NCL Jewel Questions

BuoyOHBuoy

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but I'm sailing 080201 on the Jewel and was wondering the following:1 - I read somewhere that there is a "relaxation pass" or some such thing that you can purchase to access spa features like the hydrotherapy tub. Any cruisers or critics here know this for sure? Would like any details at all about this.2 - I'm booked in a mini-suite AF cat which features a concierge. What exactly does that mean? (Sorry for my ignorance).3 - Our cruise departs Miami at 1700hrs. What time can we embark? Do mini-suiters have priority embarkation? Any advantages when it comes to tenders either?4 - Silly question - yet I don't know the answer. My parents (seniors) and I are sharing the cabin. Every pic of a mini-suite balcony that I find shows 2 chairs. Anyone know if it's possible to get 3 for the balcony???Anyhow - that's it for now.... thanks in advance for anyone who is able to assist me! Happy holidays to all of you.

I can only answer two of your questions but at least your post will get back to the top for awhile and hopefully someone will know the rest.

The first thing I know is that you can definitely get a cruise-long pass for the spa that will allow you access to steam, sauna, special showers, cold dip pool (yikes), as well as the co-ed area with the heated loungers (great view!!!) and the thallaso-whatever they call it pool, which is just a giant hot tub.

The spa is great, by the way, and i recommend the pass if you are at all into going to the spa. If you are with a significant other, look into the Rasul treatment for two, which is good fun, and includes a cruise-long pass to the spa area. That is a great value.

The other thing I know is that you can start boarding by noon I think. Maybe even a bit earlier. I know my wife and I were on by noon.

I can answer the question about the concierge. First of all, I hear rumours that the concierge is not included in mini-suites in the new year, so you may want to check this out. But, assuming you do have access to the concierge, it will probably be Alex (unless he recently left) and he is wonderful!!!! We were in a courtyard villa and we thought he was better than having a butler. Alex booked our restaurant reservations for us, and we got every time that we wanted. Not sure if it was just a lucky week, or if it was because we booked through the concierge. He also got us on and off the ship really quickly. If you get this with the mini suite, it it wonderful! We watched everyone on the last day, standing around waiting for their number to be called. We just called Alex and he met us and walked us off. We were off in 1 minute, exactly when we wanted to leave.

Alex would answer any questions we had, he would greet us (by name) everytime he saw us. He is wonderful!

I agree with the previous poster, that you can usually get on the ship around noon (possibly 1:00). But your bags may not arrive to your cabin until 5:00 or so, so pack your bathing suit or anything else you need.

I didn't do the spa on this cruise.

I believe the mini suite balcony is even smaller than the courtyard villa, and it would have been tight fitting 3 chairs on our balcony (although it would have been possible). You can always ask...

Have fun!

we just stepped off the jewel from christmas week, there is a spa pass it depends on the length of your cruise, I will be posting all of it when I get back from my trip.

Alex is the concierge on the jewel and he is wonderful, unfortuneatly mini suites will no longer have concierge service. We were on the ship by 11:30 but we were in an AB, you certainly should be able to get on by 12:30 I would think or at the latest 1:00. There is room to squeeze another chair on the balcony just ask your room steward and they will get one for you.

Archived