Seriously need some help - passport problem

JF4300

Unless you are compulsive like me and have two copies :p :D

###

Me too! When I went through the whole passport thing, I ordered copies of everyone's birth certificate just in case I needed them.

Fast forward 6 months and like an idiot I threw out my daughter's birth certificate after a trip to register her at school. :rolleyes: (I was cleaning out my car and threw out the envelope containing the bc. Yes I am a moron)

Actually, this quote is from the wording of the regulation that will go into effect AFTER sometime in mid-2008. It's the last phase of the WHTI--and since passports are not needed on the specified RT itineraries now, and won't be needed after, there is no passport deadline for cruises. Land borders, that's another issue...

There will be a passport deadline for ALL cruises. Right now mid 2008 is anticipated.

A raised seal? Are these the birth certificates about as big as a drivers' license and issued by the state you are born in?

It does not have to have a raised seal. It MUST be a certified copy. Years ago certified copies all had raised seals, that is not the case any longer, most states eliminated raised seals years ago.

There will be a passport deadline for ALL cruises. Right now mid 2008 is anticipated.
I am sorry but you are incorrect. The WHTI has an exception to the passport requirement for US citizens on cruises which are Round Trip from the US. The text was posted above by Marci 22, and which can also be found on the Dept. Of Homeland Security website. If you go to the State Dept website, it refers you to the DHS website.

This is not yet law, but is anticipated to go into effect 'sometime mid-2008' At that point, passports or passcards or--as of yesterday's amendment--Enhanced Driver's Licenses will be required to cross a land border. But not for the US RT cruises.

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1182350422171.shtm

BIL applied for passport 10 weeks ago. After 6 weeks he got a letter that said he had not signed his application. Went within 1 day and signed a new application & sent by overnight mail. For some reason his passport is being processed in Washington, DC (he is from Pennsylvania) We leave on Dec. 23 for caribbean cruise.

Does anyone know if RCCL is requiring a passport?

Should he go to Washington, DC to try to get it?

Anyone have any ideas. My sister could lose over $5,000. if they can't go on this cruise!

I just sailed (12/1) using my BC and had NO problems and it didn't take any longer than someone using a passport, so don't worry!!

Archived