Christmas 2007 on Freedom of the Seas - long review & pics

I have to agree with everyone -- your review was THE BEST review I have read on these boards, and the pictures made it A+++! I, too, felt like I was right there with you, and I was sorry to see it end. Your pictures from Stingray City actually brought tears to my eyes, as we will be there in July via the Mariner. DH had previously mentioned the Aquapac, and your pictures made that decision easy. We will definitely be picking one up!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your holiday with us! I feel like I just took a vacation for free! :)

This is the VERY BEST review I have ever read!! You did an excellent job with writngs and pics...Thanks so much for taking the time!! We are sailing Liberty in April and were on Navigator for our second time over the Holiday! Our Dear friend Apit from NOS is now onboard FOS.....After LOS we're hoping to sail FOS and your review comfirms..we will!!

Again, Thank you for taking the time...we have enjoyed this so much!!

Happy New Year and Happy Sailings!!

Thanks for the amazing review! It just cost my husband a little chunk of change because I moved us to the mid-hump room on Deck 9 after seeing your pics. We have a years wait before our cruise on the Independence but your review has me charged with excitement!

I am just echoing the others when I say what an amazing review you put together! I really felt your excitment and enthusiasm. Loved the recounting of your jewelry shopping... always a favourite :) But the best part for me is how you opened up my eyes to the larger ships... have only sailed on the Radiance class ships and I was afraid I would not like the larger ships. You impressed me when you said you were over full capacity but you did not feel crowded. Looks like I will be looking at the big ships now :-D Thanks for putting this together.

38anchor- I just want to say that it was a pleasure reading your review, it was like experiencing a child's first Christmas, full of awe and wonder:) . You will never get that back as the first time is always the best!:D When you do your next cruise you cannot help but compare, it is only human nature and then you will become a real "cruise critic":) :) .

Dear 38anchor,

WOW, what a great review! Thanks, ever so much! The pictures and the narrative were so wonderful to read....I felt just like I was cruising for free! We are 20+ folks cruising together, and our "assistant cruise director" just forwarded this review to all of us! We are leaving on Freedom in just 36 days and this review and photos were just the thing that we needed to get REALLY EXCITED!

Thanks again and I will look at your pics often during the next 5 weeks just to get through the time until we leave! Thanks again!

:D

Absolutely fantastic review. We will be on Freedom in October and after reading your brilliant review we can't wait to go!

The people on this side of the Atlantic really know how to post a glowing review.:) :p

Hi 38anchor,

WOW what a review.:D We just got off the Costa Fortuna and saw the FOS in 2 of our ports. We really want to sail on FOS. Your photos are great and what a great review. I still have one to write on our Fortuna cruise and it will not :mad: be good. We do not recommend Costa to American cruisers, they have a lot to do to compete with our GREAT lines.

Hope we can sail on FOS next year, thanks for the great review and photos. Linda

We sailed on the Liberty last June. We also stayed at the Mariott's Biscayne Bay. We had the same view and woke up early to see the ship come in. I would definitely recommend it to anyone sailing out of Miami. Your review made me go back to that cruise and what a wonderful time we had. We also took a hump cabin on deck 7. It worked out great since my DH has very bad knees. Have you booked your next cruise yet?

Thank you so much for your review and pictures! Like you, I've been trying to read everything possible about FOS since it's our first cruise and my first vacation anywhere! I am really excited now and hope the next 2 weeks fly by so I can be onboard FOS myself!!!!!!! I wasn't going to go to Chops but after reading your review, I think we might go after all :D

Thank you so much for your review and pictures! Like you, I've been trying to read everything possible about FOS since it's our first cruise and my first vacation anywhere! I am really excited now and hope the next 2 weeks fly by so I can be onboard FOS myself!!!!!!! I wasn't going to go to Chops but after reading your review, I think we might go after all :D

precious_blue, do not miss Chops. It is a can't miss. Just be sure to save room for dessert!

Have a great honeymoon!

Archived