question ? I booked a single cabin TBA

motay

I have a question regarding the bookings,of a single cabin. My ticket, says my cabin is TBA. Does that mean, it is possible for me to get an upgrade? If I show up to the dock, early? Or should I show up late and hope they may have been upgrade for me? Or does it not matter what time I show up on going to get a single cabin in the bottom of the boat.

It means you booked a guarantee. Usually about 6 weeks out your cabin # will be assigned. It does mean you have a better chance of getting a higher deck which is considered a upgrade, but very rarely getting to the dock early will help. Almost every cruise is sold out and folks who are platinum will have dibs on any free upgrades which are rare these days, has nothing to do with you booking a guarantee.

Its 2 weeks away and I got my documents today. It says cabin:TBA

look on your sign and sail page-- on the back- on the bottom is a long string of numbers that start with your booking number. right after that number should be your cabin number.

No matter what time you get to the pier--your cabin is already set. Check with the porters (who have a manifest) to verify your cabin number before you hand over your luggage. then write that number onto your tags.

But more then likely that number is on the sign and sail page (Unless you booked recently)

all rightey then I looked on my boarding pass. My cruise ticket in my sail and sign contract, and they all say TBA. I don't think I want to give my luggage to a porter with my luggage tag saying TBA. Oh well, maybe I will give, will give Carnival a call to see what they say. But as of right now, I will arrive at the port early just so I can enjoy the boat. A few minutes longer....

TBA will be what it says on EVERY page except the back of the sign and sail application page.

this is the only place you will see a cabin number. Carnival does that to protect itself in case they need to move you again.

on the sign and sail application page- the page where they want your credit card information etc.. the back of that page on the bottom.

What is the number immediatly following the booking number

PS- arriving at the pier between 10:30- 11am will have you onboard in the first group of people. You will be onboard by noon but cabins will not be ready for you until 1:30

ahhh, that explains the TBA after the booking number- youw ill have to report back what you eneded up with when you got back.

My theory-- the more you pay the better the upgrade- Booking 3 weeks ago you probably paid top price...

all rightey then I looked on my boarding pass. My cruise ticket in my sail and sign contract, and they all say TBA. I don't think I want to give my luggage to a porter with my luggage tag saying TBA. Oh well, maybe I will give, will give Carnival a call to see what they say. But as of right now, I will arrive at the port early just so I can enjoy the boat. A few minutes longer....

You don't give the luggage with the tag saying TBA. You tell the porter your cabin is TBA, they pull out the manifest, look up your cabin and write it on the tag. Or they write out a new tag corresponding to the deck your cabin is on.

Does Carnival have an online booking info webpage? You may be able to keep checking there and see when they actually assign your cabin.

Nothing wrong with showing up early, if you don't mind waiting in line. I like to board the ship as early as possible, especially if it's a new class of ship for me. This won't affect what cabin you get though.

Does Carnival have an online booking info webpage? You may be able to keep checking there and see when they actually assign your cabin..

yes, they do-- register to use the site= then on the top of the page--click on MYPROFILE... and click on ADD A BOOKING NUMBER.

once that is done the cruise will then be located on the main page of carnival web site.

Click on Cruise details will give you information regarding your booking

Archived