Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

I am going on a New Years cruise with my parents, sister (20, toothpick thin) and her BF, and my BF (also thin as heck) and I.

I am going start a diet on Monday (i am going out of town for the Mexican holiday this weekend, so i can't start this weekend) and wondered if anyone wanted to start and set a Holiday goal with me?

I am planning on cutting calories and increasing exercise, no tricks or anything, doing it the old fashion way, more water less soda. I did this a few summers back and lost 18 lbs and kept it off! I am hoping to make it down to about 135 (23-24 lbs, I am 5'8). It is hard the first couple weeks, but then your stomach shrinks and it is easy. I did it with a friend last time which made it easy. Any takers? or advise? Thanks and good luck in your diet endeavors as well.

I'm part of the DEW Challenge and that is running till January 6th if your interested. I'm doing the 6 week body makeover plan and have a lot more to lose than you (but I also have till June) but I make sure I drink at least 100 ounces of water a day and walk 2.5 miles and in just a week I'm noticing major changes. If you'd like to keep in touch feel free to e-mail me lizzytish2002@hotmail.com

~Lisa

My cruise is in April, 2005. I started weight watchers in June with 30 pounds to loose. I lost a total of 14 pounds then gave it up. I have since gained about 10 of it back. I would like to diet again but can't seem to get back on the right track. I'm willing to be your diet buddy and hopefully get down to 110 or 115.

MiamiN:

Good for you...go for it. In the meantime, here's a little recipe for a sweet craving:

1 cup low fat riccota cheese

sprinkle unsweetened cocoa powder over it

add 1 pack sweet & low

blend all together with a spoon and savor the taste :)

Hi Nicole !

I'll give it a shot. My cruise isn't until February 12th, 2005 and I have at least 20 pounds to lose ! It's pretty scary that I put all of that weight on in the first place! Anyways I'm 5'2" and would love to get to 130. I'll never be as thin as I probably should be but I have lost 12 pounds since last year the "old fashioned" way! I need to be a bit stricter and get back into an excercise routine and cut out the icecream! I've also started to cut out the soda and the drink I was having with my husband after the kids went to bed. I miss it because it was a nice time that we could relax and talk but we've both switched to herbal tea..

When should we do a weigh in?

I look forward to having a "buddy"! Thanks for starting this thread.

Jen

Jen & Nicole can I join to?

I am also 5' 2" and would like too get down to 130 pounds. I actually started my plan 2 months ago and have lost 15 lbs. so far. With a cruise coming up, I have to keep my senses and not lose sight of my ultimate goal.

3X Cruiser !

The more the merrier! I was waiting for Nicole to respond but I guess I will! When would you like to do a weigh in ? Should be post our results every week or just if we lost:D /gained:eek: / stayed the same:o ? I'm willing to post my actual weigh ( it makes me that more responsible!) but understand if no one else wants to!

Anyways, I think my mother in law has the best line for our "extra" weight! She says that we're not overweight just too short for our weight! If I was 5'6" or so I'd be looking pretty good!!! Oh well !

Good luck,

Jennifer

Jennifer

Okay, let's do it. Weigh-ins will be Sunday mornings. And you can give your reported weigh-in (or results) any time on Sunday to your convenience. Our report should included what we think is the reason we lost, or gained, or stayed the same. There should be no response of. "I don't know why." We are smart enough to know the answer. Right!

The weigh-in buddy should respond to the report with helpful ideas (if needed) without being judgemental.....agreed.

I also agree to share any recipe which will prove helpful. BTW: I am not a size 3x. 3x means I will be taking my 3rd. cruise. At present, I am a size 12.

If you feel temptation coming on, feel free to e-mail me at: 2Regina@optonline.net and I will do everything to keep you on the right track.

Your weigh-in partner,

Regina

:) Hi everyone, I would like to join your challenge if that is ok??? We are cruising Feb. 26,2005. I started Weight Watchers a week ago and have lost 7 lbs so far. I want to lose about 30 /35 lbs. I have been on weight watchers before and lost but fell off the wagon so to speak. I am looking into joining curves tommorrow. Not sure if I can do it since I have a bad arm that I can't straighten out all the way (broke it last summer:eek: ) but it is worth a try since exercise is my weakest area. This will be our first cruise, really excited. Sorry to ramble on. I will check in later. Lani:)

Lani

Welcome aboard!

Weigh-in reports as you read earlier post is on Sunday. Honor system is extremely important. Looking forward toward your report as well on Sunday. I think we will all be able to help each other with this endeavor.

Regina

ps. Just a suggestion: It might be a wise idea to check with your doctor before attending the exercise program you mentioned taking in consideration the limitation of your arm.

Alright! We have a group!

Sundays should work out pretty good - it'll also keep me on track a little more as the weekends I tend to eat like my husband! Snacks with a movie and just richer food in general. Regina- I know what you mean about "knowing" why we gained ect. It always makes me do a double take when someone is munching on a bag of chips and says I just don't know why I can't get this weight off!! I don't mean for that to come off as mean or harsh but I have a cousin who's 6 year old daughter is extremely overweight, the child is 90 pounds. They let the poor kid eat everything, all day long and then say that they just don't understand why she's a little chunky. We are all very worried about the childs health as she has put all of it on in 3 years. She was a normal weight toddler and infant.

Anyways.... I didn't do so hot yesterday because there is icecream in the house. I have been ok with resisting most things but icecream.......

