Crocs and decorations

golfnkitties

While in Maui, from our Summit cruise, we were in a shop that was selling Crocs so I got to try on the Sassari style. Will buy them locally or on line.;) I noticed trays and trays of non Jibbitz type decorations, so just had to buy a large clear crystal heart. :o

Was putting them on a different pair of my crocs and noticed the name on the back---Shoe-Doodles dot com.

WOW ! Blinking lights, Christmas trees with blinking lights and tons and tons of neat stuff ! :cool:

I just had to post this, I'm new to Crocs and maybe you vets know of these,:rolleyes: but just in case it's some place new, check it out !

Decorations for Crocs have been around a long time.

Crocs are not my style.

And, even if they were, I think decorations are cute on little girls, but it kind of reminds me of when we get checks in the office that are written by adults but have designs like Disney Princesses or Holly Hobbit. I don't understand the appeal, but you should wear what you like.

Lucky for us here in australia i dont think the crocs actually became very popular with adults. You do see a few small children wearing them though.

maybe around the beachy areas they may be more common.

personally I hate them especially when i occasionally see someone wearing them with socks.

I dislike it when anytime the word Croc is mentioned the first handfull of responses are negative retorts. The OP wasn't asking what people's opinions were about the fashion statement Crocs make but passing along a link for those who would be interested in it.

So thank you Golfnkitties.. I'll be surfing through it and hope you don't feel bombarded by the responces.

On the decorating note.. I've seen cute things done with ribbon and I've bought brads at scrapbooking stores for mine. You can get a handfull for a dollar which is nice~ I'd suggest putting them in the holes that don't rub against your foot though!

Thanks Claire, GalOverCs, for the kind words ! :D

I take pride in being a bit different !:rolleyes: I'm in my golden years, and have sported a beautiful rose on my wrist for the past 30+ years. I always have 'happy' toes:p on our cruises, a different color polish on each toe. I used to be able to wear strappy sandles and fancy flip flops but those days are gone. So now I do enjoy my Crocs !

If I follow the beat of a different drummer, it's my choice ! :p

Tacky - sure crocs & their jewel & dodads are tacky. Isn't that what the point of the whole experience is? It's not like they are for formal nights or an evening on the town, or church, or the office. They are casual, relaxed & fun. Live it up with some studs & jewels when you can, I'm sure they are not going to be around forever, something will come to take their place & we'll all debate the next fad. For now I'll check out the fun stuff.

Tacky - sure crocs & their jewel & dodads are tacky. Isn't that what the point of the whole experience is? It's not like they are for formal nights or an evening on the town, or church, or the office. They are casual, relaxed & fun. Live it up with some studs & jewels when you can, I'm sure they are not going to be around forever, something will come to take their place & we'll all debate the next fad. For now I'll check out the fun stuff.

Not being judgemental or critical just mentioning that I've seen them at just about all of these places.:)

iheartbda: Did not take it as judgemental at all. I guess it may be a geographical thing or something, but have never seen them worn other than in a casual setting around here. Although Penn. is not that far from Ont. Thank goodness cause we are going to Grove City for a girls weekend at the malls in a couple of weeks. Can't waite! One other thing, it's hard to find all of the new styles of crocs around here. I've only seen the original ones, maryjanes & the new mamoth ones. Don't know about them in a wet Canadian winter though, seems the fur lining will get wet, wet, wet.

Personally, I LOVE my Crocs. I am a nurse, with uber-wide feet. At the end of the day, in regular shoes, my feet hurt. Doesn't matter what brand or how expensive the shoes are--my feet hurt.

With my Crocs, I can run all the halls all day and come home with feet just as happy as they were at the beginning of the day.

And, yes, I do have a pair decorated with jibbitz. They are the university branded Crocs and each shoe has 3 decorations--a football, a basketball and the school mascot. I wear them proudly!

I'm heading over to Shoe-Doodles dot com right now.

Thanks for sharing!!

BTW--I also have Mickey Mouse checks!:eek:

Personally, I LOVE my Crocs. I am a nurse, with uber-wide feet. At the end of the day, in regular shoes, my feet hurt. Doesn't matter what brand or how expensive the shoes are--my feet hurt.

With my Crocs, I can run all the halls all day and come home with feet just as happy as they were at the beginning of the day.

And, yes, I do have a pair decorated with jibbitz. They are the university branded Crocs and each shoe has 3 decorations--a football, a basketball and the school mascot. I wear them proudly!

I'm heading over to Shoe-Doodles dot com right now.

Thanks for sharing!!

BTW--I also have Mickey Mouse checks!:eek:

Crocs have been banned from UK hospitals apparently they generate static and some life support machines have went on the blink when the nurses wear them:eek:

Crocs have been banned from UK hospitals apparently they generate static and some life support machines have went on the blink when the nurses wear them:eek:

this appears to be an overreaction and done without research. Other hospitals have researched it and reached different conclusions:

http://www.bcbr.com/article.asp?id=86134

I do love my Crocs... My twin 24 year old daughters have some, and even my husband bought himself a pair. I have been known to wear mine with socks (gasp) when it gets cold... which it tends to do here up in Canada. I have as yet to buy any little decorations for my Crocs, but you can bet I'll be looking up the site you posted, thanks a bunch! I'll be bringing mine along on our Jan 6 cruise on the Valor.

Dee

Archived