For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Great post, when I was on the AOS, I loved her.:D

Barbara - firstly, I have to say that I love reading your posts :)

This thread was needed. There are far too many AOS freaked out people that could potentially miss out on a fantastic cruise, and I don't want that to happen. I remember reading of someone that actually cancelled their cruise because of what they "read" on the boards....I thought that was a real shame.

Hopefully anyone who has concerns about the ship will rest a little easier now :o

We are booked on AOS 7/20 and some reviews lately have had me worried. This is only our 2nd cruise. The first was in Hawaii with NCL. We absolutly loved it. I had read bad reviews with it too but we had a wonderful time. Sometimes I think more people write reviews to complain more than to praise. I just try to take that into consideration. We loved the freestyle dining and thats definitely something we'll miss but my husband has finally given in to wearing a suit instead of his Hawaiian shirts so thats a battle won. Anyway I will have a great time I know. Meeting new people and having new experiences is why we go.

OMG!!! I'm sitting here laughing out loud.....and I am by myself in the room!!!:eek:

I was in hysterics the other day on the other thread where you were talking about your boss seeing you in a bathing suit and worse you seeing him. I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my face and of course that is when my daughter and her friend decide to return home. They were giving me some strange looks.

Robyn,

Do you know if AOS rents DECT phones? We had them on Mariner :) , but Explorer didn't have them :(

Jen, I don't know - was wondering the same thing myself :confused:

We always bring along our own walkie talkies and they have always worked fine for us. We give one to our DD to take to Adventure Ocean and she just pages us when she wants to leave.

I can find out for sure when I cruise next month.....

I was in hysterics the other day on the other thread where you were talking about your boss seeing you in a bathing suit and worse you seeing him. I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my face and of course that is when my daughter and her friend decide to return home. They were giving me some strange looks.

That WAS pretty hysterical, wasn't it :p I'm laughing again now just thinking about it!!!

I bought a new bathing suit today - you can be darn sure he won't be seeing it anytime soon!:D

That WAS pretty hysterical, wasn't it :p I'm laughing again now just thinking about it!!!

I bought a new bathing suit today - you can be darn sure he won't be seeing it anytime soon!:D

You found a bathing suit in Jan in Toronto? I'm impressed.

You found a bathing suit in Jan in Toronto? I'm impressed.

Yah, I'm pretty impressed too! :rolleyes:

Most of the stores have at least one rack devoted to "cruise wear" - and they also have the prices to prove it's January in Toronto! :eek:

I usually buy most of my bathing suits on landsend.com, but I didn't see anything I like this time around and was forced to shop locally....

Let me jump on the bandwagon for AOS! I love this ship and its crew!

As you can see by my signature, I am going for the 3rd time this April and I can't wait. I'm sure that people had problems, but when given lemons, make lemonade.

If I remember right, Robyn's first leg on her last B2B on the AOS wasn't perfect. She had problems with her cabin. Yet, look! She is the best cheerleader for the AOS...

I like going out of San Juan. Fort Lauderdale was a nightmare when I was on the Jewel. I will never fly out same day as debarkation again if I go out of FLL. It would be worth every penny to stay an extra day as the airport was a zoo!

Keep the good thoughts coming....

Jen

Let me jump on the bandwagon for AOS! I love this ship and its crew!

As you can see by my signature, I am going for the 3rd time this April and I can't wait. I'm sure that people had problems, but when given lemons, make lemonade.

If I remember right, Robyn's first leg on her last B2B on the AOS wasn't perfect. She had problems with her cabin. Yet, look! She is the best cheerleader for the AOS...

I like going out of San Juan. Fort Lauderdale was a nightmare when I was on the Jewel. I will never fly out same day as debarkation again if I go out of FLL. It would be worth every penny to stay an extra day as the airport was a zoo!

Keep the good thoughts coming....

Jen

Hey Jen :)

You're right.....a few little issues with our cabin last year. I have to give huge kudos to the Guest Relations staff, as well as the Guest Relations Manager at the time (Fernando Jorges, who I still keep in touch with!) for making things right.

Like I said - great ship, great crew!

Sue, in January they bring out the summer stuff, and in July the winter coats come out!:rolleyes:

Actually that sounds just like here. I was at the store the other day and all the winter stuff was on the clearance racks and they were putting the summer stuff out. And I am sitting here knitting gloves for my daughter because there were none left in the stores that she liked.

Thanks for starting this thread. We're booked for a sailing in August on her and seeing some of the threads that have popped up in the past have made me wonder whether we made the right choice, but we decided to continue on since the experience of others is an individual experience and doesn't necessarily reflect how things will be for us.

