NAME THE SHIPS Genisis

Just had on the news last week...The winner of the house in Tyler....Finally sold it for only 1.3...It is valued at over 2 million....And I am surprised he let it go so low..He really tried to keep it,but could not pay the tax/insurance/upkeep...The utility bill alone would kill ya.

He had wanted to make it a lodge(i had the same idea) but the neigborhood association rules would not allow it...

Can't wait to hear your review of the Voyager when you get back...

What is funny about this They already know the winning name of the ship, what they dont know is who is going to win. Back in the 1990 when the San Jose was awarded a expansion team in hockey in the NHL, The Gund Brothers who owned the team had a contest to pick a winning name of the team. I was having dinner with a friend who worked for the George Gund before the contest was even anounced had he told me the name of the team would be the sharks.

I would bet my last doller that RCI has a name or two picked out and just waiting for a entry to come in with the winning name.

I read somewhere on the rules site or on USA Today that in an interview Mr Goldstein said not to be consumed by the size of the ships, but the thrust of what they are trying to say about the ships, that they allow the cruiser to be creative in planning a cruise on a ship with endless opportunities....so I thought about creativity and came up with some really off the wall names. I wasn't going to divulge them until the contest is over, but what good would it do to be secretive when duplicates aren't being considered and I have already submitted them?:confused: So...don't laugh...here they are:

Serendipity of the Seas

Eureka of the Seas

ser·en·dip·i·ty thinsp.png

–noun 1.an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. 2.good fortune; luck: the serendipity of getting the first job she applied for.

eu·re·ka interjection 1.(initial capital letterthinsp.png) I have found (it): the reputed exclamation of Archimedes when, after long study, he discovered a method of detecting the amount of alloy mixed with the gold in the crown of the king of Syracuse. 2.(used as an exclamation of triumph at a discovery.)

You promised not to laugh:(

I read somewhere on the rules site or on USA Today that in an interview Mr Goldstein said not to be consumed by the size of the ships, but the thrust of what they are trying to say about the ships, that they allow the cruiser to be creative in planning a cruise on a ship with endless opportunities....so I thought about creativity and came up with some really off the wall names. I wasn't going to divulge them until the contest is over, but what good would it do to be secretive when duplicates aren't being considered and I have already submitted them?:confused: So...don't laugh...here they are:

Serendipity of the Seas

Eureka of the Seas

ser·en·dip·i·ty thinsp.png

–noun 1.an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. 2.good fortune; luck: the serendipity of getting the first job she applied for.

eu·re·ka interjection 1.(initial capital letterthinsp.png) I have found (it): the reputed exclamation of Archimedes when, after long study, he discovered a method of detecting the amount of alloy mixed with the gold in the crown of the king of Syracuse. 2.(used as an exclamation of triumph at a discovery.)

You promised not to laugh:(

At first they didn't roll off the tongue easily but as I kept repeating the two names I thought they sounded very nice. Eureka of the Seas and Serendipity of the Seas...just keep repeating. ;) No laughing here...

I would bet my last doller that RCI has a name or two picked out and just waiting for a entry to come in with the winning name.

I agree on this one that they have an idea for the name and might have one picked out. When they named Voyager and her sisters I could not make the connection to Eagle Class project... but after the first one was named Voyager I see the connection between all the rest.

The theme of the Ultra Voyager was freedom to do what you want on a ship and the other names followed but at the time none of us really knew what the theme was. That became apparent after details of the ship and photos became known. RCI execs know that the theme of the ship is and are looking for a name to reflect that. It is hard to choose a name when details are not really known. Just my opinion. So what I am saying you might a well select many names.

genesis meaning 'in the beginning' ' or birth' I interpet it as 'beginning of a whole new ship for cruising ' You would think that the word Genesis would lead you to the name of the ship but in my opinion it did not with Eagle Class and the names that followed.

Becci I am not laughing. If I could submit I would select Amazement of the Seas... I also looked up the meaning in the dictionary.:D

I am enjoying reading all the names.

i spent about a good 45 minutes bonding with a thesaurus, b/c i wanted to come up with 2 unique names no one would think of , but now since its all time stamped i'll share mine with you all

Aeon of the Seas

and

Aurora of the Seas

RCCL is not necessarily going to use the winning names.....

SPONSOR IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO USE IN ANY WAY ANY NAME SUGGESTION SUBMITTED IN THE CONTEST, REGARDLESS OF SELECTION AS A POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER. WINNING DOES NOT GUARANTEE USE OF A NAME SUGGESTION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NAME THE PROJECT GENESIS SHIPS IN ANY WAY, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE CONTEST.

And as far as winning HGTV dream home,I bet I'd have to sell it cuz i cant imagine how much the taxes and fees would be:eek:

I tried "quoting" some of the posts on page 3,but I am having troubles..........whenever i click on page 3, AOL shuts down on me.......same thing when I go thru IE....Not sure if that means a virus or not...:confused: ..the only way I could read page 3,is hit reply and then I can see old posts......

Do both submitted names have to be to their liking, or can you win if they like only one of your names?

Does anyone have an answer to my above question?

So far, I haven't seen any of my 4 submissions mentioned. :) Two of them, I really think are great, but they don't necessarily go together. The other two do, but one is kinda lame. :o

I am not ready to divulge the names yet, though.

I kept with the Genesis theme and entered Inception of the Sea, I am not sure what I put in for the other choice it was either Dawning of the Seas or Creation of the Seas it was a toss up, and not sure which one I put in.

So far, I haven't seen any of my 4 submissions mentioned. :) Two of them, I really think are great, but they don't necessarily go together. The other two do, but one is kinda lame. :o

The way I am reading it,it has to be both names......

Because they said not to focus too much on the size of the ships (and they already have many grandiose names such as Grandeur, Majesty, Monarch, etc.), I decided to enter some fun and different names:

Excitement of the Seas

Enjoyment of the Seas

Also, these are two words that are not used in the names of any other cruise ships.

I stick with

Genesis of the Seas

Creation of the Seas

:D

No name suggestions from me:(. Canadians not allowed to enter but I will help out with a name suggestion.... a good bet for the last 3 words in the name

'of the seas' :)

Hey Emmy -- maybe someone could temporarily adopt us so we and other Canucks can enter these contests too!

Enterprise of the Seas

Defiant of the Seas

Do both submitted names have to be to their liking, or can you win if they only like one of your names?

I think it depends on how you interpret the juding.. but it looks like the rules say the EACH name can earn up to 100 points, for a combined total of 200. Points are awarded as follows: up to 50 pts for suitability of name, up to 25 pts for creativity and up to 25 pts for originality...

sooo... to answer your question, I think it is possible to win if they only like one of your names, but it seems that if they like both of someone else's names you won't have enough points.

I'm with you on that! I love the names I submitted, but I get scared that there will be a hiccup with the system and my names won't show the right timestamp. :)

I guess you could just call me paranoid. lol

Archived