I'm going to put it into the deep freezer in the garage. At least I'll have to work a little harder to get it!

Lani- What ship/ line are you sailing on ? This will be my 4th cruise in February. I absolutely love cruising! I've cruise mainly with Carnival but last November went on the Norwegian Sun. It was nice but geared toward a mellower crowd. I've heard great things about Weight Watchers & Curves. I'm sure with all of that you'll reach your ideal weight!!

Jen

Hi Jen, we are going on the Royal Carribean Cruiseline, Voyager of the Seas. heard it is nice. I work with a couple of other nurses that have traveled with them and they are very happy with them, so we thought we would give it a try.

I thought I could use the extra help losing weight and exercise is not my strong suit. Once I get started I am ok but it is the getting started that gets me;) We go back tomorrow for weigh in and measurements:eek: Can't wait for that!!!!:rolleyes: Well I will catch ya all later, got to finish cleaning since today is my only day off for another 4:( . Lani

I am going on a New Years cruise with my parents, sister (20, toothpick thin) and her BF, and my BF (also thin as heck) and I.

I am going start a diet on Monday (i am going out of town for the Mexican holiday this weekend, so i can't start this weekend) and wondered if anyone wanted to start and set a Holiday goal with me?

I am planning on cutting calories and increasing exercise, no tricks or anything, doing it the old fashion way, more water less soda. I did this a few summers back and lost 18 lbs and kept it off! I am hoping to make it down to about 135 (23-24 lbs, I am 5'8). It is hard the first couple weeks, but then your stomach shrinks and it is easy. I did it with a friend last time which made it easy. Any takers? or advise? Thanks and good luck in your diet endeavors as well.

HI MiamiNicole,

Would you like another member? Cruising Feb 5th and have 30+lbs to lose. I am doing Atkins, started back on it this Mon. I am also going to Curves 4-5 times a week. I was on Atkins last Spring and lost 17lbs so I know it works. Will wait to hear from you all

Hi Ladies

See the post above? Mariam is watching us all now, so we have to be REAL good...Thanks Mariam :)

Remember all: the official weigh-in report will be this Sunday. So this mini-report I'm filling you in on doesn't count yet.

*Something to keep in mind: Don't get discouraged when that once a month craving for salt or chocolate or whatever has it's way with you. You all know what I'm talking about. You will temporarily gain at that time, but....as long as you recognize what is happening, you will drop that monthly gain quickly by immediately returning to your "controlable" status once again. I will admit I did experience a 1 pound gain due to this and I strongly feel by this weekend, I will have lost this "temporary gain" plus more. My plan: drink more water, less salt on my food, and walk the dog a little longer....he'll be happy for that :)

Cmem: Just a helpful suggestion; throw the ice-cream out or give it to a neighbor....I know it will be painful initially, but once it is off the premise, you'll feel better about it. I gave the most delectible ice-cream to my daughter's boyfriend....and it wasn't easy to do, but...."I am soooooo worth it".......repeat that ladies....I am soooooo worth it!

Regina

Hi all

I would like to join your group. I am going on a cruise Feb 5/05 and would

like to lose at least 20 pounds before I go. I know it would be very helpful

if I have the support of others. Just knowing that I have to report a lose or god forbid a gain will help keep me on track. Good luck everyone.

Joanne

Welcome Joanne!

Have you started a diet plan yet? If not, we won't hold you to this Sunday's weigh-in. Tell us what your plan involves. Everyone here has their own specific thing going in regards to losing and sharing is very important. For instance: I'm doing a 1200 calorie diet. If I go 50 calories over, it's no big deal as long as I stay close to the number. I have two past herniated disc, so only mild stretching exercise is good for me and some walking.

Do you plan to incorporate exercise in your plan?

Everyone: Don't forget to share a recipe if you have a good one. My next post will include one for you all.

Regina

Hi 3Xcruiser

I will weigh in on Sunday. I started to watch what I eat about 3 weeks ago.

I have lost about 4 pounds so far. I'm doing it the old fashion way. Eating

3 or 4 meals a day. I'm trying to eat foods that are good for you. Staying

away from french fries, pizza etc.... I've been very busy with work and a

sick father so I have not had time to exercise yet. I am looking into joining

curves with a friend of mine. Next week I am going to start walking with my

husband and the dogs. I hope once I start to excercise I will lose the weight

a little faster. Also I'm not big on drinking water so I have force myself to start drinking at least four glasses a day. Thanks for letting me join the group.

Joanne

I'll join you! I would like to lose 10-20 pounds by December 18th! 135 would be fabulous! 125 would be a MIRACLE! I'm gonna shoot for a miracle!

Here's my plan:

WATER!!!!

Walking

Cottage Cheese and salads and when I'm bored....Lean Cuisine's! (I don't have high blood pressure!)

Here's hoping! :rolleyes:

Welcome Kelly!

Ladies, your plans sound quite reasonable, but remember we will all be hitting plateaus (sp?) on occasion, so please don't allow them to discourage you. It won't mean that you are not losing, it just means your weight will be shifting before the loss occurs again. Also, remember....losing the weight too fast is not in your best interest in the long run. Initially, you will lose fast....that's okay, but as you all proceed, losing more than 2 pounds a week would be considered unhealthy. So, be patient with your programs.

Regina

ps. MiamiNicole...where are you? See what you have started :)

Archived