Transportation from ship to airport....

cruzfiend

Bequia, how did I know you'd be the one to answer me back:)

I was talking about the Pt Everglades. From the reviews of some posters, they say that if more than one mega ship is in port, you have to wait forever for a taxi. (More than one person has said this)

Bequia, how did I know you'd be the one to answer me back:)

I was talking about the Pt Everglades. From the reviews of some posters, they say that if more than one mega ship is in port, you have to wait forever for a taxi. (More than one person has said this)

Once in a while you may have to wait but not too long. If you've given yourself sufficient time to get to the airport, it's just easier to take a cab.

Keith

One persons "forever" is another persons couple of minutes. Lack of taxis has never been an issue at Port Everglades. :p

any idea how much a taxi for 2 from FLL TO Port Everglades costs?

Averages between $12-$15

Hi,

We (party of 6) need to get from Port of Miami to FLL. Any ideas on the most economical way to do that? Should we pre-book a vehicle so that we can be guaranteed one large enough?

Bequia, you probably know!! :)

For a party of 6 if you all need to be together I'd book a private car service otherwise just grab two cabs. (probably cheaper with the car service though)

• 2 weeks later...

So, any idea how much the taxi would be from Port of Miami to FLL? We are a party of 4, so we only need 1 taxi.

We are using a private sedan to get from FLL to our hotel in Miami, which is only $64. However, for some reason, it's almost twice that amount for the same sedan to take us from the Port of Miami back to FLL.

Any help would be wonderful. Thanks! :)

We, a party of 9, used transfloridian.com, aka TF-Orlando, this month. Booked a couple of weeks in advance. Had to pay upfront by phone, with credit card-no refunds. Had great service, with less than a 5 minute wait. (If there's a flight delay, be sure to advise the dispatch number.) Our second choice would have been floridalimo.com, aka Go-Shuttle. I liked this company as they have a kiosk at the airport, with no reservation needed. (They say they'll have a ride for you within 30 minutes.) However, I didn't like the return arrangement options: reserve the driver on the first trip by giving him the return information & paying him in cash for the return; or, make the reservation by phone, and fax the credit card info. We didn't like the idea of our CC number sitting at some machine. (The company preferred online arrangements, but our computer was ailing at the time.) The cost for both companies was $18 per person. With a smaller group, we may have had to share a ride; since it didn't apply to us, I didn't check into that aspect.

Do taxis transport an infant/toddler without a carseat between the port and FLL? I have been given conflicting information that only shuttles are allowed to transport young ones. Thanks in advance for any info.

Steve

Archived