For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Hi Robin, we are also on the 2/24/08, sailing of the AOS. We requested a table for two when we made our reservation in July. When we made our final payment Royal Cariibean noted our request but said we were currently assigned a large table. They also stated we would not know until we cruise if we will be assigned a table for two. Is this normal ? Is there a way to get a table for two the first day of the cruise? Thanks for your help.

Hi Robin, we are also on the 2/24/08, sailing of the AOS. We requested a table for two when we made our reservation in July. When we made our final payment Royal Cariibean noted our request but said we were currently assigned a large table. They also stated we would not know until we cruise if we will be assigned a table for two. Is this normal ? Is there a way to get a table for two the first day of the cruise? Thanks for your help.

Hi Mark&christa :) Nice to be sailing with you!!!!

You need to go to the dining room you have been assigned as soon as the Maitre D is there to assist passengers with their table assignments. From memory, I believe he/she will be there at around 4pm to deal with passenger dining issues. They are very accomodating - so I am sure if the possibility exists for a table for 2, they will try and make it happen.

We dealt with the Maitre D on the 2nd week of our B2B and basically got to choose the table we wanted for the 2nd week ;) Of course this was before the 2nd cruise even started. Having said that - if the same Maitre D is still on the AOS, he is great and will try to give you the dining arrangement you want. The key is to find out when they will open the dining room on the first day to speak with the Maitre D - and be the FIRST one's there!!!!!!

Good Luck :) See you in 39 days!

I was ordering uniforms for my employees today, and came across this:

44541.jpg

Isn't this the shirt the waiters wear in the Windjammer??? :rolleyes:

Lots of folks ask if they are available for sale on the ship, and they aren't....but they are available on cintas.com :D

I was ordering uniforms for my employees today, and came across this:

44541.jpg

Isn't this the shirt the waiters wear in the Windjammer??? :rolleyes:

Lots of folks ask if they are available for sale on the ship, and they aren't....but they are available on cintas.com :D

there was just a thread about this the other day, maybe last week. They do look exactly like them. What kind of company do you have?

there was just a thread about this the other day, maybe last week. They do look exactly like them. What kind of company do you have?

I didn't see the other thread.....

I am the General Manager of a 132 suite luxury retirement residence. I have 7 Department Managers and 48 staff. We have 2 dining rooms, a housekeeping, maintenance, Marketing and sales and a Nursing department - so I have lots of people in uniforms every day :)

I didn't see the other thread.....

I am the General Manager of a 132 suite luxury retirement residence. I have 7 Department Managers and 48 staff. We have 2 dining rooms, a housekeeping, maintenance, Marketing and sales and a Nursing department - so I have lots of people in uniforms every day :)

You should definitely order them then when you look at your staff you will feel like you are on a cruise:D

As a New Jersey-ite, I heard similar complaints when we sailed out of Bayonne(NJ)- "too many coarse New Yorkers and New Jersey folks". There are always those who complain. I look forward to meeting others with different backgrounds when I sail- it makes life a lot more interesting

Hello!

We just returned from the Carnival Freedom and are looking to book another cruise for the fall, Oct-Nov.

We are considering either the NCL Jewel repo cruise from NYC which ends up in MIA or the AOS from San Juan. Main reason: we want to do the Dutch islands. Visited Aruba on the Destiny and L-O-V-E-D it.

Questions:

About airfare - has anyone booked through RCCL? They're advertising a $649 rate from Montréal. If you fly in from Canada, do they bring you in the day before? When we sailed on the Destiny, we were a large group and flights were independently booked by the travel agent for the day before; we stayed at the Sheraton.

We usually book a balcony, but are thinking doing a mid to upper floor inside this time. Any thoughts?

Are the beds comfortable? The Carnival beds are awesome.

Any other info would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone who has recently cruised the AOS know if they have RCCL's version of the "amazing race" - we just got off the Freedom in Dec and they had the "Ultimate New Balance Race" - so much fun!! We are thinking of booking this cruise and wondered if it was offered. Thanks for any info.

Hello!

We just returned from the Carnival Freedom and are looking to book another cruise for the fall, Oct-Nov.

We are considering either the NCL Jewel repo cruise from NYC which ends up in MIA or the AOS from San Juan. Main reason: we want to do the Dutch islands. Visited Aruba on the Destiny and L-O-V-E-D it.

Questions:

About airfare - has anyone booked through RCCL? They're advertising a $649 rate from Montréal. If you fly in from Canada, do they bring you in the day before? When we sailed on the Destiny, we were a large group and flights were independently booked by the travel agent for the day before; we stayed at the Sheraton.

