Maitre d' Andrew (from Poland)

Clasina

Andrew's name popped up in one of the Century threads recently. He charmed us on Mercury last year, and we were delighted to run into him again on Century this summer.

Yes, he's tops: efficient, well-spoken, thoughtful, gracious, and (best of all) he has that twinkle in his eye.

OK, everyone, let's give Andrew a smile and a wave from his fan club.

:) :)

Someone else can do the wave, because I haven't figured out how to do those moving thing-ys yet.

Clasina

YEAH Andrew was amazing - He came over every night to talk to us (usually they stop by the table but he would come over and talk for a few minutes every night), he sang happy honeymoon and brought us a cake, and made an effort to give us a good table and talk with us every time we had lunch in the dining room. He was definitely the best Asst Maitre d' we have had. I wish they were all like him!

[quote name='Clasina']Andrew's name popped up in one of the Century threads recently. He charmed us on Mercury last year, and we were delighted to run into him again on Century this summer.

Yes, he's tops: efficient, well-spoken, thoughtful, gracious, and (best of all) he has that twinkle in his eye.

OK, everyone, let's give Andrew a smile and a wave from his fan club.

:) :)

Someone else can do the wave, because I haven't figured out how to do those moving thing-ys yet.

Clasina[/QUOTE]

Hi Clasina !

I was also on Century this Summer. While Andrew was not the Assistant Maitre'd In our Section, I had many conversations with him. He was a real pleasure to speak with !

Andrew really had no reason to go out of his way for us (as I was not in his Section). However, he frequently came over to my table at breakfast, lunch, AND Dinner to make sure my family was enjoying ourselves. He even arranged for a very nice Anniversary cake for a member of our family.

Andrew really scored alot of points with me. You could clearly see, that he loves his work. I give him a BIG thumbs up !

I truly hope I will see him again, on a future Celebrity Cruise.

Regards,
Andy

Andrew was on my Oct. 03 cruise of the Mercury.
He is truly amazing. He was present every night and really made dinner something you wouldn't want to miss. One evening several of us were talking about how much we enjoyed paella (sp), as our waiter was from Spain. Several evenings later, Andrew appeared with a huge platter of paella thet the chef had prepared for our table. Another evening he was kept busy preparing crepe suzettes for our section of the dining room.
Just another wonderful memory of the Mercury and Celebrity.

Reggie:D

Andrew (Andziej) Has been the best of all of our thirty plus cruise on various lines. Very personable and excellent in human relations. We did have Andrew on two cruises on Century several years ago and just missed him as he disembarked for a vacation as we embarked. Hope to see him again.:)

We must admit that we never thought much about the Maitre'd on our past cruises. For the most part, they were only visible on tip night. This past July we cruised on the Century & were fortunate to have Andrew as our assistant Maitre'd. He is fantastic! He's very personable, has a good sense of humor & really worked hard to make our dining experience fantastic. Our waiter (Josua) was even more amazing. Andrew, Josua & assistant waiter really did a great job.

[quote name='Nanci']I just returned from the Century this morning and we were fortunate enough to have Andrew as our maitre'd. He was the best !![/QUOTE]

Hi Nanci !

I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew about 2 months ago, on Century.... he was Outstanding !

How was your cruise overall ? Any exciting rumors heard onboard ?

Regards,
Andy

[quote name='Host Cruise Andy']Hi Nanci !

I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew about 2 months ago, on Century.... he was Outstanding !

How was your cruise overall ? Any exciting rumors heard onboard ?

Regards,
Andy[/QUOTE]

Hi Andy: We had a fabulous cruise and Ivan did not stand in our way. We had beautiful weather even though we had to change ports. We skipped Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios and instead went to Belize & Costa Maya. I may have missed any exciting rumors ------- about what???

Archived