We sailed on the Liberty of the Seas this past summer, and I'm looking forward to being on another cruise with similar amenities. We were talking about our past cruise experiences on several different ships, and we all agreed that Royal Caribbean's Royal Promenade is one of the top features that we've really come to love, and I'm thrilled that we'll be able to enjoy that again in just seven months! I wish I could do Flowrider again, though. :)

I do wonder how the cruise experiences might vary during the different seasons. We're going in late summer, so we'll still be dealing with families and many more kids than in off-season sailings, but since we have our own (then) 11 and 15 year old boys, that what we're looking for.

I think this thread is long overdue.

Each week I see at least 2-3 posts regarding the Adventure of the Seas, people who have booked and are now afraid they made a mistake - and people who have yet to book, that may not ever book because of what they read on here.

As many of you know, I have cruised on the AOS 3 times and have had wonderful cruise vacations on all 3. I am sailing again next month on my 2nd B2B on the AOS and I am eagerly anticipating another fantastic cruise! :)

Here are a few commonly asked questions about the AOS:

Q: Does the AOS have a large amount of Puerto Ricans sailing on her for most cruises?

A: Yes, there are Puerto Rican's on cruises out of San Juan. It is their home port and I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Q: Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English?

A: Yes they are. Is it an issue? No.

Q: Are Puerto Ricans rude and rowdy?

A: No more rude and rowdy than other passengers I have seen on other ships and other itineraries. Puerto Ricans are a lively bunch :)

Q: Is the AOS a sick ship, or more prone to Noro than other ships?

A: No. The AOS has as much chance of a noro outbreak as any other ship in the RCI fleet.

Q: I have booked the AOS and after reading negative reviews, I want to cancel - what should I do?

A: You can cancel you cruise if you want, but you will be missing out on a fantastic cruise on a great ship sailing on a wonderful itinerary!

I do understand that some people have had negative experiences on the AOS - but the same can be said for any other ship. There will always be people cutting in line, pushing elevator buttons, chair hogging and the list goes on......unfortunately, some people like to leave their manners at home :(

My experiences have been terrific on the AOS and I would encourage anyone to sail on her and see for themselves what a great ship she is!!

Yes....I am an AOS cheerleader, and proud of it!!!

I like what you say about the AOS and Puerto Ricans on this ship, If I can say one small thing to the people who complain about this.

The people you are complaining about (the Puerto Ricans) are United States citizens, Puerto Rico is part of the United states. They have the same rights as ever other US citizen (with the execption of voting for the president).

So If you complain about Puerto Ricans, take a good look at yourself.

This is our 12th cruise on RCI first time going to sail on AOS & looking forward to it. I am glad to see that this post got started & all of the great comments. We also convinced another couple to join us in Aug especially when we got airfare for 308.20 on AA out of JFK.

I like what you say about the AOS and Puerto Ricans on this ship, If I can say one small thing to the people who complain about this.

The people you are complaining about (the Puerto Ricans) are United States citizens, Puerto Rico is part of the United states. They have the same rights as ever other US citizen (with the execption of voting for the president).

So If you complain about Puerto Ricans, take a good look at yourself.

Bob - I just sort of chuckle when I read someone asking if there are Puerto Ricans on the ship! Kinda like asking if there are Floridians who sail out of Florida :rolleyes:

Robyn -- great post! We are booked for our second time on AOS and couldn't agree with you more. Our first time was August 2005 and our experience was so positive that we've booked again for this April. Can't wait! Thanks for keeping everything in prespective :D

We are sailing the AOS on 3/23 and I don't think we have ever been so

excited about a cruise! We're going down on Good Friday to explore

San Juan and see all things we didn't get to last year. The airfare is a

killer. Glad we booked last June when the prices were lower!

Robyn, you should do a live report on your B2B like Radio does.

Robyn -- great post! We are booked for our second time on AOS and couldn't agree with you more. Our first time was August 2004 and our experience was so positive that we've booked again for this April. Can't wait! Thanks for keeping everything in prespective :D

DH and I sailed AOS out of San Juan a few years ago. We didn't have any other issues then one normally has sailing with a couple of thousand people. AOS is a beautiful ship with a wonderful itinerary! I'm a Carnival fan by far - but you cannot beat the ships of RCCL! I would not hesitate to sail AOS again but in a couple of weeks DH and I will be on Serenade out of...you guessed it - San Juan!

Robyn, you should do a live report on your B2B like Radio does.

I have been thinking about it :rolleyes: I asked Radio yesterday about the internet connection, and whether or not it makes sense to bring my laptop. I would love to do a live report, but I don't want to get frustrated if the connection is so slow I can't post as often as I would like to - and I don't want the folks on CC to get frustrated waiting for my posts!!!

Archived