What are you wearing tonight?

Jane110

Good Morning!

We spent the evening at the movies. "The Kite Runner". It is a spectacular story and I want everyone to go see it. It is very true to the book and is wonderful. We were still in the car at midnight due to a lovely Michigan dumping of snow! Kids will have a great sledding day.

Tomorrow I am off with DDs to a gorgeous spa in Northern michigan for 3 days of masssages, facials and stuff. Part of their Christmas presents.:rolleyes: (and mine!) A little skiing before massages.

Happy New Year, everyone!

DH and I went to Tampa for the holiday with some friends and enjoyed dinner and dancing at one of our favorite restaurants. We are in the car now on our way home (love my Verizon air card).

I wore a black silk chiffon dress very fitted through the waist and hips, with a deep V neckline and deep V back. It is beaded and falls mid calf, with some fullness at the hem.

Yesterday, I bought a new pair of black patent high heeled sling backs with an open toe and grosgrain bow across the instep and wore them with it. Even after lots of dancing they were very comfortable!

Hey everyone!!!!Happy New Year.

I'm glad to hear that my jeans and a T-shirt weren't too out of place as quite a few of us stayed home, watched movies, played video games or karaoke. My son ended up winning the Karaoke contest by donning an inflatable Frankenstein's Monster costume and singing "Puttin on the Ritz" a la "Young Frankenstein."

Isn't that playing or coming to Broadway?

Guitar Hero sounded like fun. We ended up playing Scene It on the Xbox 360. I couldn't seem to press the little buttons fast enough.

I can't remember who, but someone was going to Times Square... How was that?

We went to a party at some friends, which was vey nice. Good food, good company. I wore a black lace skirt (lined, of course), boots, and a V neck velvet burn out top.

One year, when my husband and I had a New Year's Eve home alone, I was tickled that he changed from jeans and a sweatshirt into nice clothes (I did, too) to show that the evening was still special.

Let's see... I'll be wearing sweatpants and t-shirt while I feed/supervise 8 teenagers in our home. Some day I hope I get to be something other than a parent. LOL

I think you meant, you can't wait til you no longer have to supervise. I'm hoping you always want to remain a parent! :)

By why would having a houseful of teenagers relegate you to wearing sweats and a tee?

A winter coat, scarf, gloves, hat, etc. We will be in times square!

OHMYGAWD! I did that once when I was a teenager. I guess every NY kid wants to go there one time in their lives.

So how was it???

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I wish you all a GREAT 2008!

Sounds like many lovely evenings were had - both low key and on-the-town.

Our dinner party turned out spectacular with a few people from last year and some newcomers. Some came from far away, (Australia) some from just around the corner. Two were celebrating their committment ceremony that they had last week, so that added an even more festive element.

The whole evening was non-stop laughing, talking, etc. and at 11:55PM we hadn't gotten to dessert yet, so we decided to skip going to the promenade and watched the ball drop on televison, and then got back to dessert.

Got home at 3:00 and now getting ready for the annual New Years Day Party that other friends of ours have.

After this, no more sugar til Valentines! (yeah, right!)

PS- Caviargal - Where in Tampa did you go?

Happy New Year everyone!

My darling gay boyfriend threw a party close to our home in a clubby sort of lounge and I wore a grey sequin Sky top with my destroyed Joey True Religion jeans and my Prada shoes. My top was loved by all the boys.....and my darling husband wore Chip & Pepper jeans, a dress shirt, black Prada loafers, and a black sport coat and had a marvelous time!

PS The food was fantastic!

Hey Girls! I was the one in times square last night. Well not so much times square as it was soooo crowded, we were a few blocks away. It was crazy, so many people. But definitely a good time. Its not something I would want to do every year but hey, it's something you have to do in your life time if you are living in NYC. We went last year as well and said we wouldn't this year. However, we had visitors and of course they wanted to go! But it was a great time, fun people, and the weather wasn't too bad at all.

Happy New Year all!!

I posted earlier but our plans did change. Our daughter had a friend coming over and the four of us played some game that you have to give clues to the word and there is a hand held gizmo that times you. Then we played Life. I think we went to bed at 2:00.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I wish you all a GREAT 2008!

Sounds like many lovely evenings were had - both low key and on-the-town.

Our dinner party turned out spectacular with a few people from last year and some newcomers. Some came from far away, (Australia) some from just around the corner. Two were celebrating their committment ceremony that they had last week, so that added an even more festive element.

The whole evening was non-stop laughing, talking, etc. and at 11:55PM we hadn't gotten to dessert yet, so we decided to skip going to the promenade and watched the ball drop on televison, and then got back to dessert.

Got home at 3:00 and now getting ready for the annual New Years Day Party that other friends of ours have.

After this, no more sugar til Valentines! (yeah, right!)

PS- Caviargal - Where in Tampa did you go?

We went to Donatello, a favorite haunt of mine while I lived there and our third New Years Eve. Small place and we partied late with the owners and staff when most of the other customers were gone. Then we could not get a cab so one of the guys on staff drove us home:) .

Happy New Year everyone! :D

I wore a gold top with a black sparkly (sequined) sweater, with a black knee-length skirt and black boots (with tights).

I had just about my favorite New Year's ever. My (new) husband and I hosted a party in our new place, and at midnight we all went up to the rooftop to see the fireworks at Navy Pier. I spent all day making appetizers and we had champagne cocktails for everyone along with the usual.

Only one casuality - someone dropped one of our new red wine glasses we received as a wedding gift. :(

I wore black slacks with a great black/white graphic scarf at waist, black long-sleeved t-shirt and graphic black/white cardigan..all looked sooooo put together!!...and I was the most dressed up of anyone there. Spent the night at a friends lake house in Illinios. 4 couples and had the BEST time. Grilled lamb, filet, potatoes, salad with plenty of champagne and fab wine. Some fun friends came by at 12:01...they're ALWAYS late!! LOL

Archived