Logo Item Question

mlanz

Wondering how many folks have taken advantage of the "one free logo item" from the fuel surcharge...if you're not aware individuals who had paid deposit for cruise before surcharge but before full payment are supposed to receive a free logo item....

My question is where/how do you get this onboard. What is the coolest thing/best bang for your buck item available.

Any problems redeeming etc. What did you get?

Thx

Mark

I doubt if the "free" logo item will be worth $80-$140 and it certainly is not free. I don't much believe it is a jesture of goodwill either.If you are recieving the logo item, your contract was changed and your price was increased. By accepting the logo item you are accepting consideration for the new contract and price increase. If you were to plan on joining any legal action down the road, you might want to consider this. If I had taken my cruise, I had planned on taking my "free" logo item to the purser's desk and demanding in writing that I did not accept it.I certainly dont think much will come out of a lawsuit (at least for the passengers)but I would loved to have seen the look on the Chief Purser's face !!!!

Now to stop the flaming--if you are fine with the fuel surcharges--enjoy your new keychain,picture frame,etc and have a great cruise.

I doubt if the "free" logo item will be worth $50-$70 and it certainly is not free. I don't much believe it is a jesture of goodwill either.If you are recieving the logo item, your contract was changed and your price was increased. By accepting the logo item you are accepting consideration for the new contract and price increase. If you were to plan on joining any legal action down the road, you might want to consider this. If I had taken my cruise, I had planned on taking my "free" logo item to the purser's desk and demanding in writing that I did not accept it.I certainly dont think much will come out of a lawsuit (at least for the passengers)but I would loved to have seen the look on the Chief Purser's face !!!!

Now to stop the flaming--if you are fine with the fuel surcharges--enjoy your new keychain,picture frame,etc and have a great cruise.

You already canceled your cruise, you said you aren't cruising anymore, you said you don't trust RCCL, so I respectfully ask you why do you care what anyone else does and why you are still on the boards? If none of this matters to you anymore, why hang around and put a damper on everyone else's good time.

And I can't wait to see what my logo item is!:D And even if it is a cheap key chain I will put it on my keys and use it proudly!!!

You already canceled your cruise, you said you aren't cruising anymore, you said you don't trust RCCL, so I respectfully ask you why do you care what anyone else does and why you are still on the boards? If none of this matters to you anymore, why hang around and put a damper on everyone else's good time.

And I can't wait to see what my logo item is!:D And even if it is a cheap key chain I will put it on my keys and use it proudly!!!

I don;t care what you do. I even stated that if people were fine with the fuel surcharges to enjoy their logo item and have a great cruise--and I sincerely hope all of you do!!!!I have a right to post information on the boards as much as anyone else.That is what makes our country great.You all know what they say about opinions--we all have one--if you dont like mine just cancel my post from your list---Oh and have a great cruise.

Wondering how many folks have taken advantage of the "one free logo item" from the fuel surcharge...if you're not aware individuals who had paid deposit for cruise before surcharge but before full payment are supposed to receive a free logo item....

My question is where/how do you get this onboard. What is the coolest thing/best bang for your buck item available.

Any problems redeeming etc. What did you get?

Thx

Mark

Actually I wasn't aware of it. Where would I read about it? Not so much for me, but we have a couple of relatively "newby" cruisers who would probably really appreciate any little "gift".

Actually I wasn't aware of it. Where would I read about it? Not so much for me, but we have a couple of relatively "newby" cruisers who would probably really appreciate any little "gift".

It was part of the announcement for the fuel surcharge. There was not mention of exactly what it would be, but I wouldn't expect anything too grand so don't get their expectations up.:D

The information was included on the fuel surcharge notice released on 11/16/07."Those guest who do not cancel their reservation and pay in full will receive one logo item per stateroom onboard their cruise." As others have posted the first cruises effected will be after 2/1/08.Hope the newby's enjoy it.

Thx for heads up...didn't realize it didn't start until Feb....since it says "a logo item"...I'm going for the whole ship....it's one big floating logo....now that'll be worth the $80-140 surcharge.....we're leaving 2/16 so it'll be interesting to see how this is handled....

mjl

I live off of lake Lewisville in Dallas. I'll take Voyager and per her out back.:D

To think the delivery charge on the horns may be big, 30' long bag of horns blowers etc..., bet delivery of the ship may be a tad bit high...and think when you hit a pothole on the roads getting it home:D

mndity, I feel the same way. I look at it this way-when gas prices go up we don't sell our cars. We can get gas one day, then go the next day and it's a different price. My hub tried to dispute it and I told him to put a sock in it-he's not even going on the cruise! We paid the diff, I'll get my keychain or whatever and I'll be happy to be cruising in 9 days! :cool:

We all (or most of us) know how much gas prices have risen in the past year or so..... that being said, (IMHO) I don't understand why one would cancel a cruise over a $70 increase??????

I am "really" not trying to be smart, but at what amount of price increase would you cancel your cruise??? $10 per day,$20,$50,$100 ? To me it was the principle of RCCL not keeping their word and changing the contract to allow for any amount of surcharge up until the time you have completed your cruise.They should have just increased their rates on future bookings and they could have avoided this whole issue.I know most of us get very excited about cruising and I do hope everyone going in the future has a wonderful vacation.I am just a litte "hardheaded" about what I consider to be corporate misbehavior and felt it was time to make a stand.The best way I could figure was to hit RCCL in the pocketbook and I know they could not care less.

mndity, I feel the same way. I look at it this way-when gas prices go up we don't sell our cars. We can get gas one day, then go the next day and it's a different price. My hub tried to dispute it and I told him to put a sock in it-he's not even going on the cruise! We paid the diff, I'll get my keychain or whatever and I'll be happy to be cruising in 9 days! :cool:

So, are you saying your gas station bills you more for that tank of gas you bought yesterday, if the price goes up? I think you need to find a more reputable gas station. ;)

I know that's not what you were saying, but that would be more comparable to what RCI did. I'm not cancelling my cruise over it, either. Heck, I haven't even gotten on the bandwagon of complaining to the attorney general or BBB. But I've always been very happy with my dealings with Royal Caribbean, so I was a bit disappointed in them. When Carnival made their announcement, I was cheerleading a bit for RCI, telling people not to worry about their existing bookings. After all, RCI's website and literature promised that your cost would not go up, once you were booked and deposited. I really didn't expect them to go back on their word. It makes sense to me that they had to respond to rising fuel costs, but could have honored their promise to those already booked.

But . . . This thread was about wondering what the promised logo gift might be. There's another big thread out there for debating the way the fuel surcharge was implemented.

Archived