Paging Cruzegirl!

SmokinActuary

Hey Cruizegirl,

I have a snorkeling trip book with Dive Fair Helen in St. Lucia next month and I saw you used them for a dive trip.

What did the snorkelers say about the experience?

Thanks

Hi S.A.,

Yes, we had snorklers use Dive Fair Helen too. They loved it. The snorklers were a combo of brand new, limited experience to a diver that snorkeled to be with his wife and a diver that could no longer dive on Scuba. Can only Free dive but was a divemaster. They all said it was excellent and had a great time on dive 1. Then on dive 2 they were with us divers as we were in 50 feet of water over a wreck. They loved being able to see the wreck and the free diver did dive to the wreck too.. He's very experienced. They loved it. Hope that helps and if you have anymore questions, just ask.... :D

Thanks!!

What exactly could a snorkler see from 50 feet?

I'd expect that they would see the bottom quite easily, along with all the stuff there.

I would probably need a weight belt to get very far below the surface!
That would be an option.

Thanks!!

What exactly could a snorkler see from 50 feet? I would probably need a weight belt to get very far below the surface!

If the visibility is greater than 50ft. - the bottom. If less than 50ft. - water. :) 50ft.'s not that deep (remember that's near the bottom, reefs are like forests, there are lots of hills, tall soft corals and fish from top to bottom). I jumped in 100ft. water to dive and found an entire school (about 500 fish) of horse eyed jacks about a foot long each surrounding me at the surface. It was the coolest part of that dive.

Randall

• 2 months later...

Contrary to your experience on Dive Fair Helen for snorkeling, mine was terrible. 20 divers, 4 snorkelers. We started out from the Serenade with white caps in a small boat with no life preservers. Same boat both ways, full tilt in the waves. Waited 2 hours while they piled on late arriving divers. By the time all the tanks were on board, no place to sit. I could go on, but I won't. They may be great for diving, but this one sucked.

Contrary to your experience on Dive Fair Helen for snorkeling, mine was terrible. 20 divers, 4 snorkelers. We started out from the Serenade with white caps in a small boat with no life preservers. Same boat both ways, full tilt in the waves. Waited 2 hours while they piled on late arriving divers. By the time all the tanks were on board, no place to sit. I could go on, but I won't. They may be great for diving, but this one sucked.

As I always say, "you ask 5 different people how the weather is" and you'll get 5 different answers....

For us, they were wondeful. We did have about 20 minutes of rain in the a.m. but they can't help that. We had plenty of room and snorklers (2 of them were divers who stayed with family members),

were very happy. No complaints....

Archived