Questions about post-cruise in Beijing

Dortmunder

Hi everybody,

Our cruise next year will end in Beijing. The post-cruise options from Princess are not for us, so we are looking for some independent arrangements. We are looking for a hotel and tour package for about four nights. Has anyone done this? With which company or travel service did you book?

I have found some interesting offers on the TravelChinaGuide and SinoHotelGuide web sites. Can someone recommend these web sites or other ones.

Any input would be more than welcome.

Thanks.

I would suggest you contact CITS (China International Travel Service) which is the largest travel company in China (its owned by the Chinese government). This is the same company used by most of the cruise lines (we recently had them on a Princess cruises tour) and they have tremendous resources. All the guides on our 9 day tour spoke excellent English and were all college graduate professional guides. They do have a web site at http://www.cits.com. Our main guide (Jason) told us that his company can arrange any kind of tour from budget to high class. Good luck.

Hank

Hi

I am going on the next cruise after you 'Beijing to Osaka' in April 2005. We are doing a 4-day post cruise option with Tour East Holidays. I noticed you are Canadian and they are a Toronto based tour company and consolidator specializing in the Far East. They have many offices across Canada. They really specialize in China but they arrange for all countries from Southeast Asia to Japan. I e-mailed them and gave them an idea of what I was interested in and a ball park budget. They replied, and we were very happy with what they have arranged. I'm sure they can give you everything you want in Beijing, even Xian and Guilin. In fact the lady I am dealing with(Wanda from the Toronto Head Office) is from Xian. http://www.toureast.ca

• 2 weeks later...

Sure you can use Toureast. or you can just go to your local Chinatown or on yellowpage look for chinese tour agent. They usually get a better price and also you can talk the person face to face. I just book a four days three nights tour for $412 CAD. include 4 star hotel and all 3 meals a days except the frist day.

Archived