Experiences with guarantee bookings

new_cruiser

I'm thinking of booking a guarantee on SeaDream. Looking at the deck plans, it seems pretty safe as the ship has cabins over cabins at the fore and public areas in the aft so there is less concern than on other ships about getting a noisy cabin under a lounge are or whatever. And it doesn't look like there are any oddly small cabins to worry about. However, deck plans aren't always totally accurate. Am I making a mistake?

I don't have a lot of cruising experiences. One Caribbean cruise on Celebrity and one river cruise through the Three Gorges of the Yangtze. This would be our first trip on an ocean-going smaller ship.

I'm thinking of booking a guarantee on SeaDream. Looking at the deck plans, it seems pretty safe as the ship has cabins over cabins at the fore and public areas in the aft so there is less concern than on other ships about getting a noisy cabin under a lounge are or whatever. And it doesn't look like there are any oddly small cabins to worry about. However, deck plans aren't always totally accurate. Am I making a mistake?

I don't have a lot of cruising experiences. One Caribbean cruise on Celebrity and one river cruise through the Three Gorges of the Yangtze. This would be our first trip on an ocean-going smaller ship.

Over the years, I've been in cabins on each of the 3 passenger decks. Except for the Owner's Suite, each cabin is virtually identical inside, with the one exception being that the cabins on deck 2 have portholes rather than large picture windows.

Regarding the noise situation, I can't recall having problems with noise or hearing from others who have had such problems.

We have a guarentee booked for December. We were actually suprised that they were even offered, considering, as the poster said above, how similar all the cabins seemed. All I'd suggest, though, is that if you need the guarentee (in our case, we couldn't have afforded the cruise otherwise) book it soon. The guarentee rate on our ship disappeared the same day we booked. And this was almost 6 months before the cruise. I'm suprised they offer such a good rate in the first place, and I'm guessing they don't provide too many cabins at that rate!

Archived