Iggies Beach Bar on Bolongo Bay St Thomas. Anyone go?

My family and I will be on our cruise in one more month. We thought in ST Thomas that we would go to Iggies beach bar, but there is no excursion through rccl. We were thinking about taking a taxi, but I always here how unsafe it is to take a taxi on an island, but I know many people do. Has anyone gone there and did u love it, hate it, or would not bother. It's either that or sitting on the ship and shopping in the little shops in port. Have been to St Thomas many times and have done everything else that we would want to do. Thought this time we would be a little different. Thanks for your thoughts!!

I heard it's only about 10 min away, but I'm not really sure. On the St. Thomas boards people said they have paid to get into the resort with a day pass. I only want to go to the beach bar for lunch and hang out on the beach so I don't know if I'd have to pay the day pass. If I do, I'll be looking for somewhere else. Go to iggiesbeachbar.com It looks like alot of fun.

We also will be cruising next month and St. Thomas is one of our ports. We have been there many times and not thrilled with shopping. We have always taking cabs and in fact found their drivers extremely friendly. We were thinking about the Screaming Eagle boat, but changed our minds to something more sadate and settle on the Pirate Duck Adventure (amphibious bus/boat. Enjoy your cruise.

My family and I will be on our cruise in one more month. We thought in ST Thomas that we would go to Iggies beach bar, but there is no excursion through rccl. We were thinking about taking a taxi, but I always here how unsafe it is to take a taxi on an island, but I know many people do. Has anyone gone there and did u love it, hate it, or would not bother. It's either that or sitting on the ship and shopping in the little shops in port. Have been to St Thomas many times and have done everything else that we would want to do. Thought this time we would be a little different. Thanks for your thoughts!!

Hello - I am on St. Thomas every other month or so for work, so I have a pretty good take on how to get around. It will take you about 15 minutes from Havensight to get to Bolongo. You should be able to visit the bar / restaurant with out a day pass. Taxis are safe - I take them all the time, unless I'm a passenger with a colleague, as I have not worked up the cajones to drive on the island yet! Do ask to see the rates when you get in the taxi - all the rates are set by the VI Taxi Commission. (I would estimate it would be $10 for the first person, $6 or so for the second person. Again, ask to see the rate sheet. As I don't normally go from Havensight to Bolongo I can't say for certain these are the rates.)

Iggie's is most fun at night, but good food and nice beach at Bolongo.

All the beaches on the island are public access per territory law, but yes, the resort amenities are only for resort guests. If you lay low, have your own towels, blend in you should be fine. (if my memory serves me correctly, Bolongo's towels are white) Sapphire is another nice beach alternative, though low on food options. My #1 choice would to grab a taxi to Red Hook and take the ferry to St. John. It will take you 20 minutes to get Red Hook, ferries run every hour and take 20 minutes. $5 each way/ adult. (you can also take a ferry from downtown, it's about even in time/price, there are about 12 -all good- restaurants and some small shops at Red Hook. If you had to be back on ship by 5pm, you would be fine getting the 3 pm ferry back from STJ>Red Hook.

Have a great trip!

Archived