Anything You Ever Needed to Know About Carnival FREEDOM

kiffrig

On the tour you go several places-out to Hell's Gate, to Bird Island (hiking, lunch and snorkel lesson), mangrove area, and snorkeling in a bay. I liked it, but it was quite a rough ride to get out to Hell's Gate the day we went and it was raining & wind blowing so we couldn't climb up on it. The food was good and plentiful and you go with a "small" group. You get a good feel for the island, we were picked up right at the dock, but I found the crew not particularly friendly the day we went. Overall it was a positive experience.

As far as the shops in San Juan, we got back on the boat early so I don't know. The street type booths near the dock were closing around dark.

brcruiser,

When you did Eli's Ecotour where did you go & how did you like the tour. Looking into this for November:D.

Do you remember when the shops closed in San Juan?

Thank you, LU

The shows did include "Ticket to Ride" which was very good. The others that we saw were typical Carnival shows.

brcruiser,

Oops, forgot to ask what the "dancer" shows were in the the theater? Was one of them Ticket to Ride ~ Beatles show? Thanks again, LU

I saw that this question had been asked about the 8-night cruise, but it is my understanding that there will be two formal nights on our 6-night cruise in May... does anyone know, specifically, what days they will be on? Our cruise is May 17th, and is a Sunday to Saturday sailing. I have not been able to get a specific response on this yet, is that because the formal nights are not always set in stone?

The only reason I ask is because the folks that I will be with will kill me if I make our reservations for the Sun King, on lobster night!

Thanks!

I saw that this question had been asked about the 8-night cruise, but it is my understanding that there will be two formal nights on our 6-night cruise in May... does anyone know, specifically, what days they will be on? Our cruise is May 17th, and is a Sunday to Saturday sailing. I have not been able to get a specific response on this yet, is that because the formal nights are not always set in stone?

The only reason I ask is because the folks that I will be with will kill me if I make our reservations for the Sun King, on lobster night!

Thanks!

I heard that formal night will be on the first Sea Day and the Ocho Rios day.

Joanne

Thanks!

...and usually "lobster night" is the first formal night, right?

I had already made our reservation for the Ocho Rios night, but I won't be too upset if we miss the second formal night. Dinner in the Sun King will be ten times nicer anyway!

Thanks!

...and usually "lobster night" is the first formal night, right?

I had already made our reservation for the Ocho Rios night, but I won't be too upset if we miss the second formal night. Dinner in the Sun King will be ten times nicer anyway!

Yes, lobster is served on the first formal night.:)

I agree, dinner in the Sun King will be extra nice on the second formal night. Have a great time.

True. It is hard to please everyone, all the time. When it comes to dinner reservations like that, at least one person is probably always going to miss out on something that looks good to them.

But look at the trade off... dinner in the Sun King! Don't get me wrong, the dining room is good too, but if money were no object (I wish), it would be supper club every night for me. Much better lobster anyway. Thanks for the responses!:D

Does anyone know who the entertainer is in the piano bar now or will be in June?

Vince Strong is currently in the piano bar. He will be there through the beginning/mid June I believe, he hasn't given me a sign off date yet.

If you keep checking this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=362780

I update it as soon as I get the info.

Happy Cruising,

Laura

Vince Strong is currently in the piano bar. He will be there through the beginning/mid June I believe, he hasn't given me a sign off date yet.

If you keep checking this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=362780

I update it as soon as I get the info.

Happy Cruising,

Laura

Thanks Laura!

Ten weeks from now I'll be in FLL getting ready to sail - woo hoo!!

Just putting up a post so this thread doesn't fall into limbo like it had up until a couple of weeks ago.

Anybody here been to the Sun King supper club? I'm looking forward to it - did the s.c. on the Legend and it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten.

Ten weeks from now I'll be in FLL getting ready to sail - woo hoo!!

Just putting up a post so this thread doesn't fall into limbo like it had up until a couple of weeks ago.

Anybody here been to the Sun King supper club? I'm looking forward to it - did the s.c. on the Legend and it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten.

Went to the Sun King in Feb....it was great!!

ENJOY!!

We will be on the Freedom in November. I am so excited. I dont really much care about all the ships decor etc, i know I will just be excited about being on the ship! I am interested in finding out port stuff. Little secrets that past guests have found. I have put my name on my roll call and will be checking the Ports of Call boards here probably closer to our departure.

We will be on the Freedom in November. I am so excited. I dont really much care about all the ships decor etc, i know I will just be excited about being on the ship! I am interested in finding out port stuff. Little secrets that past guests have found. I have put my name on my roll call and will be checking the Ports of Call boards here probably closer to our departure.

Couldn't have said it better myself about the decor. Let's face it, a cruise isn't like being at home (YAY :o) and the ocean is an alien environment anyway, so why shouldn't the decor take us away from the ordinary too? Joe Farcus takes an idea and free associates with it, and the result is a Carnival ship - and if the decor ranges from cool to hallucinogenic, well, it's all done in good humor and the execution can be pretty amazing, look close and you'll see the quality of the craftsmanship. I've always enjoyed it.

You didn't say which itinerary you're sailing, but if you're on the 8 day one and headed for Cozumel, the one must-see there (I think) is Tulum for the Mayan ruins and the fantastic views of the Caribbean - there's a great beach there too.

People get to wrapped up about decor!! We were on the Freedom in January and I really didn't notice the decor. You must really be looking hard to find worms in the celing:D We had a great time on this ship. Sure there were things that bother some but most of the time everyone enjoyed themeselves!! Have Fun!!!!

We were on the Freedom in the Med this past October. DH loved the Fish and Chips and I enjoyed the variety of dining options. The Seaside Theater, was nice, but not as good as MUTS on Princess, IMO.

I'll be celebrating my 50th Birthday on the Freedom Aug. 23,2009 cruise. So far there are four couples going so I plan to have a 6 day party. 8 if I count the 2 days in FLL before we get on the ship.

Do what I do - celebrate the entire month of your birthday - you'll have a 3-week buildup of little treats for yourself, followed by the cruise and then a couple more days to enjoy it all over again.

Bon voyage!!

I'll be celebrating my 50th Birthday on the Freedom Aug. 23,2009 cruise. So far there are four couples going so I plan to have a 6 day party. 8 if I count the 2 days in FLL before we get on the ship.

Good for you...,congrats!!! Have a great time!!;)

We're going in Nov too.

Switching over from Norwegian and giving Carnival a tryout.

Archived