Liberty vs Triumph

smiles32617

I am pretty much the vacation planner for this girl’s cruise that a few friends and I are going on. We noticed that we could go on the Liberty or the Triumph, the Triumph for 1 hundred dollars less than the Liberty. Two of us have already been on the Triumph and would love to try a new ship. However, the other two do not care. My question is does the liberty REALLY have more benefits to pay an extra 100 dollars on? Is the big screen TV onboard worth it? Do bands still play on the Lido deck even though the TV is going? Thanks in advance! Any help would be great!:D

I say definately go for the Liberty. You won't believe the difference the next size class (and the fact it's like 7 or 8 years NEWER than the Triumph) will make. There are other things besides the movie screen that make the difference...there's a sushi bar, a fish & chips place to eat (2nd floor of the Lido buffet).

IMO, part of the fun is exploring a new ship. What ports are you looking at on the two?

Or...you could just come on our Glory sailing with us. Aundrea and Tad are coming along (with various family members). :D

Email me at kwelsh1176 (at) msn.com, will ya? Want to ask you something.

I say definately go for the Liberty. You won't believe the difference the next size class (and the fact it's like 7 or 8 years NEWER than the Triumph) will make. There are other things besides the movie screen that make the difference...there's a sushi bar, a fish & chips place to eat (2nd floor of the Lido buffet).

IMO, part of the fun is exploring a new ship. What ports are you looking at on the two?

Or...you could just come on our Glory sailing with us. Aundrea and Tad are coming along (with various family members). :D

MamaParrotHead!!!!!

Well Julie and I are wanting Eastern this time. So we decided to do the 4 stops instead of the 3.

The Itenerary is as follows for the Liberty: The Triumph goes to the same spots just different dates

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART SatSep6Miami, FL 4:00pmSunSep7Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 9:00am4:00pmMonSep8At SeaTueSep9St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00am6:00pmWedSep10San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00am3:30pmThuSep11Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands Noon7:00pmFriSep12At SeaSatSep13Miami, FL 8:00am

When and where are you going? Happy to hear from you! I'll have to tell Julie.:D

I've sailed on the Liberty twice and the Triumph once. Itinerary was the main reason for booking each ship; Costa Maya, Costa Rica & Panama on the Liberty; HMC, St Thomas, San Juan (in the daytime!), and Grand Turk. There is much to like about both ships and if all other things were equal, I'd go with the Liberty (if the itinerary works). Since there is a significant price differential (is that $100 per person?), I'd have to think about it. I think you would enjoy either ship; so, I guess it depends on how important that $200 is to you and your traveling companion.

MamaParrotHead, you really have DH and I wondering now.

We're currently booked on the Destiny out of San Juan, (because of all of the ports) but are REALLY tempted to sail the Liberty. (We love St. Thomas, and have wondered about Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay.)

SIGH! (Decisions, decisions.)

Go ahead. Sell me some more! LOL!

MamaParrotHead, you really have DH and I wondering now.

We're currently booked on the Destiny out of San Juan, (because of all of the ports) but are REALLY tempted to sail the Liberty. (We love St. Thomas, and have wondered about Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay.)

SIGH! (Decisions, decisions.)

Go ahead. Sell me some more! LOL!

Our 1st cruise was on the Valor, about 6 months after she entered service. So, it was the newest AND one of the biggest ships in the fleet. Then we sailed Triumph, who was 8 years old at the time, and although it didn't "ruin" my cruise, the differences were noticeable. Understandable, but noticeable. Our next cruise is on another Conquest ship, the Glory. I preferred it to the Destiny class.

For me, it isn't necessarily the class of the ship, but the AGE I will now look at (considering the turnaround is 3000 people every WEEK that use the ship) and the duration of time in port (also discovered that one last time around).

If you have any questions, Id be happy to help.

I was on the Triumph a few years ago, and I found it to be an o.k. ship. I noticed that some people seem to prefer the newer, larger ship, but I prefer the smaller ones. I like the fantasy class, because I like to sit in the back of the ship off the buffet and read and look at the sea. It could be that that was the first ship I sailed on, but I think that the smaller, older ships were built with the passenger comfort in the common areas in mind, instead of trying to cram as many cabins/balconies on a ship as possible. As for your question, I think you have to sail on all of them until you find the ship/class YOU like the best, than you can waste work time expressing your opinion on the site like me. :cool: I also like the advice to go on the ship that is going were you most want to go. You're a one time cruiser, you have alot of time/ships and places to explore. My best advice is to say "I don't care about the money, I'm going to do what I want to do" I fthat means you need to spend a hundred dollars more, that do it. It just means that you have to postpond your trip, what, a week or a month. Just do it, Baby.:D

Thanks everyone! I think I am deciding on the Liberty. I have looked at other threads and believe it looks amazing. And since I have already been on the triumph, it's time for something new. Your alls advice HELPED SO MUCH. and thanks for the email info mommaparrothead:)

Cindy

Well Cindy,

You have us all thinking now. We are booked, again, on the Triumph in Oct. We loved our first Triumph cruise so we booked the same cabin. Balcony, mid-ship, close to elevators and across from the ICE MACHINE.

What a way to go!!!!

Have fun and we will think about changing ships next time.

Alice N

I am pretty much the vacation planner for this girl’s cruise that a few friends and I are going on. We noticed that we could go on the Liberty or the Triumph, the Triumph for 1 hundred dollars less than the Liberty. Two of us have already been on the Triumph and would love to try a new ship. However, the other two do not care. My question is does the liberty REALLY have more benefits to pay an extra 100 dollars on? Is the big screen TV onboard worth it? Do bands still play on the Lido deck even though the TV is going? Thanks in advance! Any help would be great!:D

In September, there was rarely live music on the deck. The "band" consisted of two people who were not good. They only played a very short time. Most of the time, the movie screen was on with the CD Talk show and miscellaneous other things showing. I would not go just for the screen. I have not been on Triumph yet.

Aleece

Archived