Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

Jodi, You made it back! You are trying so hard and you will succeed. You are so worth it you know. Now, re: eating out and it not counting.....why do you think it doesn't count??? I used to think that way until I realized, it does count. My weight validates that fact. So here's what I do now when I eat out: I fill up on a large ice-tea with sweet & low & lemon slice , then eat a large salad up before the main dish arrives. I order a fish or chicken dish. By the time I leave the restaurant, I am so stuffed and yet I know I ate wisely. The idea is to trick your body. You have been allowing your mind to trick you for so long, it has become a life-style for you. Try it just once. I assure you, you will walk away feeling like you just conquered and the next time will even be easier for you. As far as dessert, don't even order it. It's taboo and besides, you won't have room for it anyway. You will have to take baby steps to untrain your way of thinking when eating out, but it is possible if you work at it.

Jen: Weighing in the AM gives the true weight and if you need to weigh yourself more than once a week to stay on track, then by all means you should continue.

Ann: Welcome aboard! Do you have an exercise plan?

Melody: Will you be joining us?

Hello All!!!
I'm at 147! Not horrible....not great! 10 pounds by December 18th! 10 pounds would be FABULOUS!!!! 20 Would be SPECTACULAR!!! We'll see!

I don't think I overall lost! I lost 1 pound and then gained it back! I'll have to self-reflect on that this week!

Today....I'm a WATERHOLIC!!!!!
Thanks for missing me! I'm sorry I missed the weigh-in! I'll be better this next week!
Hugs!
Kelly
:)

Kelly! Glad you made it back! You're still doing good from what I read. Your analysis is pretty good I think. You'll get to your goal weight. Stick with us.

Ladies: Looks like all but one made it back to the nest, but....it appears we have had two new members join us. Hope we all make it back for the 2nd. weigh in.

I'll be checking in daily and in the meantime be strong and stay determined cause we are all worth it.

Your weigh in buddy,
Regina

Glad to hear from you Kelly! A big welcome to Ann & Melody!

Regina, your letter from the fat fairy sure does hit home! I've stayed around 150 for months and months now!! It seems like everytime I finally break the mark and jump down to 148 I do the happy dance and by the end of the day I "reward" myself. All I am really doing is sabatoging my weight:mad: ! This time I refuse to do it! It really just isn't worth that bowl of icecream , handful or 3 of chips or cookies! They've been banished from the house!

A couple of things that work for me~
My arsenic hour seems to be from 3pm-5pm. I just want to snack, snack, snack. Graze would probably be more like what I used to do! One thing that I have found to help is to have fruit and veggies already cut up so that I grab them instead of the "bad" stuff.

Generally I love to cook & I try to cook our dinners from the recipes on my ediets plan but there are nights I am too tired or just can not bring myself to prepare a meal. It was all of the chopping of veggies...Before I would reach for the quick stuff, frozen pizzas, or make taco's or nacho's. To help me not give in to the high calorie and fat alternatives, now I cut up enough onions and green peppers for two or three meals. I put them in zipper sandwich bags and just measure out what I need. I also make enough tossed salad for two nights. Oh ya! I also prepare my recipe so that I have leftovers for a lunch or two! I do childcare and the typical toddler food is a killer for a diet! If I have something that I can just throw in the microwave I am less tempted to pick at their lunch. This would also work for those of you who work out of the home. just grab your leftover and have a healthy lunch instead of going out!

I hope that some of these things that have worked for me can help some of you gals out to!

Jen

Hi,
Jen thanks for the good ideas. Sounds like you are really trying. I was doing great but my bad time is the evening. I eat what I should all day and then come 9pm... Oh well, back to the basics today. One day at a time. Thank heavens for Curves. I do seem to be losing inche. I am envious of anyone under 200 lbs! I feel my goal of 180 by Feb is impossible. Guess I am a little down today. I think Regina's Fat Fairy is here talking in my ear. Hey Regina! Can you please round up that darn fairy and keep her home. LOL! Gotta go. Hope everyone else has a great day!
Jodie

Hey Gals....I slipped just a little today and you know why? Cause I WASN'T PREPARED!!!!
I had a doctors appointment at lunch time and the visit took my entire lunch period. I had just enough time to make it back to work without being late. Well, wouldn't you know that Fat Fairy was just waiting for me to get weak. By 3PM I was starving and I went for a "small" piece of chocolate cake offered to me. No excuses...I was stupid by not preparing in advance and allowed myself to be vulnerable....not smart at all. The only saving grace was I know I didn't go over my calorie budget for the day cause it's all I ate for lunch. At any rate, I will be sure to plan in advance next time. Hey, lesson learned!

