If I bring an air mattress will NCL provide the bedding.

LBS1

My son has decided he does not want to share a bed with his sister, so we are bringing a twin air mattress. (And yes it will fit in our room.)

Will NCL provide sheets or a blanket or should we pack them.

Why would they have to share a bed? The room is usually set up for the number of people in the room. If you have 3 in a room for example, there would normally be two twins and a pull down bed or pull out couch.

I agree. The cruiseline will not allow you to put more people in a cabin than there are sleeping arrangements for.

You should have no problem having your cabin steward provide bedding. A nice extra tip and they will make it up for you every night and put it away for the day.

TonyFred & bcs819 - no issue with the number of people they are booked into the cabin. In many cabins 3&4 share the sofa bed, no pullman (All AF Mini Suites) Unless the parents want to sleep on the uncomfortable sofa bed the kids need to share it. I think the twin airo bed is a great idea. It would work in an AB or A3 with 5 passenges, No one needs to share the double sofa in the small bedroom.

Thanks for the answer.

This is a room with the standard, two twin beds that convert, along with a sofa bed, giving the room a four person capacity. On past cruises my son and daughter have shared the sofa bed. But they are no longer "little kids".

In this case, if he does not have to, my son does not want to share the sofa bed. The room can fit the extra air mattress, so we will not be booking it beyond its capacity as we booked it knowing they could share.

In the future as my children get older I will book them into an adjoining room or into a inside room.

i really don't see the big deal for him sleeping with his sister .

i'm 24 and my sister is 27 we are both married and when we travel together we share the bed.

if you are really planning to bring that air matress over make him pack it, unpack it, blowing it up and all that stuff:mad:

Two items

1) It is a self inflating air bed with a built in pump. (I am not crazy, there is no way I would be blowing a bed up every night.) We plan to deflate it during the day and store it in a closet.

2) They are 10 and 12 years old and at that age where they want to share if they don't have to.

We are in a BA cabin with 4 people capacity - there are twin beds, one pullman bed and one pull out sofa bed (single). Our son hated the sofa bed on our last cruise, and is happy to be sleeping on the pullman bed (I booked the cabin especially for the pullman bed).

As for the aero bed - we took one with us to Las Vegas and it was easy! The bed had wide opening and we took an electric portable air pump. Each evening we opened it, pumped it up and each morning we unscrewed the big valve, folded it twice lengthwise and rolled it from the other end toward the valve. And hid it in the closet!

I think it's a good idea for you to bring one fitted and one flat sheet with you for the aero bed - the fitted one is important. The ship may not have them.

i'm 24 and my sister is 27 we are both married and when we travel together we share the bed.

if you are really planning to bring that air matress over make him pack it, unpack it, blowing it up and all that stuff:mad:

What works for you and your family doesn't necessarily work for other families.

It's an entirely personal decision. I can definitely see kids that age not wanting to share a bed. Why so angry about it?

beachchick

What works for you and your family doesn't necessarily work for other families.

It's an entirely personal decision. I can definitely see kids that age not wanting to share a bed. Why so angry about it?

beachchick

I agree with your post. My kids are 11 and 12 and asking them to share a small sofa bed is asking for trouble. We're at the point where we either need to book a bigger cabin, or two smaller ones. A mini-suite would work if we could squeeze in an air mattress (I can't see where there would be room) but I would rather not deal with lugging it along. I understand what the OP means and where they're coming from. Good luck and happy cruising. :)

A mini-suite would work if we could squeeze in an air mattress (I can't see where there would be room) but I would rather not deal with lugging it along. . :)

The way to make it fit is to not fold out the sofa bed but rather have them make it up as a single length wise. The air mattress would then fit on the floor in front still leaving room to get out of the sofa bed.

It will be worth the trouble of lugging the air-bed along not to have to hear, "you're elbow's on my side of the bed."

For $35 we picked up a great bed by Home Trends at WalMart.com. They even shipped it to our closest Walmart for free. It has the built in pump, and inflates to normal bed height in less then three minutes. We filled it for the first time last night and it is very comfortable, my son loves it and was mad we would not let him spend the night on it.

Why are you travelling without your spouses; and sleeping together??

