The Upgrade Fairy visited us!

marty30907

Just checked our E-documents and we were upgraded from a 8A cabin to a 8E cabin! Panorama deck 1026!

Now I really cannot wait! No VIP boarding but that is OK!

Wow! Great upgrade! Good for you!

How are you feeling these days? Well, I hope!

Wow! Great upgrade! Good for you!

How are you feeling these days? Well, I hope!

Thanks for asking.:)

I am feeling OK. Finished my last treatment yesterday. My next appointment is in Jan 29 for a physical exam. I hate where the doctor puts his finger!:eek:

3 months after that, I go back for my first PSA check and when that comes back good, I have to go every 6 months for a 2 year period.

The doctor told me Wednesday, that all my treatments looked good, my ultra sounds looked good, and so did my X-rays. So, I will have lots of cruising years yet to come with my DW (soul mate).:D

Congrats! We have an OV-G. If one were to guess, or from past experience, what are the chances of an upgrade for us, how far in advance do you find out, and what is the upgrade likely to be?

Well, we are 65 days out and just got our cabin assigned, been checking everyday!:D

We had a OV-G when we sailed on the Imagination in 03 and got upgraded to V26, Cat 11 demi suite. The problem is now, my DW will not go without a balcony!:eek:

With my luck we prob won't be upgraded but it certainly would be nice. Looks like a few of you have ended up with balconies, huh?

We never did get a cabin assignment on the Carnival website. It stayed TBA. Found out at the pier. I guess the longer they hold out on assigning the cabin, the better chances of an upgrade. I was still expecting a 6A but was very very happy with the 8F. :D

I also got this upgrade on the Triumph in Jan. We booked a 8A guar. and also got the panorama deck as well. This is our first cruise and didn't know if this is a good thing but from your reactions I would say it must be.

I also got this upgrade on the Triumph in Jan. We booked a 8A guar. and also got the panorama deck as well. This is our first cruise and didn't know if this is a good thing but from your reactions I would say it must be.

Yes it is, please let us know how you liked it.

We were in 1056 just a few steps down the hall when you came in the door. The ice machine was a few doors down the hall. We sunned on the decks just a few steps down when you stepped outside. Never had to use public restroom, we were closer to our room. Never any foot traffic in the halls. For sailaways, even tho we had a balcony we went all the way forward to the outer deck so we could get views from both sides. I was afraid we would be too high up to enjoy the ocean and all but it was just perfect. PLEASE let me get that upgrade again! You are gonna love it.

OK, I have heard of this mysterious upgrade fairy visiting from time to time. I believed that this fairy was extinct but it appears that there have been some infrequent sightings. I have not been blessed with this visit personally but I am holding out hope for our next cruise. Are there any enticements that you can do to attract this upgrade fairy to make a personal visit? I know with the tooth fairy I only had to put a tooth under the pillow and she came. What about the upgrade fairy?

All joking aside good to see that you did get an upgrade…enjoy

2.gif

OK, I have heard of this mysterious upgrade fairy visiting from time to time. I believed that this fairy was extinct but it appears that there have been some infrequent sightings. I have not been blessed with this visit personally but I am holding out hope for our next cruise. Are there any enticements that you can do to attract this upgrade fairy to make a personal visit? I know with the tooth fairy I only had to put a tooth under the pillow and she came. What about the upgrade fairy?

All joking aside good to see that you did get an upgrade…enjoy

2.gif

I wished I knew that answer to your questions. This is the third time out of our last four cruises we have been visited by the Upgrade Fairy.

Imagination - G-OV to V26 Cat 11 suite.

Glory - G-8A to 9229 8A

Elation - booked V26

Triumph - G-8A to 1026 8E

Maybe our PVP has been doing this, but, I am glad that we have been getting them. Maybe we are just blessed.

Archived