Jen: Smart what you are doing. I think I will copy your style.

Jodie: Try not to be depressed. Just keep visualizing that 180 number. Say it, write it, picture in your mind...you can almost taste it. Kick that Fat Fairy in the butt! She's not your friend....everyone on this board is your friend and we are all cheering for you. Write as much as you need to keep those hands away from the fridge and grocery closet. Before you know it, you will be another day closer to your goal when this day is over. Think of it that way.

Regina

[size=7]I LOVE YOU GUYS! [/size][size=4]You are ALL writing what I say to myself all the time! And here...I thought I was alone! I am going to see it, smell it, taste it, touch it.....that weight I've been grasping for since college (oh man! was that really 20 years ago?) [/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]Thank you for what you write! :o [/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]Kelly[/size]

This will sound crazy...but it's not. We have all had weight problems for a long time because we have allowed input of "negative" messages. We can reverse it with practice. It is time to train ourselves with positive messages. This is my suggestion:

When no one is around (cause they will think you are one clown short of a circus), talk out loud to your fat and tell it the following:

You have made me unhappy for way too long and it is time for you to go.

I will not allow you to deprive me the joy of wearing those stylish clothes I have longed to wear.

I am not afraid to lose you because you were never my friend.

You may have won past battles, but you will not win what I am declaring now....and that is WAR! That's right fat...it's War on you! And I will be the victor!

Regina

This is going to help me soooooo much! I have to weigh tomorrow morning for my beginning weight. I have been to afraid to look at the "number". I will weigh on Sunday mornings. It really helps get me through the weekend when I weigh on Sunday. Always remember...................If it tastes bad, it's good for you. If it takes good, SPIT IT OUT! :] Have a great week. PJ

PJ....Sunday was picked for weigh in for that very reason.....to help everyone be strong on the weekends. Never be afraid of the enemy. To show the enemy fear is to leave room for them to win. So my friend, when you look at that number tomorrow...know it is the enemy and think to yourself....your days are numbered. He he he...that was a little pun on words :) but you get the drift. See ya for Sunday weigh in.

Regina

Good night all you thinnies-to- be,
I'm going to dream some calories away now.

I am such a busy person during the day.. work out at 7am, teach all day, supermarket, cleaning, plus I live in Mexico City, the most chaotic and traffic filled city in the world. I get home at 8-9 pm and I just want to watch American TV and eat American snacks (with my Mexican boyfriend, haha). It is now 11 and I signed on here just to get some support, I do not want to grap those chips from the kitchen!! Thanks for the inspiration, you guys are great!!!!!
Nicole

Now 5'8 158
Goal 5'8 138
No snacks, no exercise

P.S. This is even more difficult for me b/c I quite smoking 2 months ago (munchies are still bad!)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=purple]Good[i] Morning Ladies, [/i][/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Regina you are right about the negative messages, it is sooooooooo easy to just say I can't do this after feeling you have failed because maybe you slipped and ate something you feel you shouldn't or too much one day. Been there and done that. Last night I ate a little too muvh after being sooooooo good at work,(didn't eat the pumpkin roll that was floating around work) but I did eat 2 helpings of supper. that' s why I like weight watchers they give you some wiggleing room with the points so really I just used a few of my flex points and exercise points. And they have these deserts that are really good for that sweet tooth:D Like carrot cake:p it kind of helps kick that far fairy in the butt!!!!![/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]I try to keep myself on track by picturing my goal which is to lose weight for the cruise, I have this bathing suit floating around my computer screen below my countdown clock:D I also have a picture of a dress on my fridge I would like to wear and one in my wallet for those times away from home when the food is all around me at the stores etc. Am I getting to anal??????????:confused: Curves is definately a big help too I am exercising at least 3-4 times a week now. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Nicole Congrats on the quit smoking!!!!!!!!!! Did you use the patch or pill or cold turkey???? However I know how hard that is I quit about 14 years ago. Have you ever tried those chips called skinny's??? They aren;t too bad. You are doing so well on your diet you are sooooooo close to that goal keep picturing you on that cruise at your goal weight. Reach for your goal not a chip???:) [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Kelly we have all been down this road too many times to count probably, We have all said the same things so we all know what discourages us. what we have that is going to help us this time is this group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are all going to reach our goals this time, we are all here for each other. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Jodie I agree about Curves, If inches off gets me to feel better in my clothes and look better, inches are good too. If I take pounds or inches off or both I will be happy. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]sorry if I rambled .Got to run, everyone have a great day. Lani[/color][/size][/font][/i]

