Just got this from our concierge

I wonder if this means that diamond and above members don't get to use the lounge, but must go to the diamond lounge instead...hm:confused:

Correct - on Freedom class ships, the only way that D / D+ members gain entry into the actual CL is if they are also staying in qualifying suites.

We booked a GS for August, at that time (Nov.) a JS was not available (or so they say) and we told our travel agent to let us know if any other suites JS would become available. Since then and reading all the threads about the perks of a GS we decided to keep the GS.

Since then we have gotten numerous calls from our TA that RCI called and had many JS available.

We told our TA that we will keep the GS.

Isn't it amazing how at one time there were no JS and now their abundant.

Getting more and more exited, can't wait till Aug.

We are sailing this Saturday on the Liberty in an owners suite. We have not received an email from the concierge. Wonder why???:confused:

Liberty 12/2007

Crown Princess 12/2006

Carnival Liberty 12/2205

Mariner OS 12/2004

Radiance OS 12/2003

Imagination 12/2002

We just turned Diamond--are the CDs & DVDs for use there in the Club or should bring a small CD player--or do they loan those out?

Your suite may have one. If you are not in a suite, then yes, you will need your own player.

I wondered if everyone booked in a suite will get a concierge letter or is this depending on the ship and the concierge in charge?

We have the Royal Suite on the Explorer for the Christmas/New Year cruise and so far we know about the general amenities of the suite but I would really like to know if the iPod plugs into the entertainment system? I know, its a very random question, but when I rang RCCL they didn't know the answer. Does anyone know????

Thanks,

Daniela

Could someone enlighten me as to what a luggage valet is? We will be in a GS next June and was wondering if it will be any benefit to us.I really would like to see the free internet available to those in suites.

Luggage valet is a program offered in certain ports that IMHO greatly simplifies your disembarkation process if you're flying home after a cruise. You sign up a few days before the end of the cruise, and on the last night of the cruise will receive your airline boarding pass and airline luggage tags. When you put your bags out, in some ports that's the last you'll see of them until you arrive at your home airport. In other ports, you still have to retrieve your luggage, but will then take it through customs and hand it to somebody who will load it onto a truck headed for the airport.

The program costs $20 per person. It's particularly useful if you have a mid to late afternoon flight and want to do some sightseeing without having to deal with all your cruise luggage. Even if you don't, in FLL (as an example) you can't check in until 2 hours before your flight, so you'd be stuck with a mound of luggage until then - we saw a lot of that last year. Well worth it, I think.

I wondered if everyone booked in a suite will get a concierge letter or is this depending on the ship and the concierge in charge?

We have the Royal Suite on the Explorer for the Christmas/New Year cruise and so far we know about the general amenities of the suite but I would really like to know if the iPod plugs into the entertainment system? I know, its a very random question, but when I rang RCCL they didn't know the answer. Does anyone know????

Thanks,

Daniela

I have a Royal Family suite on Explorer 12 night. And I believe the CD player is quite a few years old so I'm guessing not. We ended up buying a small portable speakers that also charges your ipod. It was $30 at sam's club. As far as a letter from the concierge...I've been trying to find that out but no one seems to know or they just don't answer me. As far as amenities:

First and foremost a beautiful room

Use of bathrobes

slippers to keep

toiletries (shampoo, conditioner , shower gel, poof, lotion)

petite fores and choc covered strawberries delivered to room (formal nights)

Priority embarktion (luggage tags to be first ones off too)

Concierge service (a private room on deck 9 , you need a key to get in)

Concierge Service includes 24 hour primo coffee maker (makes cappuccino,espresso, hot chocolate, hot water, coffee) , continental breakfast every morning, and cocktail hour (5-830 free wine , liquor and mixers beer soda water along with hot and cold appetizers)

The concierge can do a variety of things for you. Make portofino reservations, get ice skating tickets for you, help you with excursions. There is also a dvd player in your room and you can borrow dvd's in the concierge.

Hope this helps

You can hook up your iPod to just about anything with the right cable. Here is just a sample from the Apple Store online.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=MB128LL/A

My husband has hooked up our iPod before to our GS on the Radiance, so I'm sure you should be able to do the same thing on the Explorer. If you need further help, you could email me.

We just returned from the 12/02 Freedom sailing. We received our email from the concierge on the Monday before our cruise date...if that helps. I've seen other reports of getting an email a week before all the way up to a day before. So yes, I think it depends on the ship, concierge, on how busy the current passengers are keeping the concierge.

We were in a GS, with other family in an RFS. There wasn't infor or menus in the stateroom indicating that you could order off the dining room or Johnny Rocket's menu. But I've always thought just calling room service and asking during dining room hours could get something from the dining room menu. That being said, I should have tried that with breakfast. There wasn't much of an option for a hot breakfast on the room service menu in the room or the TV....basically scrambled eggs and sausage or bacon. I never saw a pillow menu either, but maybe you have to ask the room steward?

We drove to the port, but other family did use the luggage valet for $20 per person - and it's a great service. Even better if it will be offered as a perk in the future! In Miami they did not have to claim it to go through Customs...just met at 7:15 in Isaacs, and off they went. However there were several tag colors called even earlier than the Valet group - just not sure how long they waited for their luggage.

We only stopped in the Concierge Lounge once for a pre-dinner drink; but I would grab a cup of coffee often, and I believe the rest of the family stopped in quite a bit. It's a very nice room, and Francois is great....it's too bad there isn't an ocean view there though.

