Self Disembarkation or not?

southwardbound

We will be going on the Miracle soon.:) We have a full day in Fort Lauderdale before are flight. We have always done self disembarkation first thing in the morning on our other cruises. Just wondering if that is less of a hassle or not? Your experience and imput would be appreciated.:)

You are so correct Mr. Pete ! On my most recent cruise it took about 1 1/2 hours for the self people to get off and then they started the "other" process. Didn't bother me...no rush. The more people the cruise lines "encourage" to use self....the less luggage they have to handle. (cost savings ??)

So if we don't self-disembark, and it's a normal kind of day, even assuming we were the last ones called (our cabin is on Main, Conquest) what's the time frame we would be looking at? We are driving home, so don't have to be "first off the ship", but it is a long drive, so we would want to get started fairly early.....

Thanks!!

So if we don't self-disembark, and it's a normal kind of day, even assuming we were the last ones called (our cabin is on Main, Conquest) what's the time frame we would be looking at? We are driving home, so don't have to be "first off the ship", but it is a long drive, so we would want to get started fairly early.....

Thanks!!

Yup. Assuming everything is going according to plan you will probably be off no later than 11. Remember, there are 2,500 new sign & sail cards just waiting to be used:D The cruise line has a vested interest in getting you off and the new passengers on.

Charlie

Yup. Assuming everything is going according to plan you will probably be off no later than 11. Remember, there are 2,500 new sign & sail cards just waiting to be used:D The cruise line has a vested interest in getting you off and the new passengers on.

Charlie

Hey "Charlie",

Just wanted to jump in quick and say hello! I miss you guys! I can't believe we're missing you guys by a couple of weeks on the Miracle. Vinny and I leave on Monday for FLL. I hope you two have a wonderful cruise, and I hope we cruise again in the future!!

Amy and Vinny

Oh, and to stay on task, I have always self-assisted on disembarkation, but because we're not leaving until 3pm, we're going to sit and relax this time around. I'm actually looking forward to not being rushed and pushed around at 7 in the morning.

Thanks!!

We just returned from the Ecstasy earlier this week, therefore, I would assume the process would be very similar to yours.........we were the last group called, 25, made it through customs at noon. The line through customs took ~ 1hr.

We enjoyed hanging on the ship......had a nice breakfast and played cards while all others were in line.

Have a blast on your cruise.

Archived