For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Robyn -- great post! We are booked for our second time on AOS and couldn't agree with you more. Our first time was August 2005 and our experience was so positive that we've booked again for this April. Can't wait! Thanks for keeping everything in prespective :D

Hi Melissa - Glad you like this thread :) I felt it was time to explain a few things about the AOS, and to put future AOS cruisers minds at ease!!

DH and I sailed AOS out of San Juan a few years ago. We didn't have any other issues then one normally has sailing with a couple of thousand people. AOS is a beautiful ship with a wonderful itinerary! I'm a Carnival fan by far - but you cannot beat the ships of RCCL! I would not hesitate to sail AOS again but in a couple of weeks DH and I will be on Serenade out of...you guessed it - San Juan!

Have a fantastic cruise!!! :D

My DH and I are on the AOS on Jan. 27th and can't wait. We have never been on the vogager class ship before. I too was getting worried about everything you read here. We actually met a wonderful PR couple 2 years ago on the SOS. We have kept in touch and they are picking us up from the airport and showing us around for 3 days before the cruise. They want to look after all our transportation needs. We are also flying out of BUF, TOR was just unbelieveable. They wanted almost $1200 from TOR pp and I paid $726 for 2. Its worth the drive to BUF!!!

I have to admit - I am one of those that is nervous about this upcoming trip. :o We are going in with a positive attitude and hopefully all will be well. As far as people mentioning that there are Puerto Ricans on board, that doesn't bother me but the posts about the rowdiness, rudeness, no rules enforced does. This is only my 2nd cruise (other was Navigator) and I never saw negative posts about that cruise prior to or saw anything like what some of the posts of AOS say. THAT is what has me nervous. If it was one or two posts, I would just brush it off but there are a lot here.

Also, as far as saying you can't get upset because Puerto Ricans are citizens too doesn't justify if there is truly bad behavior on a ship. I have seen posts about other cruises posted here talking about horrible kids, rude people, rowdiness etc... and everyone else chimes in (oh that is too bad, I have seen that too, I hate when that happens..) but when someone here does post a negative remark about AOS, I see certain people flame the poster about PR and they are American too....:rolleyes: No one here should bash people or their cruise for no good reasons but posters shouldn't have to walk on eggshells about leaving a bad post about a cruise leaving from Puerto Rico - for fear of getting the "they are U.S. citizens too" flame.

I know MANY people that avoid Jersey week in Disney World like the plague and if you go over to Disney websites people bash it like no tomorrow. I am originally from New Jersey and this doesn't upset me nor do I care if the majority of the people think Jersey people are obnoxious and make sure to NOT vacation that week. So citizens or no citizens, some people are not happy with large groups of "the same kind" especially when they are not like them. I am sure Puerto Ricans feel the same way on vacation and I am sure many of us are rude to them.

Like, I said - I will be going in with an open mind and am looking forward to it and at least the negative reviews have put certain expectations in check. I love seeing all the positive posts here though! :) I am off in 2 months, just paid my final payment last week!

Thanks for letting me vent

Hi, Robyn-

Thanks for starting this thread. We had planned to go on AOS last year, but were going with a group and some of them were so concerned we switched to JOS. We have recently booked the Aruba route for Nov. and I'm excited to finally go!

Where do you stay in SJ and do you know anything about cabin 9624?

I've started a roll call thread and there are only 2 of us, so far!

Hi, Robyn-

Thanks for starting this thread. We had planned to go on AOS last year, but were going with a group and some of them were so concerned we switched to JOS. We have recently booked the Aruba route for Nov. and I'm excited to finally go!

Where do you stay in SJ and do you know anything about cabin 9624?

I've started a roll call thread and there are only 2 of us, so far!

Glad you have decided to go ahead and book the AOS - you will have a wonderful time :)

I have stayed at the Intercontinental, Courtyard Marriott Isle Verde, and the Marriott Stellaris. All of these hotels are great, but the Stellaris is our favorite.

