room service menu?

Unca Pete

So if one is in a suite does this mean that one can order from a larger menu? If so what is it? I am really not too interested in dressing up in formal wear in Tahiti where it will be hot and sooooooooo humid. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining! The opportunity to go there is priceless. Just trying to figure out my alternatives. Thanks for any input.

So if one is in a suite does this mean that one can order from a larger menu? If so what is it? I am really not too interested in dressing up in formal wear in Tahiti where it will be hot and sooooooooo humid. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining! The opportunity to go there is priceless. Just trying to figure out my alternatives. Thanks for any input.

We just had a suite on the Tahitian Princess. The night before you got delivered the lunch and diner menus from the main dining room. The breakfast menu was a slightly expanded menu from what everyone else has for their room but it includes cooked items. We abused the dining room menus several times and even included friends who were visiting our room.

Twas one of my favorite perks

:)

What level of dining is offered free on Princess for the complimentary room service?

Peter

One trick I learned from here was to write in items not listed on the breakfast menu and they will bring it.(No hot items, though) I ordered bagels and lox and enjoyed them on the balcony in the morn....

We only ordered room service food in the morning and I must say I was very unimpressed. We ordered croissants and they were dry and tasteless, tried the danish - yuck and the bread rolls were blah. We loaded them down with jelly/marmalade and they were barely edible. The only nice thing was having a glass of orange juice while getting ready for the day.

I am a huge champion of the Caribbean Princess and adored the food in the dining room, but this is one area where they need to make improvements.

My daughter tried to order a cheeseburger one evening around 10pm and was on hold for 15 minutes! She and DH decided to just walk up to the trident grill and get it themselves. :rolleyes: So much for room service.

If you are counting on room service in the non-suite staterooms, better not get your hopes up too high.

I also ordered and received bagels and smoked salmon for breakfast. They have the plates already made up in advance, so it must be one of the things that isn't really any bother for them to deviate from the breakfast card menu.

The only other times we have ordered room service has been for a quick lunch either before or after getting back to the ship. We'd much rather eat in the dining room, otherwise.

And on Princess ships, we usually don't order room service since the Horizon Court is always open. On other cruise lines, the buffet closes down sometimes during the day.

Thanks for posting that link. Lots of great information there. Is there anything similar out there for other ships (i.e. Diamond) that you are aware of? :)

The room service menus are standard throughout the fleet, if you look at one for a certain ship, the rest will be the same. Enjoy!

toto is the one for the sea princess, i noticed it might not be available on all ships, is there one for it, that looks fine to me,

linda:p

They are all pretty much the same, no matter which ship in the fleet you sail on. These (linked) were the same that we had on the Sea Princess both times we sailed on her.

On "in port days" my hubby and I call room service have sandwiches delivered (minus the mayo) and pack sandwiches in zip locs that I bring . . . .this way it's easy to food off the sit for a day at the beach. I'm a little leary of the food in some of the restaurants sometimes so for me its a nice alternative. It also saves money . . . .every little bit helps when you had to pinch the pennies to even get on the ship.

Just a suggestion.

On "in port days" my hubby and I call room service have sandwiches delivered (minus the mayo) and pack sandwiches in zip locs that I bring . . . .this way it's easy to food off the sit for a day at the beach. I'm a little leary of the food in some of the restaurants sometimes so for me its a nice alternative. It also saves money . . . .every little bit helps when you had to pinch the pennies to even get on the ship.

Just a suggestion.

This could be a costly suggestion. We were told that in many ports it is a big NO NO to take food off the ship. Could get you into an awful mess, accompanied by a big fine. I think some places prepackaged things (like crackers, cookies) are OK, but many things are illegal.

Karen

Just a suggestion.

Please check your princess patter before doing this. There are some ports that do not allow any type of fresh foods, even sandwiches, removed from the ship to take onshore. The fines if caught are horrendous and not worth taking the chance.

They are all pretty much the same, no matter which ship in the fleet you sail on. These (linked) were the same that we had on the Sea Princess both times we sailed on her.

thanks again toto, i hope the menu hasnt changed before we get on our cruise

linda

I am really not too interested in dressing up in formal wear in Tahiti where it will be hot and sooooooooo humid.

We were on the Tahitian Princess in August, and, as a warning, I would say the dining room was anything but hot. The whole ship is nicely air conditioned, but the dining room was so cold I often had to wear a sweatshirt over my nice dresses. Also, the dress code was either non-enforced or incredibly casual, we saw people in the dining room in denim (regularly) and occasionally what looked like gym clothes. I think you could eat in khakis and a nice shirt most nights and be OK.

Any beverages included on the room service menu ?? (juice, coffee, soda ?)

Coffee and tea are available through room service 24/7 except the last morning onboard when there is no room service available. Juice is available at breakfast through room service, after breakfast, which I think ends at 10:00 AM from room service, then there is a charge for juice.

Soda is not free from room service or anywhere else. Even if you purchase a soda card, you can not use it through room service as they deliver cans and the soda card is only good for fountain sodas, cans are not inlcuded.

Archived