You have everything pack right? Now think about a coat etc

snelsonbrown

I know I know you can not believe its going to be super cool here but starting tomorrow (Jan 01,) we will be looking at weather dipping into freezing stuff and yes its going to be around 31 on up this week here at the port. This will only be around a little while here in Florida and before you get to crusing out of here into places where you can get a suntan and feel that warmest of the sun.

Its better to be warn then come down here thinking you are going to get a suntan and get a windburn instead. So just grab something to keep ya warm if only for a little while.

Here is a link for your information and you can add other cities here in Florida and get their weather information for when you come down.

Stay warm and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Always

Shirley

Cape Canaveral

http://www.accuweather.com/us/fl/cape-canaveral/32920/city-weather-forecast.asp?partner=google&u=1&traveler=0

I agree, Shirley! We've been in Ft. Lauderdale several times when I've appreciated my light, long sleeved jacket :) .

Thanks for the link and Happy New Year to you, too!

I will be so thrilled when the sun will feel warm again. The temp. will start dropping tonight UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Although I have got to appreciate that at least I can get up and enjoy whatever the weather is.

Always

Shirley

I know I know you can not believe its going to be super cool here but starting tomorrow (Jan 01,) we will be looking at weather dipping into freezing stuff and yes its going to be around 31 on up this week here at the port.

I hear you!!! A few years ago in early April my husband and I were at Downtown Disney one evening and returned to the car to dig out our winter jackets from the trunk. We had driven down to Fla. so had them along and were very happy to have them!!

I know I know you can not believe its going to be super cool here but starting tomorrow (Jan 01,) we will be looking at weather dipping into freezing stuff and yes its going to be around 31 on up this week here at the port. This will only be around a little while here in Florida and before you get to crusing out of here into places where you can get a suntan and feel that warmest of the sun.

Its better to be warn then come down here thinking you are going to get a suntan and get a windburn instead. So just grab something to keep ya warm if only for a little while.

Here is a link for your information and you can add other cities here in Florida and get their weather information for when you come down.

Stay warm and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Always

Shirley

Cape Canaveral

http://www.accuweather.com/us/fl/cape-canaveral/32920/city-weather-forecast.asp?partner=google&u=1&traveler=0

I have been looking forward to warm weather and I have been watching the forcast for my ports. I was just talking to my DH about this because we don't want to carry a heavy coat at the airport, taxi, hotel and port. I said I would bring a light coat. It appears that Friday in Miami is going to be 71 but colder at night. I was hoping for warmer:eek: Even all my ports say 70's. I bet the pool will be cold too:eek: Oh well, I will try to make the best of it. Thanks for the heads up

Front page in this morning paper "Choice: Bundle up or Freeze"

We are supposely going to break a record starting tonight, but even worse on Thursday and we will have high winds which have started already.

Better be safe than sorry.

sorry the report wasn't better :-(

Always

Shirley

Front page in this morning paper "Choice: Bundle up or Freeze"

We are supposely going to break a record starting tonight, but even worse on Thursday and we will have high winds which have started already.

Better be safe than sorry.

sorry the report wasn't better :-(

Always

Shirley

Wow, that stinks for me. Is it supposed to get better by my sailing date which is this Saturday? :(

Happy New Year! It's 77 degrees here right now, this time tomorrow it will be in the low 40's with a high of 59 degrees. Petty much repeat the same on Thursday but Friday it will return to the mid 70's. Now if we could just get a dusting of snow...:D

Happy New Year! It's 77 degrees here right now, this time tomorrow it will be in the low 40's with a high of 59 degrees. Petty much repeat the same on Thursday but Friday it will return to the mid 70's. Now if we could just get a dusting of snow...:D

Thanks for the info and you can have our snow lol...hate the cold. Do you think a light jacket will be good enough for Friday eve?

Thanks for the info and you can have our snow lol...hate the cold. Do you think a light jacket will be good enough for Friday eve?

Absolutely. Friday night should be in the mid sixties. Hate the cold as well, bailed out of NY because of it. ;)

Hey there Bequia,

Come up this way girlfriend - I remember one year we got some "dusting of snow" but it melted before it even hit the ground BUT it wasn't here on the beach THANK GOODNESS.

I will be glad when we get back to normal - our worse day will be Thursday and then back to warm in the day and cold at night.

Always

Shirley

Actually I'm looking forward to the chill the same way that I look forward to rain. Anything to break up monotonous sunshine that we have to suffer through down here. :p

Good morning Bequia,

Guess what? Went out this morn to take my 4 legged "daughter" out and the weatherman sure got it right this time. Good side of this all, it should all be gone in a couple of days so bring out some layers and enjoy the change :-)

as I layer myself before I go to work today.

Hope the day goes great for ya and if you ever find someone that does gift baskets reasonable down your way, please let me know. Wish Shelly would have stuck it out.

Always

Shirley

...the weatherman sure got it right this time....

He sure did!! Normally, I don't trust anything the weather folks in Miami say because so often they are wrong. They say "no rain", so I varnish and get rain. They say "rain all afternoon," so I hold off on a varnishing project I need to complete and find I wasted a day where there wasn't a drop. This happens all the time.

But yes, today...COLD, and the wind where I am is vicious! We had to put storm lines on the boat. I'll be happy when this goes away. Weather here changes quickly. Just yesterday afternoon, I was laying on the bow working on my tan; today, looking for what little winter clothes I have. :mad:

On the positive side of everything, we know our cold weather doesn't last for long, the bugs seems to survive our cold, but the folks up North have to bundled up every day, make sure the heat is on full blast and their great entertainment is being able to go out and make snowmen/women and snow angels so all in all we are all blessed and thankful I am still layer up and work at my age. yep life is good although I still don't like shivering and looking like I live in the North Pole but wait doesn't Santa live there ;-).

All have a great day, but still bring something warm to wear for you just never know :smile:

Right now 31 would "almost" feel like a heat wave!!! We have snow banks so high that I can't see around them onto the street! (did I mention that I hate winter!). So far we have gotten 52 inches of snow and temps right now are about 14 with a cold wind .... Can't wait until spring ... or the 4th of July, which ever comes first!!! Jan

Actually I'm looking forward to the chill the same way that I look forward to rain. Anything to break up monotonous sunshine that we have to suffer through down here. :p

Hubby is on a consulting gig in New Smyrna and just called me complaining about how he is freezing his butt off! I'll be down for two weeks the end of the month!

Let's get together for a cocktail Bequia! Mojitos at the new St. Regis?

Good morning everyone

Well I survived taking Tia (the little dog) out this morning even though the wind is howling like a hurricane, the temp has dipped into 32.5 degree and my hubby Norm has to go to the ships to make deliveries this morning so I sure can feel for all of those that are having to deal with the cold weather in every capacity or condition. The only good thing here is that it doesn't last for long and by this weekend, all should be enjoying warmer weather eespecially if you are coming down this way to cruise, but remember the nights will still be very cool.

Anyhow all stay warm and safe.

Always

Shirley

Archived