Princess Cays Bungalows

marshacher

I have a bungalow reserved for this Saturday while on the Emerald. I will let all of you know if they have the VIP program. If they have it our cruise, I will cancel.

Les is correct in saying that other posters on other threads say that they received the full service without being part of the VIP program. That is except for the drink, other food and water.

IMHO, Les, the Coral does not visit Princess Cays on a regular basis as other ships. They may have tried a test program on your cruise to see if people will take it. I hope people on your cruise did not do it. It will give Princess a wake up call that it will not work. Besides, a free drink, some other type of food, and water just does not add up to that extra charge.

Will let you know all about it upon our return.

Scott

I have a bungalow reserved for this Saturday while on the Emerald. I will let all of you know if they have the VIP program. If they have it our cruise, I will cancel.

Les is correct in saying that other posters on other threads say that they received the full service without being part of the VIP program. That is except for the drink, other food and water.

IMHO, Les, the Coral does not visit Princess Cays on a regular basis as other ships. They may have tried a test program on your cruise to see if people will take it. I hope people on your cruise did not do it. It will give Princess a wake up call that it will not work. Besides, a free drink, some other type of food, and water just does not add up to that extra charge.

Will let you know all about it upon our return.

Scott

I hope you're right--the itinerary I was on was in fact a unique one for the Coral. If only the bungalow users on the Coral got fewer benefits than others--I'd love to know it.

Les

I can't believe this. I've been looking forward to the bungalow for almost a year! This was to be a surprise for my husband who has a red hue to his skin and brightens up with the sun! I thought this was great for him to be in out of the sun and be treated like a king. I'm so distraught and P.O.'d at Princess. $200 for what?!! I guess I'm cancelling and we'll find shade under a tree somewhere since that's pretty much all I'd be paying $200 for. So upset.

Everyone just relax! I just got back from the Emerald on 1/15. We had a bungalow on 1/14. Its $200 for the bungalow and you WILL have a server. They will get you anything you want from the buffet and bar. If you want drinks, they of course are extra. They take care of you wonderfully! We felt it was well worth the money and will do it again.

For extra money( I think it was $99 more for 2 people and $49 each for anyone else in your bungalow) you get a special menu that includes a lobster salad, welcome cocktail, bottled water and a choice from 3 different types of wine and a few other things I cant remember. I didn't feel it was worth the extra money but the basic package was well worth it if you want to feel special and pampered.

I had my TA call and find out what was happening and He told me that you don't get the personal service anymore so I canceled mine, I will be on the grand tomorrow, Now I am reading other people say that they got the regular service....I am so confused....

Rick

We booked a bungalow for our CB cruise in March and were looking forward to it. When I started reading that some people were getting served food and drinks and some were not, I considered canceling. I know better than to think I would get a straight answer from Princess if I contact them.

Now, my approach will be to wait until I am on the ship and find out what is going on. If the food and drink service is not included in the price, I will wait until the last possible moment to cancel without being charged. If I cancel now, I would kick myself if I found out the service would be provided. Also, if people who have them booked wait to cancel at the last minute (but before the deadline of being charged), it will be harder for Princess to re-book them. I realize they may have people waiting in the wings for them, but by the end of the cruise, maybe not that many will be interested in spending the money if they aren't getting the full service.

I am sitting in FLL waiting for my plane back to cold Iowa. We had a bungalow yesterday and we are very glad we did! There were 8 of us in our group and there was plenty of food for all of us. We had pitchers of ice water which was nice. The table was set with 6 real plates and forks so we didn't all eat together in the nice cool room. The bunglows are quite a distance from the boat area so it was much quieter there. The cabanna area was packed with people. So even if you don't get a bungalow go to that area of the beach!!

Snorkeling was wonderful. We saw lots of fish!!

Great time on the Grand!

We had a bungalow yesterday and we are very glad we did! There were 8 of us in our group and there was plenty of food for all of us. We had pitchers of ice water which was nice.

FF-EMT:

I know you probably won't see this until you get home, but two questions need to be asked for clarification:

Did you have the VIP program offered to you?

Did you purchase the VIP program?

Marlin

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the GrandPrincess, I was told by my TA he canceled my Bungalo but when we arrived the ticket was in my room. I went down and they promised me that the service was still included AND it was.

I think people don't read properly and then assume things, yes you can get a fancier meal for the exrta people are talking about but your $199 still gets you what you always have and am very happy it wasn't canceled.

this is one of those things where you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please let me know the real deal with this whole bungalow mess? I have reserved one for me and my girl's family (5). Her parents are not disabled but have a hard time walking far.

Anyone been there in Feb 2008? I am booked for 10 day March 25, 2008 on Emerald.

Drinks?

Meals?

Towels?

Chairs?

Golf Cart?

Bathrooms?

etc?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I was at Princess Cays on 2-16-08. It was well worth the price of $199. We had two side by side (12 in our group). It was great! We had staff checking on us throughout the day and we ordered drinks (on our sign and sail card). There are several pitchers of ice water inside the bungalow. Lunch was brought to us about 11:30. Tons of food!! Towels were provided. There are 6 lounge chairs. We did not use the golf cart, but I did see it. It seats 6 or 8 people. Bathrooms are a bit of a walk, but not too bad. Let me know if you have other questions!!

Kim

Can someone please let me know the real deal with this whole bungalow mess? I have reserved one for me and my girl's family (5). Her parents are not disabled but have a hard time walking far.

Anyone been there in Feb 2008? I am booked for 10 day March 25, 2008 on Emerald.

Drinks?

Meals?

Towels?

Chairs?

Golf Cart?

Bathrooms?

etc?

Thanks!

Just back from the Emerald 24th sailing, had a bungalow it was FANTASTIC. You will have priority tender tickets, when you get off the tender go left as far as you can. They have a buggy if you have walking difficulties or just want to be spoilt. The bungalows are brightly painted and really very cute. The waiters will bring you drinks and dinner if you wish, on the day we were there the waiters were from the Crown Grill they were so attentive, they leave to go back to the ship at approx 14:00 but one stays until the last person leaves the area. It was the perfect end to a perfect cruise for us. We were a party of 4 but we would have a bungalow again even if we were only two it just made the Cays more personal. Enjoy your cruise I am so jealous

You get 6 beach beds

loads of towels so don't bother taking any off the ship

A sun umberella

Air con and a fan

A fresh water shower at the side

proper plates, napkins and cuttlery - no plastic or paper

Table & 6 chairs

• 2 weeks later...

Archived