Crown Bay

W8tn2sail

On our last visit to St. Thomas (Dec. 06), much to our dismay, Ryndam docked at Crown Bay instead of Havensight Mall. We're planning another HAL cruise with St Thomas as a port. Is Crown Bay the dock for HAL this season?

If so, it's going to be a deal breaker.

We were at Crown Bay last week on the Zuiderdam. I believe HAL has a contract for Crown Bay and more than likely you will be there. Others are more knowledgeable than I on this subject.

There was a woman on our cruise last week who was virtually yelling at the front desk clerk about how disappointed she was that we were not at Havensight. Personally, I don't see how what amounts to a $4 cab ride is that big a deal, but to each his own I guess.

HAL and Princess have a 10 year agreement to use Crown Bay. Costa uses it as well but I am not sure they were part of the original agreement. Certainly not as easy to walk downtown and much less pier side shopping; but a deal breaker?? So be it. We spend most of the day downtown and Megans Bay beach. To each their own. We like Celebrity too.

I'm glad to know it is a contract, so whenever HAL goes to STT you know where you'll be docked.

Um, not necessarily. Last January when I was there on the Noordam Crown Bay was filled, Havensite was filled. There was a ship anchored in the outer harbor, and the Noordam was anchored in the inner harbor.

So, there's no guarantee.

Once in a great while an HAL ship will still go to Havensight but even if there is an empty dock, don't count on it.

When we were in ST Thomas November, there was only one ship at Havensight, WindSpirit was at Crown Bay and no ships at anchor.

Maasdam docked at Crown Bay. :(

Archived