VISA'S for Turkey and Egypt???

BURWASHT

Hi my partner Bill and I been researching this question with Costa this past week...Answer is YES...however from different sources at COSTA...they are definately eaisily obtained either on the ship or at each port . for a small fee of approx 15-25 us dollars....Depending on who you talk to at Costa....Aside from Costa reps...The turkish amd Egyption Consulate both confirm you CAN get a visa at each port from them if wecan't get it on the ship ! And yes for about 15 - 25 us dollars....so if you are like us and plan to do independent excursions at these ports then I wouldn't lose any more sleep over it ...hope this helps...we are from Boston and are on the Jan 27 concordia cruise...Ciao Giovanni

Hi burwasht...Also...if you book an excursion with Costa as you said you did...then in your case you need not worry about a visa as your "GROUP" will get a "blanket visa" at no additional charge! The charge for visa only applies to those who venture off on their on agenda. Ciao Giovanni

There must be different rules for US citezens, UK passengers get a free visa in Eygpt when the passports are stamped by the immigration authorities( I have half an dozen in my passport).

They are checked every time you leave/board the ship by the onboard Eygptian officials.

Turkey does not require them for UK bodies.

We are Canadians that will be in port for only 12 hours(Egypt)and (Turkey). I booked a Costa cruise tour, do we need to get a visa before we go or can we get it on the ship in Alexandria(Customs)? Thank-you for your help!!

BARWASHT as with most cruises now, Costa will take your passport at embarkation and any visa requirements will be met by them.The Eygptian Immigration authorities are very keen and come aboard before anyone can disembark they stay on board for the duration of the ship being in port.They issue visa's automatically, as I said we have 3 visas for our ports of call Alexandria Port Said Safaga. The Turkish officials do the same, so any requirements are met whilst onboard. I suppose it is all the free food and visits to the "Duty Free" shops they like. On our last trip, in Alexandria, the Eygptian officials visited the shop and took "samples" then sealed the doors.

Archived