Mediterranea, advice please.

BobS.

Hi all, my wife and I are going on our first Costa cuise on the Mediterranea next week. I was wondering what past Costa and or Mediterranea passengers look forward to onboard a Costa cruise.

What is your favorite thing or activity to do?

Thank you. Bob

My families fav. activity was the theme nights all week especially the Roman Bacchanal Toga night.....where bedsheets become togas and Caesar rules!! We did participate and get dressed up. The evening show was a hoot! It is definitely MORE fun if you get into the spirit of things.:D

We enjoyed Italian night as well with activities all day: bocce ball, Italian cooking demos, pizza dough tossing, tarantella lessons, venetian mask making and an Italian Concerto. We dressed in Red, White and Green....the colors of the Italian flag.

Hi Bob,

Are you on the Jan 19 sailing ? We are too. We're part of the Concerts at Sea program so we have a lot of activities scheduled that are only for Concerts at Sea passengers. We went on the same cruise last year and had a ball. Definitely do the togas on Friday night, lots of fun. The ship is beautiful, very clean. We have a Panorama Suite, tons of room and love the balcony. We didn't attend any of the ship's shows last year because we had our own concert schedule but I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Thanks for the resposes.

We are booked on 1-19 onboard the Mediterrania.

Sounds like the toga party and Itallian nite are going to be fun.

Looking forward to a relaxing week and maybe my firsrt toga party.

Thanks again. Bob

Bob--Take some time to look thru the threads on this board for information on Costa and the Med. You'll find lots of info if you look.

I would say one of my favorite things was all of the opportunities to learn new dances --at the pool and in the lounges. Although I didn't take part on my Med cruise last month, I'm definitely going to do it on the Fortuna in March. I missed out because I was a little shy, but not this time!

Best ballroom dancing of any budget cruise line. Crab legs and lamb were big hits. Not being nagged to death about tipping, buying drink cards, and buying Jewelry and Duty Free garbage was nice too (aka Royal Caribbean). Watching the Europeans was fun too. Unlike some other reports, we experience zero European rudeness and only a few rude Americans. Tip: Use basic words when asked questions by staff and point at menu items as well when possible. Give them some credit, the staff have to know 5 languages and most know 6. English, Italian, German, French, Spanish, and Philipeano. Remember, they are a budget cruise line, its $600 for 7 days, not $1600.

Zenworks911

Best ballroom dancing of any budget cruise line. Crab legs and lamb were big hits. Not being nagged to death about tipping, buying drink cards, and buying Jewelry and Duty Free garbage was nice too (aka Royal Caribbean). Watching the Europeans was fun too. Unlike some other reports, we experience zero European rudeness and only a few rude Americans. Tip: Use basic words when asked questions by staff and point at menu items as well when possible. Give them some credit, the staff have to know 5 languages and most know 6. English, Italian, German, French, Spanish, and Philipeano. Remember, they are a budget cruise line, its $600 for 7 days, not $1600.

Zenworks911

You hit the the nail right on the head - a cruiser after my own heart.

One question with regards to the ballroom dancing, in which lounge were the crab legs dancing?:D

Ron

Almost forgot about the coffee. With only one or two exceptions, it was very consistent and very good. Bold but not bitter.

The Casanova Lounge was where the Crab Legs were going to town, right after 8:15 Bingo.:rolleyes: If you are late you might miss it.

Archived