Tampa- snorkeling with manatees

Robrph

Has anyone done a trip in Tampa to the Crystal River to snorkel with the manatees? Saw this on several websites and it looks to be some experience. One thing I noted was that the temperature of the water is constantly around 70 degrees- seems cold, at least with other parts of Florida. Do you need to use wetsuits? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rob

Crystal River is a couple hours North of Tampa. You are probably swimming in one of the several fresh water springs whose water temp is around 72 degrees all year long. No info on swimming with the manatees though, sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please let me know the price etc. for your manatee swim. Did you have to scuba or can you snorkel?? Where/with what company will you do this?

We love manatees and hope to see some in the wild. Maybe in Belize on our cruise in Jan./05 or in Florida whenever we get there again(will not be able to do it in Jan./05 though). I am trying to find out as much info as possible re:sightings of manatees. Thank-you.

Archived