Luggage

dakota57

The majority of passenger's place the luggage under the bed to maximize space in the closet and the cabin. If you have a small pieces and larger pieces you can place the smaller one inside the larger one.

This was not a silly question.

Keith

Make sure any luggage you bring, including carry on bags.......are on wheels. You'll be so glad they are. You'll do a lot of walking. Are you flying to the departure port or are you driving? Either way, luggage with wheels is a great idea. Make sure the carry on bag is large enough to have a set of extra clothes in it as well as medicines, etc. You'll be asked to put your regular luggage outside the door the night before you get back to the US. You'll need the carry on bag to hold whatever you wore to bed and your toiletries.

This might be a silly question...but where does all the luggage get stored once in the cabin ? (esp when a family of four is in one room? :eek: )

First of all, the only silly questions are the ones you don't ask. So keep asking them!!

Second, I usually try to nest pieces of luggage into each other as much as possible and then store it under the bed. Any pieces that won't fit under the beds, I stick in the closet (again putting the smaller pieces inside the larger pieces if at all possible).

Make sure any luggage you bring, including carry on bags.......are on wheels.. . . . Make sure the carry on bag is large enough to have a set of extra clothes in it as well as medicines, etc. You'll be asked to put your regular luggage outside the door the night before you get back to the US. You'll need the carry on bag to hold whatever you wore to bed and your toiletries.

Is this true even if you choose this option that someone else recommended?

If you are able, do self assist- this is when you carry your own luggage off the ship, through customs, and out the door. They usually get to go first.

No, if you're doing self assist, also known as self-debarkation, you don't put your luggage out the night before (the "self" in self-debarkation means that you are carrying your own luggage off).

However, this means you have to be able to carry ALL your stuff off on your own, with no assistance from anyone else. Depending on the ship, its policies, etc, this may mean carrying them down the stairs (and dodging other people who are loitering in them trying to get a place at the front of the line for reqular debarkation) if they decide to reserve the use of elevators for the physically challenged passengers.

Even though my luggage all has wheels and I can strap them together and pull them through the airport myself without assistance, I would not want to do this on a ship. JMO, YMMV.

Originally Posted by celbercrz333 viewpost.gif

Make sure any luggage you bring, including carry on bags.......are on wheels.. . . . Make sure the carry on bag is large enough to have a set of extra clothes in it as well as medicines, etc. You'll be asked to put your regular luggage outside the door the night before you get back to the US. You'll need the carry on bag to hold whatever you wore to bed and your toiletries.

I sure hope I'd have the opportunity to stow the toiletries back in the main suitcase before airport security. I wouldn't relish having to go through security with shampoo & other liquids in my carry-on.:eek:

Originally Posted by celbercrz333 viewpost.gif

I sure hope I'd have the opportunity to stow the toiletries back in the main suitcase before airport security. I wouldn't relish having to go through security with shampoo & other liquids in my carry-on.:eek:

You have to claim your luggage when you go through customs. This would be (IMO) the best time to move anything that doesn't meet the 3-1-1 rule into your checked luggage before your flight.

Archived