Did I overpay..Did I Triumph?

PrincessDreams4P&B

I just booked today a guarenteed Balcony for 5 (2 adults, 3 small kiddeos) for $2600. (all port charges etc. included) for the Oct. 12, 2008 sailing on the Triumph.

Did I get a good rate or should I have kept looking? I feel unsure as it is more than I paid for our last cruise BUT, we have since added to our family and we are in a balcony this time. I guess I am looking for some reassurance that I got the best rate I could.

We are also new to Carnival (we formerly cruised with Princess but grew to large for their 4 to a cabin rule and I didn't want to book 2 cabins with small children but I digress..). Are there good and bad things I should know? What is the Triumph like and how good is their Kids Club?

And one final question, we will be traveling with a 1 year old, any tips from anyone who has done this?

Thanks so much!!

i think only ships built 1997 or before grandfathered in 5 to a cabin. its not allowed on the newer ships. if you only paid $2600 for 5 that sounds cheap to me. conquest used to start 719 plus taxes and now plus fuel charges. now rates are up acrost the board and that rate is now gone. $500ish per person for a balcony sounds awesome but we only cruise 2 to a cabin

Given that I just paid over $1000 more than that for a 7 night June cruise (Lido deck balcony for 4), I think you got a great deal!

My daughter loved Camp Carnival, and didn't want to leave when I would go to check her out (she's 7). Keep in mind that you have sailed on the best, and the Triumph may not be as fancy as the Princess. But you will all have a great time!! We loved it!!

Now I am wondering if maybe I bit off more than I could chew..I also looked at the Facscination out of Jacksonville and the Inspiration out of Tampa, both are a much closer drive and shorter might be better for my daughter... I heard that both got recent upgrades and new waterslides. My husband and I just loved the iten. for the Triumph and it is great for him to get away from it all for 7 whole days (heck it takes 3 for him just to unwind).

As for Carnival not being as fancy as Princess, most of that was lost on us..we spent most of our time in the pool or in the cabin (with my husband making many trips to the buffet), the only thing I say we will miss about Princess is the huge movie screen in front of the pool, my oldest especially will miss it as they were showing Pirates of the Caribbean when we sailed.

the only thing I say we will miss about Princess is the huge movie screen in front of the pool, my oldest especially will miss it as they were showing Pirates of the Caribbean when we sailed.
Sorry to hijack

We were on a October sailing of the Miracle and packed family costumes......

We were bummed that we weren't selected as one of a dozen finalist for the costume contest, when the guy that won had a shirt on that said I don't do costumes.......I thought we looked good as a family unit(it was fun to dress up for dinner)

miracl32.jpg

Now I am wondering if maybe I bit off more than I could chew..I also looked at the Facscination out of Jacksonville and the Inspiration out of Tampa, both are a much closer drive and shorter might be better for my daughter... I heard that both got recent upgrades and new waterslides. My husband and I just loved the iten. for the Triumph and it is great for him to get away from it all for 7 whole days (heck it takes 3 for him just to unwind).

As for Carnival not being as fancy as Princess, most of that was lost on us..we spent most of our time in the pool or in the cabin (with my husband making many trips to the buffet), the only thing I say we will miss about Princess is the huge movie screen in front of the pool, my oldest especially will miss it as they were showing Pirates of the Caribbean when we sailed.

Well you'll be just fine on the Triumph! The reason i added that is because I've seen posts where people have tried more upscale lines, then do a Carnival cruise, and come back and dump all over Carnival. Personally, we love Carnival and have had no major complaints at all.

We just did an Inspiration cruise and my kids thought it was the bomb! They absolutely loved Waterworks and the ship is in awesome condition. They wanted to sail on her again in June just for the waterslides and it took some persuasion to talk them out of that. If the Inspiration offered a 7 nighter, we would definitely be on it come June.

I understand where you're coming from on the 5 vs 7 nights. 5 is just too short for me. And maybe you all won't miss the movie screen too much, as I'm sure there will be lots to keep you busy! Have fun.

Archived