Quality Of The Meat Being Served.....

mikeblum

this would be for folks who have just gotten off one of RCCL'S ships in the last 60 to 90 days...please commnet on the quality of the meat being served in either the main dinning room...the windjammer or chops or portofino's...some people are starting to comment about it...both good and bad...

Just did LOS and we found the steaks in the dining room to be the best ever of our 7 cruises. Never went to Chops cause the meat in the dining room was tender, flavorful and cooked medium rare. Now the porkchop was another story...dry!!!

We have found quality in WJ & MDR to be about what you would get any mass service type place...banquet halls, wedding reception that sort of thing.......Not bad but not great either.

Chops and Portifno is better.

We just got off the NOS. the meat in the dining room was usual cruise standard select beef. I found the food to be hit or miss on our cruise. I thought the Prime Rib in the dining room was good and easy to cut. We ate in Chops and thought the meat was not as good as our last cruise. Windjammer was good.

We normally do not go cruising for the food always have found the food to be fair to average I do think it is one of the weak links for RCL or any mass market cruise line. If royal ever became serious about improving the food quality then the price of the cruise would have to go up and not sure how many people would jump at that. You get what you pay for and that is our attiude when it comes to food on RCL.

If royal ever became serious about improving the food quality then the price of the cruise would have to go up and not sure how many people would jump at that. You get what you pay for and that is our attiude when it comes to food on RCL.

I agree with you as it may regard the main dining rooms; however, the pay-extra specialty restaurants should be significantly better in all aspects.

It's not just RCL. Cruised NCL to Alaska this year. Found the food (beef) in the specialty restaurant worse than in the main dining room.

I'm not through cruising, I'm just through using the specialty restaurants -- on any/all cruise lines!!

I was extremely disappointed in the quality of food this past summer on the ExOS. Twice we left our meals sitting there and went up to the WIndjammer.

The Service was disappointing as well. Out wait team just didn't have it down pat.

It was also aggravating seeing people let in with shorts on, children allowed to run around, and diners let in an hour late!

Complaining to the MD was met with the normal schmooze.

I'm beginning to think that in order to get the GOOD food, you have to pay up for it. Definately not a good trend.

Just off Mariner of the Seas this morning. Both DH and I thought food in dining room was better, much better than last year. We did not eat much of the beef but the fish, lamb, even chicken were very good. The salmon was outstanding, the sea bass done perfectly. Everything was hot. The service was great. Even the last night food which I find mediocre most cruises was good. We went to Chops and Portofinos and while we will go to Chops again(always go the 1st night) we will skip Portofinos from now on, the DR food is good enough for us. The buffets at the Windjammer are standard fare but could always find something. :)

We just got off of the Empress and we found the meals and meats, were great. We did not eat in Portafino's at all, just the main dining room at night.

I had no complaints at all with any of the meals I ordered for the 11 nights. I do not eat fish, just meats. My husband was satisfied with his also. He eats a lot of fish dinners, plus meats and loved them all.

We had 1 table mate who did not care too much for one meal he ordered and got another. Out of eight people that was all I remember disliking something. ;)

Just off the Monarch and the food was excellent. Meat, fish and chicken were cooked perfectly. Even the breaded selections, which I normally don't like, were very good. The crew on the Monarch are some of the best I have encountered.

I was on the Explorer in Sept. and the food was very good. The meat, with the exception of the duck, was moist and tender.

We were on the Voyager of the Seas less than two months ago. We ate every meal in the Windjammer because we didn't want to dress up and also we aren't "foodies." We had a "superb" meal every time, but one night. And that meal was "good." The selection that one meal was "OK." The selections, options and combinations were fabulous at every other meal. We loved the various selctions of meats and salads. Between my DW and I, we had prime rib, roast beef, lamb, steak, chicken, salmon, cod, ham, and turkey. All were tasty, hot, and cooked just right.

I don't understand the critcism of the buffets. When you cook for 3,000+, what do you expect? Also, the quality of the meals the buffets are much better than any mainland retaurant I have been to.

The bottom line: we had no problems with our meals. Enjoy!

Just off the Grandeur in Oct. The first night the waiter skipped taking my order until the appetizers started arriving. He realized his mistake when he saw I was still holding the menu waiting to order. I ordered the Angus from the alternative menu. The steak was supposed to be on the rare side of medium, but was dry and difficult to eat. The service improved a little after that. This was a nine day cruise and by the 7th evening some of the preprinted deserts were no longer available. We did have a very good asst. waiter and our room steward was the best ever. We even complimented him on our last night survey form.

recently off Jewel....saw some "new" beef on there....shoulder of beef I think they called it---->not real tender.....first time I'd seen that type beef served.....but.....Prime Rib...fillet of beef (beef tenderloin) and the beef in the pay joints were all excellent

What beef? LOL

We had steak the last night- the only steak on the cruise that I remember besides the everyday Sirloin. This was a nine night cruise too. The steak wasn't good (N.Y strip) nor was any of the other beef. It wasn't really cooked to spec and wasn't tasty or tender regardless. One half of the baked potato was nearly rock hard. I was shocked since my last experiences on RCI were really good. The Windjammer was a nightmare. I think too many people think everything is so great since they are on vacation and it is already paid for, or they come from a part of the country that has bad restaurant food- sorry!

I have an Empress cruise booked (before this one with flight in hand so I did not cancel) and I suspect it will be the last for a long time. I do look forward to my (only one on the cruise now) 4 baby shrimp cocktail.

We sailed the Explorer of the Seas on November 4th and found the quality of meat to be much better than on any previous Royal Caribbean ships.

The food in general was much better than last year and the year before, we found.

They no longer serve the dreaded "Ranch Steak".

Ginnie

Last cruised in mid September...ate at chops every evening...meat was the same quality as when I cruised in April of this year and September, August and March of last year...no complaints here...

I ate breakfast in the dinning room and the ham I had with my breakfast was sweet tender and delicious.

Just off the Grandeur and all of the beef dishes I orderd were very good and tender, though I never ordered the NY Strip? that is an option every night. For that matter the food on this last cruise was perhaps the best I have ever had on an RCI ship.

We were on the Nav in Jan this yr, the food was to our expectation for a mass produced product, we ate in chops a few times it was a bit better.

We then sailed in August on the Carnival Triumph, compare to the food on the Triumph the Nav food was Haute Cuisine, regards ps Mortgage Dr how are your patients

12 day EOS 11/11 - 11/23 Beef nice and tender amd tasty in DR. Chicken same, Pork chops slightly dry, pork medallions moist, loin of pork juicy.. Fish fresh, flaky no fishy smell. Considering they are serving 1,500 or so people all at once the quality is very good!

Archived