Just back off Vision of the Seas!!

momonmeds

We just got home from our first cruise on Vison of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera. We were traveling with our 6 children, (20, 17, 16, 11, 9, and 2), my father, my brother and his 4 children, (14, 11, 8, and 6). We had a wonderful time!! We had interior rooms, 3101, 3103, 3105, 3107, which were adequate. Of course larger balconys would have been nice, but I would do an interior again. Our room attendant, Steve, was excellent -- and the kids all thought he was the coolest!

We had main dining, and our waiter Salih and assistant Engel, were the best! Everyone we met on the staff was so kind and helpful, we loved it.

In Cabo we didn't plan any excursion. As we got off, there were so many people yelling for our attention, it was crazy! We ended up paying $50 for all of us to go on a glass bottom boat ride around the arch, seeing lovers beach and lots of seals and fish. We were dropped at Medano beach for a couple of hours and then taken back. The beach was full of vendors, and the prices were higher than in the other ports. I would either plan an excursion or stay on the ship next time.

In Mazatlan, we went with Randi's Happy Horses. It was by far everyone's favorite! Randi was great and Tony, her guide, and his family were awesome! As we were riding along, it occurred to us -- we are in Mazatlan, on a deserted beach, riding horses! It was great. Victors was good, a little pricey I thought, but the food was good. Lots of vendors there too.

In Puerto Vallarta, we took a tour with Tony Sanchez. It was $250 for all of us in his 14 passenger van. He took us all around the city, showed us the "real" Mexico, gave us time to shop, and then took us to the jungle. The place he took us for lunch was too expensive for us $20/pp, so we ended up going somewhere else that was just as good. It was about $10/pp and we shared plates, so really about half of that. The jungle was beautiful, but we didn't spend as much time there -- not really much to do. We didn't do the zip line because of numbers and cost. The kids liked it, but felt we were in the car too much. We really saw a lot though. We were with him for about 5 hours. After that we wandered out on our own, but there isn't much except for a wal-mart. He told us the vendors right across from the pier were expensive, but we didn't think they were any different than anywhere else. In fact, my children were looking for wooden chess sets, and that is where we found them!

The last two sea days were windy and a little cold, but it was great to just hang out and relax. We had such a good time, we made a deposit on our nextCruise!

Any questions, just ask, I'll be glad to help you.

The ship was in what I would consider good condition. I had heard a lot that she was run down, but I didn't think so. There were constantly people cleaning, polishing and painting. In my opinion, she is very well cared for.

I can't recall the captain's name, but it was something Scandanavian. Our waiter and asst. were Salih and Engel.

Archived