Family fun beaches on Maui, and in Kona

AZGrandma

I'd like recommendations for "family fun" beaches in Maui and near Kona. We will be cruising Pride of America in January.

By 'family fun,' I mean they have some activities available, such as kayaks, water trampoline, water inflatable-mountain climbing, etc; they have a grassy and/or shady area for picnic; and they will have a mild surf, which I know is even more of a consideration in January.

We cruised to Cozumel w/o our kids and ended up at a beach that would have been PERFECT for our kids! If you wanted to do activities you bought an wristband for one price ($8 in inexpensive Mexico!) and you had access to all the activities, beach chairs and umbrellas, etc. It would be perfect for us. Any recommendations for something similar in Hawaii? Since this IS my vacation, I want to sit at the beach and watch my kids play. ;-)

Thanks so much,

Leslie

There is noting like that in Maui or on the Big Island, The closest think you will come to in maui is Kaanapali Beach where they rent jet skis and do parasailing (may 15th-dec 15th due to whale season) Keep in mid you normally need to make surf lessons, kayak tours, etc. in advance especially during high season, especially jet ski rentals as there is only one operator on island who has a monopoly. So if you are expecting maui to be anything like cabo, cozumel, puerto vallerta, etc. Sorry to say you will not find that here. Aloha!

Archived