What to do the night before our cruise in Ft lauderdale on Feb 2nd

thesawch

Hello,I was wondering what is there to do in Ft. lauderdale the night before our cruise leaves.We will be there on a saturday Feb 2nd and the i DW and my 2 teenage DD are with me. .We get into town around 2;30 pm and need something to do saturday late afternoon and saturday night that will not put us in the poor house..maybe a good resturant idea would help also..Any sugestions will be much appreciated. thanks thesawch.

Hello,I was wondering what is there to do in Ft. lauderdale the night before our cruise leaves.We will be there on a saturday Feb 2nd and the i DW and my 2 teenage DD are with me. .We get into town around 2;30 pm and need something to do saturday late afternoon and saturday night that will not put us in the poor house..maybe a good resturant idea would help also..Any sugestions will be much appreciated. thanks thesawch.

Riverfront/Riverwalk.

http://riverfrontfl.com/

Las Olas Blvd (will put you close to the poor house but is nice to walk)

http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

Beach Place on A1A, and of course the beach and A1A with the world famous Elbow Room http://www.elboroom.com/ (this website also has webcams)

On Commercial Blvd and A1A you have the Aruba Cafe and several restaurants and bars (often on Friday nights they have a street fest).

http://www.arubabeachcafe.com

Or you can just hang out at Shooter's...

We usually head off to the Outback or Bubba Gumps the night before.

We're also there Feb.2nd before leaving on a B2B on the Jewel.:)

Bayside and go to the various shops and eat at Bubba Gumps too. Im sure your teenageers will like this area too as there are lots of other teens and all ages really. Its a pretty cool area, we like going there before our cruise if we leave from FLL or MIA.

Bayside is pretty far away and is right next to the port in miami, not fort lauderdale. I agree with FL_Cruiser. Go to Riverwalk or Las Olas. You can do both. Its a nice walk along the water from Riverwalk to Las Olas. Nice places to shop and eat and you will also see some nice boats and yachts on your walk from Riverwalk to Las Olas.

Bayside and go to the various shops and eat at Bubba Gumps too. Im sure your teenageers will like this area too as there are lots of other teens and all ages really. Its a pretty cool area, we like going there before our cruise if we leave from FLL or MIA.

The most fun we've ever had on any of our cruises' "night before" was our last cruise.

We had a GREAT rollcall group - - about 130 people that grew for almost a year, and a lot of them were coming in the day before. So, we planned ahead a got everyone together at one hotel and had an ENORMOUS POOL PARTY. We ended up with about 35 people at that party and got to know each other, had a blast, and made lasting friends, even before we boarded the next day.

Don't know what the temps will be in Ft. Laud for Feb, but maybe it won't be too cold.

HOpe This Helps.

Bayside is pretty far away and is right next to the port in miami, not fort lauderdale. I agree with FL_Cruiser. Go to Riverwalk or Las Olas. You can do both. Its a nice walk along the water from Riverwalk to Las Olas. Nice places to shop and eat and you will also see some nice boats and yachts on your walk from Riverwalk to Las Olas.

We usually rent a car so its a little easier then I guess.

Take a water taxi tour. $12 unlimited rides. Fun, fun! It goes from many points and will take you to Las Olas. Many famous residents along the way and the tour guide will point them out. ;)

http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

PS - Perhaps we will see you on the taxi. We will be in FT. L on the 2nd and the 3rd. Our cruise leaves the 4th. ;)

Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall is about 30 minutes west of Fort Lauderdale. You can shop around and then eat at one of the restaurants there for dinner.

Las Olas Blvd. is my favorite evening spot for shopping and dining. There is a Cheesecake Factory restaurant, so it doesn't have to be expensive. If it is nice out, you can have dinner at one of the many sidewalk cafes and watch the people. Most people wear jeans and nice tops.

Archived