantastic music but in the big lounge to have a world class band would be the ultimate - even if it isn't a band but a singer (eg. David Campbell, James Blunt, Delta) you get the general idea. Oh well we can keep dreaming. (loved Blankety Blanks!!!)

Hi Jo (MsMinx)

I remember being a teenager and hearing stories of the good old Fairstar

Geez - only those over 40 would have even heard of the Fairstar :):) I'm 61 and it is dim in my memory:)

But, in answer to my original question, I would be happy for any of the performers mentioned to be on my next cruise. We could discuss our medical conditions between concerts.

Barry

Hi Jo (MsMinx)

Geez - only those over 40 would have even heard of the Fairstar :):) I'm 61 and it is dim in my memory:)

But, in answer to my original question, I would be happy for any of the performers mentioned to be on my next cruise. We could discuss our medical conditions between concerts.

Barry

My big brother Brad went on the Fairstar and he is only 10 years older than me and he had a ball!!!!:D

Imagine Bon Jovi, John Cougar, Jimmy,(oops sorry I was imagining their bums.)

HAHAHA Oh god love ya Mandy!! You crack me up!! But if you're making a list of must see bums you have to add George Michael's in there! Think about the "Faith" film clip ....... mmmmmmmmmm:p

I'd love to see some 'modern' singers on a cruise ship. Even if was an Aussie Idol or Popstars reject!! They'd certainly get more interest from the 'younger' passengers if they actually knew who the entertainers were :p

HAHAHA Oh god love ya Mandy!! You crack me up!! But if you're making a list of must see bums you have to add George Michael's in there! Think about the "Faith" film clip ....... mmmmmmmmmm:p

I'd love to see some 'modern' singers on a cruise ship. Even if was an Aussie Idol or Popstars reject!! They'd certainly get more interest from the 'younger' passengers if they actually knew who the entertainers were :p

Oh god!! Forgot about his!! Very good:D Damn shamn he swings the other way. Oh well you know what they say!! Would love to see some of the Idol starts there - what a fantastic Idea - quick email P&O :D I would certainly turn up to some of them as well! (sorry can't help myself!!):D

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jo (MsMinx)

Barry

She's only been gone 10 years.

Karen

Enjoy.!!

Isnt Barry Crocker a brand of cakes or something?

Me too would pay lots. Dont know that Iva Davies is quite what he used to be though.

Well those old entertainers I mentioned have to go somewhere to earn a $ when the RSL Clubs have had enough of them.

As for Jimmy Barnes I heard he will be on Pacific Dawn belting out his tunes during 2017, I reckon the PD will be due for scrapping by then.:confused: and Jimmy will be the same age as most of the passengers.

Jarrod, you have to be 60 to entertain on the Cruise ships, you know blend in with the crowd. On RP coming over I thought Tony Pantano was the best singer we had on board.

On another note..does anybody know if on PD they are having the full broadway type shows with a dozen dancers like RP had? I heard the stage had been made smaller in the showroom to accommodate more seating for pax, so it would be a bit tight for a big production show like Princess Cruises had.

Me too would pay lots. Dont know that Iva Davies is quite what he used to be though.

Iva is more than the average pop\rock singer. He has many strings to his bow, and IMHO he could now play to a wider audience. I think he would be sensational.

Cheers

Geoff

Archived