Makes 8 servings 6 points each.

2cups cooked macaroni
2cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken (skinless/boneless)
2cups cream of mushroom soup, undialuted
2cups fatfree milk
8oz low-fat cheddar cheese, cut int small cubes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In large casserole combine all ingredients, mixing well
Bake, covered 35-45 min. Remove cover; bake 10-15 min. longer. Serve immediately
262 calories 12.7gm fat 0.6gm fiber
may use turkey instead of chicken
This is really YUMMY had it the other night!!!!:D

O.K. starting weight 159.5. Ugh! I am so glad I joined all of you. My lowest is 148, I'm 5'7". joined Weight Watchers September 2003. I lost 50 some pounds. What an inspiration it is to read all of your stories. I am working out of 4 part time jobs and into 1 part time job. Have been going crazy! What I was eating, was the last thing on my mind. Until now! :] I have about 2 more weeks of my rediculous schedule. Then Things will calm down, whew........I need to work on the exercise. I am parking as far away from the office as time allows and always take the stairs. Have a great day!

Ladies: I'm at work so I really can't write much now. So, I'll have to catch up later with you all.

Lani: I have already printed out the receipe to try either this week or next. Thanks for taking the time to type it out for everyone.

Gotta run now,
Regina

Good afternoon ladies! I am on lunch break, going back to work now! Had a salad with some cottage cheese and 2 turkey slices, trying to keep the carbs to a minimum!!! There is a big soccer game on tonight, let's hope my BF doesn't bring out the chips!! At least I hit the gym VERY hard this morning, kickboxing is great!! Take care and good luck to everyone today, I must take this one day and a time!
Nicole
P.S.
I quite smoking cold turkey, making loosing weight more difficult (but breathing in the gym much easier =)

Hi all,
Yesterday was a hard day but I actually stayed out of trouble. I bought some of those Atkins bars that are 2 carbs and that really helped last nite. I am back on track today, feeling good. Coming home from work last nite and reading all your posts does help. I really do feel like someone knows how I feel and cares. What a great feeling and so much positive energy.
Nicole, I admire your strength. Quitting smoking is a very hard thing to do. You are going thru alot of changes.
Lani, Keep up the Curves and thanks for the support too.
Regina, you are the best. I can always count on a kind word and advice.Your little slip was not too bad, maybe you should carry those low fat snack bars(Special K is a good one) in your pocketbook to help with the times you actually have to skip lunch. That is what I try to do and it does help. Your cruise is coming up soon. Where are you on LI? My son lives in Middle Island and I used to live in Queens.
Pj and all the rest, keep going, one day at a time. The Fat Fairy is Not our friend!
I am off to lunch. Wish me luck! Have a great day! 180 here I come!
Jodie

Lani

Guess what I did? I fixed your noodle casserole you mentioned earlier. Yummmmm...it was very good and my finicky eater of a daughter had two portions! Hubby was a little jealous cause he couldn't eat it after having dental surgery....Oh well, there is enough left over for him to have tomorrow. So, thanks again for the recipe. Oh yea....the only draw back was that it was sooooo filling. I think my stomach is shrinking :) I'm no longer used to that very full feeling after eating. :) BTW: that was a good ramble you had, so feel free to ramble anytime. That's what this board is for. Better to keep our hands on the keys rather than using them to put extra calories in our mouth. Right girls!

