For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

We always stay at the Marriott Stellaris - but I have heard the Caribe Hilton is also very nice. Comments?

We have done the Caribe Hilton a few times - like that it is closer to OSJ so shorter cab ride and same for the pier. Not too much within walking distance, but we like to go to OSJ anyways.

Hotel rooms are very nice, and nice beach/pool etc areas. Starbucks, Mortons Steak, choices at hotel.

Going to Condado Conrad San Juan Plaza this time (Dec). Have stayred there before for business and found it to be good as well, with a few good restaurants walkable distance.

bobj

Hi

Booked our very first B2B :p on Adventure.

Anything we need to know, any tips ?

We are staying in GS but have to change cabin after our first leg, and both the GS we are having (1264 and 1284) are connected to the next cabin with a door. Any issues with noice etc ?

Grateful for any information and tips .

Sheri

Sheri, you will love the AOS!

There shouldn't be any issues switching cabins on turnaround day. Just let your cabin attendant, and the one for the other cabin know that you are changing cabins, that way the new cabin can be made up for you first and you can move right in :D

I have had connecting cabins a few times and never had a problem. I suspect the door is the same width as the wall - so I can't see why noise would be a concern in a connecting vs. a non-connecting?

You will enjoy your GS - we have sailed in them many times. We got a great deal on the OS for February, for both weeks :) Both of these cabin types enjoy some very nice perks - one of which is reserved pool side seating which is great on a sea day!

We have done the Caribe Hilton a few times - like that it is closer to OSJ so shorter cab ride and same for the pier. Not too much within walking distance, but we like to go to OSJ anyways.

Hotel rooms are very nice, and nice beach/pool etc areas. Starbucks, Mortons Steak, choices at hotel.

Going to Condado Conrad San Juan Plaza this time (Dec). Have stayred there before for business and found it to be good as well, with a few good restaurants walkable distance.

bobj

Thanks for the info bobj.

My folks stayed at the Conrad a few years ago - very interesting place :) It's quite modern with a lot of neon.....if I recall correctly?

Sheri, you will love the AOS!

There shouldn't be any issues switching cabins on turnaround day. Just let your cabin attendant, and the one for the other cabin know that you are changing cabins, that way the new cabin can be made up for you first and you can move right in :D

I have had connecting cabins a few times and never had a problem. I suspect the door is the same width as the wall - so I can't see why noise would be a concern in a connecting vs. a non-connecting?

You will enjoy your GS - we have sailed in them many times. We got a great deal on the OS for February, for both weeks :) Both of these cabin types enjoy some very nice perks - one of which is reserved pool side seating which is great on a sea day!

And I look forward to reserved seating on the pool deck:p Not having to walk aroud for "hours" looking for an empty lounge chair:)

Sheri

Wow, I just looked for flights to San Juan. What a cluster ****. American no longer has ANY non stop flights from either Boston or Hartford and flying down the same day as the cruise is just about impossible. And while the cost to get there is not bad the cost of flights home is cazy!!!!

The gateway to the best itineraries is becoming harder and harder to get to.:(

Wow, I just looked for flights to San Juan. What a cluster ****. American no longer has ANY non stop flights from either Boston or Hartford and flying down the same day as the cruise is just about impossible. And while the cost to get there is not bad the cost of flights home is cazy!!!!

We are flying AA out of Toronto - staying over in Miami. We used to always fly Air Canada on the Saturday before the cruise, but now there are no direct flights :( Either we fly the day of - which is not an option considering we live in a snow capital - or we go a few days ahead and stop over somewhere like Miami.

I thought there were lots of direct flight options to SJU from the states?:rolleyes:

Wow, do I have some catching up to do!!! Going on AOS in April 2013...so that will give me something to do after the PCD after getting off Allure in about a month.;)

We're on the Allure & Adventure cruises with Sunebeach (copy cat!:p), and I subscribed to this thread when we booked last year, so I'm more caught up. Glad to see the renewed activity as we're getting closer.

We LOVE San Juan (at least OSJ where we've visited as port stops, and the Adventures' sister, the Explorer.

