Any "GOOD" travel insurance out there?

I mean, I am looking for a travel insurance, that should I miss the boat at one port, would take the initiative and arrange for my transportation to the next port to meet the ship. One call, no upfront cost, no out of pocket, no pay myself with promises of reimbursement later.

As far as I am concerned that would be the only type travel insurance worth purchasing. Does it exist?

I mean, I am looking for a travel insurance, that should I miss the boat at one port, would take the initiative and arrange for my transportation to the next port to meet the ship. One call, no upfront cost, no out of pocket, no pay myself with promises of reimbursement later.

As far as I am concerned that would be the only type travel insurance worth purchasing. Does it exist?

Have a look at insuremytrip.com and compare you should find what you are looking for.. with alittle research;)

I certainly am not aware of any type of insurance that does all that you are asking for. Perhaps I am mistaken and there are those wiser than me on this topic, but I seriously doubt you are going to find insurance that arranges your travel should you miss the ship !

arranges your travel should you miss the ship !

If you book thru the cruiseline I believe they do this..that is if you are using Carnival Air.. or booked on their excursions in the ports.. if not.. as I said earlier.. read up on the insurance policies offered.. that is a very strange request anyways but oh well:)

Of course it does not exist. Insurance companies are responsible to their shareholders to make a profit. In order to make a profit, insurance companies must know which claims to pay and which are phony. So the claim MUST be verified FIRST. If you have a good claim, you will be paid in due course.

Medicare Supplements are the only policies that pay without the policyholder doing a thing. Because they only pay 20% of the claim and Medicare pays the rest, and because the annual premium is much larger than their payout for most seniors.

Should anybody ever have to do a $25000.00 air ambulance. It would be nice to know that even tho you have to pay up front [with or without insurance] that you will be reimbursed by the insurance company if you purchased a policy.

Dan

We always use Travelex because they cover kids under 16 at no cost. We just got reimbursed for two lost days on a recent Emerald Princess cruise due to Noro Virus and they paid for all members of my family for lost days due to the quarantine of our minor son under their trip interruption protection.

Sounds like you would be better, and it would be a bit cheaper, if maybe you cut back back on the booze while in port...

and maybe...

just maybe...

you won't miss boarding the ship before it takes off on to the next port. :p

Nope. Doesn't exist. All of the major insurers will make the arrangements for you but you will have to pay for it and submit paperwork for reimbursement later.

If you are injured in a port of call and missed the ship because you were getting patched up you will be reimbursed once you submit documentation. If you miss the ship because you fell asleep on a beach you won't be reimbursed.

Archived