We usually book a balcony, but are thinking doing a mid to upper floor inside this time. Any thoughts?

Are the beds comfortable? The Carnival beds are awesome.

Any other info would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bobby -

I have never booked air through RCI. I believe if you want to arrive the day before you need to book "custom air"? hopefully someone who knows about RCI air will come on here and give you an accurate answer!

The AOS has the new RCI beds/bedding (I was actually on the ship the day they did the turnover last March) so to answer your question, yes - the beds are now very comfortable although there are many that will say the old beds were ok too!

If you can swing it financially - I would go for a balcony cabin. The views from the ship when she is in port are great and you can capture the moment from your balcony. I am biased though - I have never sailed in anything other than a balcony :o This is a very port intesive itinerary, so if you are going to be out of the cabin all the time - maybe it does make sense to book something on the inside?? Either way, just make sure you book the AOS - you will have a great cruise! This itinerary is fantastic!

mchin - If you take a cab to Mullet Bay, you can count on it taking about 20-25 minutes depending on traffic, and whether the bridge leading over there is up or down! If it is up, it can sometimes take another 15-20 minutes depending on what needs to pass through :rolleyes:

The taxi ride to Palm Beach was about 10-15mins - just make sure you arrange with the driver to pick you up again! We didn't do this last year and waited a LONG time for a taxi to pass by....we were getting a bit worried!

CKRobyn -- Thanks for your reply. I like the idea of asking the taxi driver to return and pick us up at a predetermined time. We don't plan on spending more than 2 or 3 hours at the beach. Need to make sure my three year old stays on some schedule. Are there any time restrictions as to when you can access the beaches? For example, the beaches open at 8:00 a.m. or 9:00 a.m.?

CKRobyn -- Thanks for your reply. I like the idea of asking the taxi driver to return and pick us up at a predetermined time. We don't plan on spending more than 2 or 3 hours at the beach. Need to make sure my three year old stays on some schedule. Are there any time restrictions as to when you can access the beaches? For example, the beaches open at 8:00 a.m. or 9:00 a.m.?

Both Palm Beach and Mullet Bay Beach are public, so you can access them at any time. If you arrived between 8-9 am you will be fine....AND you will have your choice of "spot" on the beach as it won't be all that crowded! Also, make sure you take your taxi driver's business card....just in case he is not on time :rolleyes: So far we haven't had any issues with return trips, but ya never know!!!

I just looked through my pictures trying to find on in the Windjammer but I have none with staff in it to verify. But I am pretty certain that is it.

Yip that is it.:D

I have a pic of a crew member in WJ (with Henry) taken on NV in Sept and he has that shirt on...the crew member not Henry :p

Yip that is it.:D

I have a pic of a crew member in WJ (with Henry) taken on NV in Sept and he has that shirt on...the crew member not Henry :p

Liz - I hear passengers asking about where they can buy the shirts the Windjammer waiters wear....and they are always told that they are not for sale....but now we know differently:rolleyes: Maybe I should order half a dozen and start my own business while onboard???? :D LOL!

Liz - I hear passengers asking about where they can buy the shirts the Windjammer waiters wear....and they are always told that they are not for sale....but now we know differently:rolleyes: Maybe I should order half a dozen and start my own business while onboard???? :D LOL!

Robyn,

I am an ebay seller, buy a bunch and we will put them up, we can be business partners. :D

Robyn

Solarium-totally non smoking or does that also have a smoking section?

And

How totally crazy is pool area on sea days? AOS is the largest ship for me since sailing with RC. Larger ship-more folks! Just wondering are there enough spots to find a chair for sun and I usually don't like to be right on top of the pools so out of the way is fine with me. Any insight on good spots.

I'm also thinking RC needs to hire you as the AOS ambassador!:D And for sure-after this vacation-I'm letting you know where we're off to and when!:)

Hey guys-don't forget-you always have e-bay for your new fashion line!! ;)

Great minds...and all that!;) All the solariums are smoke free.

Ah now here's the thing...I thought all solariums were smoke free but on the NV on the Med in Sept,there was a smoking area (dont know my port from starboard) but it was near the door out to the Peek-A-Boo Bridge.

Now I cant remember ever seeing smoking being allowed in that area before...maybe it was a Europe thing...hey they had tea and coffee specially set up on the Promenade to stop the Brits from complaining they couldnt get tea anywhere :rolleyes: so maybe smoking in solarium was another way of stopping the complaints :confused:

Archived