The Ritz is nice. Last time we had booked the Marriott but they were over booked so they sent us to the Ritz and comped our room and cab fare and dinner. Hard to go back after you have stayed at the Ritz. I think that was Marriotts intent all along. Kind of like after your first balcony you never go back inside.:)

Nice upgrade!!! I love the Ritz!!! Did you like the restaurants? I really like BLT and Il Mulino!!!!

Best news for AoS is the new menus are being introduced on November 18th sailing..... which I'm on!!! Watch out for my blog and food pics!! :D :p :)

Looking forward to your blog!!! We are sailing on the Adventure for NYE!! Make sure to come back to this thread before your cruise!!:)

Hi.

One more question....

Is it true or false that the balcony for GS is larger than the Owner Suite ?

Sheri

Yes, on this ship and several others of the Voyager class (but not all) the Owners Suite bedroom juts out into the balcony space to provide a sitting area. So the OS balcony is listed at 90 sq ft, and the GS balcony is listed at 100 sq ft.

bobj

There are some pretty great videos on You Tube that are virtual tours of Owners Suites, I watched them yesterday with anticipation!!! The balcony is smaller than a GS, but the space inside the suite more than makes up for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi we are booked on Adventure to the canaries in October we have been given an inside stateroom on deck 10 , we have never been this high before will it be very rocky? are these rooms quiet or can you here noise from the pool deck and bar above?

I have always stayed on deck 10 and noise has never been an issue. The pool deck and Windjammer are above, but I have never heard any noise.

As for whether or not you will feel rocky seas on deck 10? If the sea is rocky you will feel it regardless of where you are....having said that, if seasickness is a real concern, I would be be booking a stateroom on a lower deck mid-ship.

Hello everyone!!

Right now Abel Jeney is the Adventure's CD. On another thread says that she is suppose to be there until November. Does anyone know who is going to be the CD after her? Will like to know who's going to be our CD in December.

ckrobyn: We also love the Adventure's Owners Suites. I now that the balcony is smaller, but is a great room. ;) That's what we booked for our NYE cruise!!!

We booked flights for Feb. 10, '12 on United from Newark for our 7th AOS from San Juan and I miss American as it provided real competition to United and more recently Jet Blue. Jet Blue is cheaper than United, but the time of day departures are out of sync. We were lucky as we grabbed a $417 per flight on United--It was there one minute and disappeared the next. I believe the fare on direct flight from Newark Airport is averaging $700+. What a bummer.:o

We booked flights for Feb. 10, '12 on United from Newark for our 7th AOS from San Juan and I miss American as it provided real competition to United and more recently Jet Blue. Jet Blue is cheaper than United, but the time of day departures are out of sync. We were lucky as we grabbed a $417 per flight on United--It was there one minute and disappeared the next. I believe the fare on direct flight from Newark Airport is averaging $700+. What a bummer.:o

I am hoping that Southwest will finish the acquisition of Air Tran and start flying to San Juan SOON. That may help the situation. Unless things improve I will keep my reservation for an 8 night eastern Caribbean cruise on Independence instead of going back to the southern Caribbean on Adventure.

I am hoping that Southwest will finish the acquisition of Air Tran and start flying to San Juan SOON. That may help the situation. Unless things improve I will keep my reservation for an 8 night eastern Caribbean cruise on Independence instead of going back to the southern Caribbean on Adventure.

I think you should switch to the Adventure so I can finally meet you! :p

Hi there,

I've been on AoS..... but just read something I've not come across before on the Rccl Deck Plan. Seven Hearts up on deck 14 by the Viking Crown Lounge. It states : Sit outside, take in the ocean view and enjoy a light meal or simply a snack, in one of our most popular venues, where fun is offered up along with good food.

Does anyone have a menu or pic of the venue?

Hello everyone,

We have booked a family cruise on December 9th out of San Juan on AOS

It will be myself(40) and my wife(34), 2 kids(2 and 7) and my parents.

Previously my wife and I sailed the Oasis and we fell in love with Royal Caribbean.

Oasis was magnificent and it was JUST before Allure was born so it was the largest ship at the time.

Anything different to expect on this cruise? Anyone else cruise with younger kids before? I know my 7 year old is going to have a blast

Any tips for me would be appreciated.

Archived