Back from Radiance - Loooooved JS 1100

Flyersno1

We had an excellent 8 days on the Radiance last week. What an excellent ship!! I could not have been happier with our selection. The cabin was wonderful, the balcony was the best, the food was great, the service was awesome, the itinerary (Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, and St. Maartin) was spectacular, and probably best of all were our dinner tablemates. My wife and I were a bit worried about sitting of a table of 8 for dinner, but we could not have asked for a better group of people to sit with. I plan to write more when I have a bit more time, but don't hesitate to ask any questions in the meantime.

Rob

I am anxious to read your review as we are going in 4 weeks. Do you remember the menus from the dining room? We want to go to Portofino and Chops, and I read another review and the weak night was I think the "Get out there" night and another night when turkey was served. Do you have any ideas which nights were the weak ones?

Did you do any shore excursions? Did you go to Chops or Portofino?

Thanks.

You will love the Radiance. Hmmm, I recently saw a post that included the menus and it pretty much matched what we had. Two of the couples at our table went to Chops on different nights and both said that they loved the food and the service. We were going to do either Chops of Portofino one night, but for no particular reason we just ended up doing the dining room each night. We never had trouble finding something that we enjoyed among the choices on the menu.

In Puerto Rico we went to the Bacardi Rum factory. In St Thomas we did a Magens Bay beach/shopping thing. In Antigua we did a 4X4 tour that included a tour of the island, time at a beach, and shopping. In St Maartin we did a tour of the two sides of the island that included a stop at the butterfly farm, and shopping. Then we hung out at the beach for a while.

We had an excellent 8 days on the Radiance last week. What an excellent ship!! I could not have been happier with our selection. The cabin was wonderful, the balcony was the best, the food was great, the service was awesome, the itinerary (Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, and St. Maartin) was spectacular, and probably best of all were our dinner tablemates. My wife and I were a bit worried about sitting of a table of 8 for dinner, but we could not have asked for a better group of people to sit with. I plan to write more when I have a bit more time, but don't hesitate to ask any questions in the meantime.

Rob

And I love you! :D

I was talking yesterday to my RCI rep about Alaska 2009 and the radiance and I was looking at 1100. You must tell me everything there is about JS 1100 i.e balcony etc (wrap around I assume).

1100 is the best cabin on the ship! The interior of the cabin is a standard JS, but the balcony is amazing - it's big enough for a couple of lounge chairs as well as a table & two regular chairs. Although it's not a true wrap-around, it does curve a bit so you get a great view to the port as well as astern. I have a few pictures of the cabin and balcony in the link in my signature. Those pics are from 2004, so the bedding is the old stuff. The new bedding is simply divine!

That is "our" cabin!! LOL - We had it in October 2001 and loved it. Great quiet location with the exception of those engine thrusters early in the morning! Also a good workout going to/from the elevators! lol

The wrap-around balcony isn't really a wrap-around - you can only squeeze on the side of it just a bit. It is nice and deep though. ;)

You will love the Radiance. Hmmm, I recently saw a post that included the menus and it pretty much matched what we had. Two of the couples at our table went to Chops on different nights and both said that they loved the food and the service. We were going to do either Chops of Portofino one night, but for no particular reason we just ended up doing the dining room each night. We never had trouble finding something that we enjoyed among the choices on the menu.

In Puerto Rico we went to the Bacardi Rum factory. In St Thomas we did a Magens Bay beach/shopping thing. In Antigua we did a 4X4 tour that included a tour of the island, time at a beach, and shopping. In St Maartin we did a tour of the two sides of the island that included a stop at the butterfly farm, and shopping. Then we hung out at the beach for a while.

I'm still deciding on whether to wear a tux or suit on formal nights. What were the majority of the men wearing?

Thanks for the info regarding the shore excursions. We are doing the shopping thing/Magen's bay in St Thomas too. We had a tour planned for Antigua, but think we will do the pirate ship instead.

It's good to hear the food in the DR was good too. Thanks again.

I'm still deciding on whether to wear a tux or suit on formal nights. What were the majority of the men wearing?

Hi fellow cruiser, we are at the early seating and my DH will be wearing his TUX, he doesn't get many opportunities to wear it so he likes to take advantage when he can.

Rob

Hi Rob...

We had your cabin for the same cruise you just did on Radiance.

We had it in our possession for 9 months and gave it up to do a b2b2b on Navigator. :D

Hope to sail in that cabin sometime in the future to see what we missed out on.;)

Bob:)

Archived