snorkelling in Labadee

weechloe

We've been to Labadee before and wondered if there is any place to snorkel that is half ways decent.

the only decent snorkeling at lbadee is to take their snorkel excursion which we are planning to do on our Millie cruise next month

• 4 weeks later...

We we're on the Mariner last February and loved Labadee. Our kids(first cruise and first snorkel) had a blast. They rented equipment on the island and went right from the beach. There is a sunken ship and they saw alot of fish. There is a marker in the water to mark the sunken ship. DF and I sat on the beach and drank Labadoozie's, YUM YUM. Kids loved them to, without the alcohol. DF had some pretty bad sunburn and stayed in the shade. Don't forget the sunscreen.

Have fun, we're going again in March, only on Carnival, with the kids. They're hooked now.

Happy Sails.

We were on Brilliance and did the snorkel excursion in Labadee. They took us to an area that was not very deep and it was all reef, I personally don't like snorkeling and being so close to the coral where it is touching me! If you snorkel to see a lot of colorful fish, like I do, I don't recommend the ships snorkel excursion.

Danna

We were on Brilliance and did the snorkel excursion in Labadee. They took us to an area that was not very deep and it was all reef, I personally don't like snorkeling and being so close to the coral where it is touching me! If you snorkel to see a lot of colorful fish, like I do, I don't recommend the ships snorkel excursion.

Danna

we did the labadee excursion last week... the crew on the excursion is great but.. i wouldn't recommend it for experienced snorkelers.. very little coral and very few tiny fish.. maybe good for beginners but don't expect good snorkeling

The ship excursion is not impressive, IF you are looking for big fish. My kids and I enjoyed it because it was not very deep, but there was a lot of coral and colorful fish, plus it was easy to dive to the bottom and explore. Most of the area was 10 feet or less. The boat anchors over an area just about 4 feet deep. We saw lots of sand dollars, sea biscuits and shells. It was one of my favorite snorkel adventures. We're looking forward to going again when we are there in October.

Archived