We just returned from the 12/02 Freedom sailing. We received our email from the concierge on the Monday before our cruise date...if that helps. I've seen other reports of getting an email a week before all the way up to a day before. So yes, I think it depends on the ship, concierge, on how busy the current passengers are keeping the concierge.

We were in a GS, with other family in an RFS. There wasn't infor or menus in the stateroom indicating that you could order off the dining room or Johnny Rocket's menu. But I've always thought just calling room service and asking during dining room hours could get something from the dining room menu. That being said, I should have tried that with breakfast. There wasn't much of an option for a hot breakfast on the room service menu in the room or the TV....basically scrambled eggs and sausage or bacon. I never saw a pillow menu either, but maybe you have to ask the room

steward?

We were in a GS on the Mariner a week ago. There were complete menus including Johnny Rockets in our suite. There was also a pillow menu sitting on the bed. (Maybe you meant a regular menu?)

We drove to the port, but other family did use the luggage valet for $20 per person - and it's a great service. Even better if it will be offered as a perk in the future! In Miami they did not have to claim it to go through Customs...just met at 7:15 in Isaacs, and off they went. However there were several tag colors called even earlier than the Valet group - just not sure how long they waited for their luggage.

I understand that they were trying the luggage valet service on our cruise on the Mariner. It was complimentary with our suite and we would have paid for it anyway .

We only stopped in the Concierge Lounge once for a pre-dinner drink; but I would grab a cup of coffee often, and I believe the rest of the family stopped in quite a bit. It's a very nice room, and Francois is great....it's too bad there isn't an ocean view there though.

The new perks they are trying for the GS and up are great.

I wanted to add another couple of perks...I just recently got back from Navigator and I was in a GS.

New amenities that I hadnt had on previous cruises this year are:

1) Coffee pot with coffee press! I loved this!

2) Pillow Menu - Isotonic, goose down, body pillows to name a few

3) Binoculars to use - I loved this too!

If someone posted these things already sorry I didnt read the entire post:p

xo

Kim

• 4 weeks later...
I am sailing on the Mariner this Sunday, December 9th, in an OS. I just received this email from the concierge and thought I would share it since I have seen lots of questions on this board concerning suite amenities.

My name is Mitzi Ramirez and I will be your Concierge onboard the beautiful Mariner of the Seas. We are excited that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation.

As the Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard. Upon boarding, you will receive a folder with more detailed information as well as the key to the Concierge Club. Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

· Use of the Concierge Club lounge located on deck 9

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Explorations! Salon and Spa appointments, etc.

· Arrangements for private parties.

· Personalized Port & Shopping Guide advice.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

· DVDs and CD's for your use while onboard

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering of your dinner wine.

· Complimentary rain gear

Salon & Spa appointments, shore excursions and some of our other services often sell out. There fore, it is recommended that these be booked in advance either through the Royal Caribbean website at http://royalcaribbean.com/home.do or if you prefer, by emailing me and I will make the reservations for you. Once the reservations are made, I will send you an email confirming the details. Remember, in order to avoid disappointment, it is recommended that you book in advance.

In addition, we are pleased to offer our newly enhanced Suite Program, exclusively for our Suite guests. For the first time ever, we’re offering full menu in-room dining options, among other exciting benefits and services, all to maximize your suite experience. Program highlights include:

· Full menu from Johnny Rockets® available for in-room dining

· Full Breakfast and Dining Room menus available for in-room dining

· Fisher Price toys, board games and playing cards all available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

· Complimentary luggage valet program

· And in the Concierge Club, be sure to enjoy an exclusive preview of fine art from renowned artists, photography lessons to snap your perfect cruise vacation memories, and an opportunity to have a one on one conversation with the Port & Shopping Guide regarding recommended shopping information.

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying the Royal Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite and Family Suite. The lounge is accessible with your concierge key on a 24-hour basis. Due to the adult oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening, only guests of 18 years and above are permitted in the lounge. We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge. The lounge has been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have. Have a safe and pleasant flight.

Sincerely,

Mitzi Ramirez

Concierge

Mariner of the Seas

Service with a Smile!

Thank you for posting this information. We will be in a GS (our first suite) on the Mariner in April. I can't wait. I am excited to see you can order from the regular menu for breaksfast. This means I can have Eggs Benedict or something else if I get tired of that instead of the same old room service menu. YUMMY!

Thanks again! I will post if we get an email before our cruise.

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying the Royal Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite and Family Suite. The lounge is accessible with your concierge key on a 24-hour basis.

So I hope that Diamonds get to use it on Jewel of the Seas--would really be a downer to have just reached this level & then the perk devalued!

On our recent Radiance Hawaii cruise there were so many D/D+ that the concierge lounge was only available to the Suite guests and D+. We had the Viking Crown lounge in the evening for cocktails..............which was great........but no access to the concierge or the CL for breakfast, coffee etc. The cruise before us limited the concierge lounge to Suite guests only.

On our recent Radiance Hawaii cruise there were so many D/D+ that the concierge lounge was only available to the Suite guests and D+. We had the Viking Crown lounge in the evening for cocktails..............which was great........but no access to the concierge or the CL for breakfast, coffee etc. The cruise before us limited the concierge lounge to Suite guests only.

And according to RCI's statements about a similar incident on the Explorer, this practice is contrary to Royal Caribbean policy. If you encounter it you should be sure to register a complaint onboard and follow up with the company when you get home.

Archived