Funny thing - I just booked 9324 on the Mariner for November :p I know it is a JS on the edge of the hump, so the location is terrific - close to elevators!

Hi. I forgot to mention I booked aft 7688. I hear its a great balcony! It is a surprise for DH.

Wow - what a great surprise!!!!

I saw 7388 on the Mariner in November and it has a spectacular balcony!

Enjoy! :)

Thank you for helping me feel better.

I know you can't make everybody happy, but the reviews just seemed so negative. Maybe more people will post some positive ones to outweigh the negative.

Really glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruises on AOS. Our fear was that we would be greatly disappointed after loving our last cruise with RCCL on the Navigator.

can you post a link to the reviews? i cant seem to find much info using the search function. all i seem to find is general questions about the ship.

can you post a link to the reviews? i cant seem to find much info using the search function. all i seem to find is general questions about the ship.

Mike - Not sure what the titles of those threads are? There have been several over the past few months.....

My DH and I are on the AOS on Jan. 27th and can't wait. We have never been on the vogager class ship before. I too was getting worried about everything you read here. We actually met a wonderful PR couple 2 years ago on the SOS. We have kept in touch and they are picking us up from the airport and showing us around for 3 days before the cruise. They want to look after all our transportation needs. We are also flying out of BUF, TOR was just unbelieveable. They wanted almost $1200 from TOR pp and I paid $726 for 2. Its worth the drive to BUF!!!

Thats a lot for the airfare. I just booked my flights out of Boston for my cruise on 2/3. I paid $215 per person.

Wow - what a great surprise!!!!

I saw 7388 on the Mariner in November and it has a spectacular balcony!

Enjoy! :)

We just booked 7388 B2B on AOS. We were very excited about the balcony too! Do you guys know what the cabin itself is like? Is it smaller than the other cabins or a different configuration?

DH and I are looking at this cruise for September of this year. I have been to Aruba before and love it there so the Southern route is very appealing to me. And, on our cruise last year we were in San Juan and really liked it there. I hope we decide to do it.

Next Sailing: Mariner of the Seas~May 11,2008

I think this thread is long overdue.

Each week I see at least 2-3 posts regarding the Adventure of the Seas, people who have booked and are now afraid they made a mistake - and people who have yet to book, that may not ever book because of what they read on here.

As many of you know, I have cruised on the AOS 3 times and have had wonderful cruise vacations on all 3. I am sailing again next month on my 2nd B2B on the AOS and I am eagerly anticipating another fantastic cruise! :)

Here are a few commonly asked questions about the AOS:

Q: Does the AOS have a large amount of Puerto Ricans sailing on her for most cruises?

A: Yes, there are Puerto Rican's on cruises out of San Juan. It is their home port and I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Q: Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English?

A: Yes they are. Is it an issue? No.

Q: Are Puerto Ricans rude and rowdy?

A: No more rude and rowdy than other passengers I have seen on other ships and other itineraries. Puerto Ricans are a lively bunch :)

Q: Is the AOS a sick ship, or more prone to Noro than other ships?

A: No. The AOS has as much chance of a noro outbreak as any other ship in the RCI fleet.

Q: I have booked the AOS and after reading negative reviews, I want to cancel - what should I do?

A: You can cancel you cruise if you want, but you will be missing out on a fantastic cruise on a great ship sailing on a wonderful itinerary!

I do understand that some people have had negative experiences on the AOS - but the same can be said for any other ship. There will always be people cutting in line, pushing elevator buttons, chair hogging and the list goes on......unfortunately, some people like to leave their manners at home :(

My experiences have been terrific on the AOS and I would encourage anyone to sail on her and see for themselves what a great ship she is!!

Yes....I am an AOS cheerleader, and proud of it!!!

Very well stated! AOS is a wonderful ship and San Juan is a great port to sail out of. We enjoy spending time in San Juan pre-cruise too. The people there are very friendly and fun. We're leaving San Juan on the Serenade this Saturday. I still love the AOS, but we wanted to try a Radiance Class ship this time.