Nicole, is there anyway you can get rid of those chips from your house? Maybe your BF can be supportive and not eat them in front of you? What is his view about your diet? Your task of diet and quit smoking is certainly not an easy one. How long have you quit?

PJ, Very smart idea about the parking and the stairs. Keep those ideas coming. Actually, I noticed my weight slowly became a problem when I started driving a car. Maybe I'll start parking a block away from my job to increase my walking exercise.

C for C, I live in Levittown. I don't usually go to Queens, but I do have a few friends who live there. I like the idea of a snack bar with a cup of coffee. Great idea.

I feel like taking a walk. I am still feeling stuffed from dinner and I always feel better after walking. I can't pass up this nice night as there will be fewer when winter approaches. I think I will even take my Golden Retriever. I've proclaimed him my walking buddy :)

Hang in all.....Sunday will be here before you know it and I really want everyone to be smiling when they see that scale move in the downward position.

Regina

Hi all,
Well I made it thru the day and feel pretty good about myself!;) Lunch was chicken breast and low carb cole slaw, one of my favorites. I try to take my lunch to work so I am not tempted to go out or order in. I usually go to Curves on my lunch hour but today I gave blood so I am worn out. Did not go to Curves. I usually go 4/ 5 days a week. Only slip was at the bloodbank but they make you drink juice and then eat crackers and/or cookies afterwards. Note I say make you, the woman would not let me leave until I drank and ate. If I had been thinking I would have had a carb bar in my pocketbook. Will remember next time. No dinner as I am not really hungry, just lots of water and maybe an Atkins shake. I am trying to listen to my body, not my head (or the Fat fairy altho I think she is bugging someone else tonite and hopefully no one in our group.)
Nicole,MY DH is very supportive and hides his snacks. He very rarely eats them around me. Plus the TV and the computer are in separate parts of the house so If he is snacking I do not see it.
I am rambling a bit so I will say goodnite to you all.:)
Jodie

While taking my walk tonight. I gave alot of thought to the "Stuffed Feeling". Ya all know what I'm talking about. As I reflect back, I realize I used to think that "stuffed feeling" was my signal that I had enough to eat. It never dawned on me that it meant..."I had too much to eat." Yep, it is so true what they say about eating slowly. If you eat slowly, your digestive processes have sufficient time to get the message to your brain that you are no longer hungry. Thus, there is really no need to continue eating! You will find that you have more energy and you don't feel like taking a nap. That "stuffed feeling" only makes you sluggish and tired and you can't burn calories feeling like that. Be [u][color=black]concsiously aware[/color][/u] of when your hunger feeling disappears and then, just stop eating. Put the rest away in the fridge for another meal or toss it...depending what is left.

My own conclusion: My body is content with eating half the amount of food I used to eat at one meal. If I encounter that "stuffed feeling", I know I ate too fast and that feeling of being stuffed is no longer a feeling of contentment, but now, it is a feeling of discontentment.

The 3 C's = the 4th. C
[u]C[/u]akes, [u]C[/u]ookies, [u]C[/u]andies = [u]C[/u]alories

My message to the "Fat Fairy"........Ha! You didn't win today!

Regina

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]Good Morning all,[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Just having my coffe then off to Curves. I have to work tonight:( I usually take a Weight Watchers dinner and fatfree pudding or a lean cusine dinner. They help me keep my portion control under control:) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Regina I know what you mean by stuffed, now when I start to feel that way I stop eating whether I have food on my plate or not. Then I save it and if I feel hungry later I will eat it then since my points are already figured in for the day so I am not going over;) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Jodie my husband is the same way he will buy me low point snacks or eat his when I am not around. By the way when I made that casserole I used lo carb macaroni. Maybe you can eat that.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]well got to run, Have a great day all. Lani[/color][/size][/font]

Hi again everyone. I'm still stuck at 15 pound weight loss (on Atkins) for the last two weeks. I've been doing about 10 minutes of the Slim-In-Six exercise program and can notice some size difference, but no more pounds off. Maybe too much salt in my diet. Thanks for everyones support.
Ann

Archived