Traveler Checks?

BURWASHT

First off, I have never cruised Costa in Europe yet, but I know for sure that for all European cruises, Costa's onboard currencly is the Euro, for all Caribbean cruises, it'll be the USD.

I would ASSUME, that both would be accepted, but for the USD you'd probably have to calculate with the exchange rate, as Euro is the currency they use for Mediterranean cruises.

Hopefully somebody can answer it for sure.

We are doing a Costa Med cruise on the Concordia out of Rome. I still like bring traveler checks, should I have USD checks or Euro checks? Will the ship cash both?

The board currency in Europe in the Euro so Eurochecks would make more sense. I do not know if Costa takes Traveller Checks - best to check with them before you sail?

Don't forget you will need some form if security (i.e. Cash, Credit Card Registration) to allow you to purchase on board and to cover the daily service charge).

Ron

Can't remember......don't think the exchange rate was too great however. I just needed a few euros until I found an ATM on land. I wouldn't recommend this route for changing large amounts of money. I just happened to have some old travelers checks with me. Check with your US bank to see which European banks they are affiliated with to avoid extra service fees when using your ATM card.

Archived