We just booked 7388 B2B on AOS. We were very excited about the balcony too! Do you guys know what the cabin itself is like? Is it smaller than the other cabins or a different configuration?

I can't say for sure how it compares to other cabins in it's category - but I did notice that this cabin is pretty small :o The balcony is huge, so it more than makes up for it!!!

Very well stated! AOS is a wonderful ship and San Juan is a great port to sail out of. We enjoy spending time in San Juan pre-cruise too. The people there are very friendly and fun. We're leaving San Juan on the Serenade this Saturday. I still love the AOS, but we wanted to try a Radiance Class ship this time.

We really enjoy our pre-cruise stays in San Juan too! :)

Leaving this weekend?? Have a fantastic cruise!!!

I have been on the Radiance twice and thought this class of ship is simply beautiful with lots of glass, including glass elevators which are pretty cool when you are going down and the ocean is going by :rolleyes:

We also love the Adventure but are traveling on the Mariner this year. We thought we would save some money flying from Toronto to Orlando over San Juan but really the difference was small. I like departing out of San Juan because when you get off the plane, you are already in the heat of the Caribbean. We're wondering about traveling out of Port Canaveral as it might be cooler on the first and last days. I won't consider Buffalo in the winter but this weekend I booked fall flights from Buffalo to San Diego at $1000 less than two tickets out of Toronto, they're not direct flights but that's $1000 I save for the next cruise.

em

We also love the Adventure but are traveling on the Mariner this year. We thought we would save some money flying from Toronto to Orlando over San Juan but really the difference was small. I like departing out of San Juan because when you get off the plane, you are already in the heat of the Caribbean. We're wondering about traveling out of Port Canaveral as it might be cooler on the first and last days. I won't consider Buffalo in the winter but this weekend I booked fall flights from Buffalo to San Diego at $1000 less than two tickets out of Toronto, they're not direct flights but that's $1000 I save for the next cruise.

em

I sailed on the Mariner in November, and my airfare (West Jet) was $515 return. I know that Air Canada has direct flights to San Juan, and if you book early enough - you can reserve for as little as $694 pp which isn't half bad considering the fare to Orlando :rolleyes:

You're right about the weather and sailing out of San Juan, because when you land in San Juan, you are already in the Caribbean heat which is one of the many reasons we love the AOS cruise so much!

Have fun on the Mariner - she is a great ship, one of the cleanest I have seen yet!

ckrobyn - Thanks for your positive review of the ship. I've been on AOS and going again....in two weeks. YAHOOOOOO:)

Hi Debde.....I see you'll be on AOS 1/27 too. HAVE FUN...I know I will.

Have a fantastic cruise!!! I still have 40 more sleeps until I board!! :)

ckrobyn - Thanks for your positive review of the ship. I've been on AOS and going again....in two weeks. YAHOOOOOO:)

Hi Debde.....I see you'll be on AOS 1/27 too. HAVE FUN...I know I will.

Have a fantastic cruise!!! I still have 40 more sleeps until I board!! :)

I'll throw in my 2 cents. I did my first cruise ever on Adventure of the Seas. In fact, my husband and I got married on that ship. We decided to cruise RCI after my extended family did a cruise on AOS and had a blast. Since they had such a good time we picked AOS as the ship for our wedding/honeymoon and we didnt regret it one bit. The staff was fantastic and took very good care of us for our big day and my entire family had an amazing time on the cruise.

We were not disappointed by the ship, the crew or the passengers. The ONLY negative experience we had with passengers involved a bunch of bratty kids who cut the line for Johnny Rockets one day (when the restaurant was moments away from opening for the day) and banged on the glass, ordering the people who worked there to open up and let them in. The kids were American. Its inevitable on pretty much any vacation that you are going to run into people who are like that though. I dont think race/nationality makes a difference there.

Archived