Finding a waiter

Ask your TA to email the dining room coordinator a few weeks before the cruise. They can request that you be seated with that team if they're still on the ship, working the dining room and haven't been promoted. Then once you board the ship, go to the dining room and ask the maitre d' if they're there and can be assigned to your table - our experience has been that they don't assign the teams until shortly before the first seating. Good luck!

On our first Mariner sailing, we had Mauricio from Mexico, who was an absolute gentleman, and the most attentive waiter. I especially liked that he didn't rush us through the meal, even though we were early seating. We wanted to request him the second time around, but didn't know how to go about it. We were assigned Rodel from the Philippines, who was also wonderful. We were able to catch up with Mauricio, and sit in his section of the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch a few times, so it all worked out just find in the end.

We've also always had excellent luck with the waiters on all our cruises - Benjamin from the Philippines on Adventure and Jaffar from Turkey on Explorer stand out in our minds.

Come to think of it, we'll be on the Mariner in March, so I'd be interested in knowing who it was as well! Although I have to say that we've almost always had a fabulous waitstaff, so I'm also willing to take my chances.

Last night we were commiserating about how horrible it was to have to serve our own dinner to ourselves. We really liked, no.....loved, Curtis :)

We had Ivan (I believe he was from India) and Emron (from somewhere in the Caribbean). They were both so great, not only for service, but they really related well to our 10 and 7 year old boys. They would give them riddles or do magic tricks (usually involving tooth picks). Out of all the things the boys remember from our cruise, Ivan and Emron rank pretty high.

Archived