The way to make it fit is to not fold out the sofa bed but rather have them make it up as a single length wise. The air mattress would then fit on the floor in front still leaving room to get out of the sofa bed.

Ah, that makes perfect sense. :)

It will be worth the trouble of lugging the air-bed along not to have to hear, "you're elbow's on my side of the bed."

For $35 we picked up a great bed by Home Trends at WalMart.com. They even shipped it to our closest Walmart for free. It has the built in pump, and inflates to normal bed height in less then three minutes. We filled it for the first time last night and it is very comfortable, my son loves it and was mad we would not let him spend the night on it.

I'm on your side with this one. We've just never taken our mattress on a cruise. I can see it coming, though. Our last family cruise (Majesty) was tight in an AB. That cabin was affordable and the largest that holds 4 people on that ship, but the upper levels on the newer ships are pretty expensive. Got to start saving that $$. :)

When my kids were 22 and 25 traveling with me and a female friend, when the double beds could not be converted into two twins, Mom had to sleep with son. And even I didn't like it. I mean he's 6'3" and it was tough giving each other "non-touch" room inbetween us. I did not sleep well. Thanks for being sensitive to the kids' desires on this subject.

Just realized my son is getting bigger and bigger- He's about 5'11" right now. Should we ditch the couch and just bring the air mattress? He thinks our is very comfy too--I think it's the same one as mentioned above with the built in pump. (A really good mattress pad is the trick to making it feel great!) We are in a BA cabin on the Jewel.

Thanks.

Just realized my son is getting bigger and bigger- He's about 5'11" right now. Should we ditch the couch and just bring the air mattress? He thinks our is very comfy too--I think it's the same one as mentioned above with the built in pump. (A really good mattress pad is the trick to making it feel great!) We are in a BA cabin on the Jewel.

Thanks.

The sofa beds in BA cabins are single pull out meaning the couch will be too short for your son to sleep on without having it pulled out.

Do take the air mattress, plus the fitted sheet. (sofa beds are not comfy when pulled out and it takes up too much space that you cannot get to the balcony door that easy!!)

We're in the BA cabin in March, but I picked the cabin that also has a pullman bed.

Saabgall, you're not going to believe this one...we have a 6'2" 16 year old who we always cruise with :p...we got an AB suite so he could have his own room with a double sofa bed...there is also a pullman...he slept all 8 nights on the pullman and used the rest of the room as a closet ;). I told our stewards to just make sure his bathroom was clean and straighten out his pullman...not to worry about anything else. The best vacation I've EVER had...not picking up after him or looking at his mess! He never complained. Go figure!

Sorry, I digress...the pulman or blow up should be fine!!!! We're fans of Aerobeds! I always include a nice matress pad when I roll them up. Better to go ahead and take it just in case.

Have a great time! We used to always cruise with our two sons...one won't go anymore (he IS almost 28:o) but our best cruise memory is the time we had an outside room on the lowest deck with two lowers and two pullmans...Crown Odyssey (then NCL Crown). Always bumping "butts" but all in all very memorable!!!!!! Have fun making memories!!!!!!:cool:

Saabgall, you're not going to believe this one...we have a 6'2" 16 year old who we always cruise with :p...we got an AB suite so he could have his own room with a double sofa bed...there is also a pullman...he slept all 8 nights on the pullman and used the rest of the room as a closet ;). I told our stewards to just make sure his bathroom was clean and straighten out his pullman...not to worry about anything else. The best vacation I've EVER had...not picking up after him or looking at his mess! He never complained. Go figure!

Sorry, I digress...the pulman or blow up should be fine!!!! We're fans of Aerobeds! I always include a nice matress pad when I roll them up. Better to go ahead and take it just in case.

Have a great time! We used to always cruise with our two sons...one won't go anymore (he IS almost 28:o) but our best cruise memory is the time we had an outside room on the lowest deck with two lowers and two pullmans...Crown Odyssey (then NCL Crown). Always bumping "butts" but all in all very memorable!!!!!! Have fun making memories!!!!!!:cool:

That's great to hear!!! Our son will be happy that the pullman will be comfy enough!!

BTW, all the B Cat. cabins (BA, BB, BC, BD) have a sofabed but not all of them have a pullman - you have to pick a cabin that will sleep 4 people.

Archived