Caribbean Princess Question

Hav2cruise

If your first stop after leaving the US is St Thomas, you will not have to clear customs, as far as I know, because St. Thomas is US owned. If you stop in St. Maarten first, then St. Thomas, you will have to clear customs.

Hope this helps.

I don't know how accurate this information is. I was booking an excursion through concierges.com and she said I couldn't do the excursion (which left an hour after my ship got in a 7:00) because I had to clear customs which didn't open until eight. I asked why I would have to clear customs when we were coming from the US to a US island and she said since 9/11 things had changed. She said (because of the late opening) it would take several hours to get off the ship. I called the day sail people personally and they thought I would easily make the excursion. Said it wasn't an issue.

I think this sounds fishy, but have no reason to think I would know better than someone who lives there and does this for a living. Just doesn't sound right. Anyway....don't shoot the messenger....just passing on what I was told! :confused:

jen

Archived