Anyone happy with RC also happy with Celebrity

trvlbug08

We sailed the 10-night Southern Caribbean on Constellation last spring.

Some food items are definitely better - like the desserts. RCCI's desserts are sadly lacking in comparison to X. Chops is excellent, Oceanliners was fabulous.

The Aqua Spa on Constellation is really nice - food items are good and different. The Thallasotherapy pool is fantastic.

The "new" Ports of Call we had were terrific - St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Barbados. St. Kitts was really beautiful and we decided we would be happy to do a land-based vacation there.

There was night life, but in general the ship was more sedate than Mariner or Sovereign. It was definitely a more adult crowd, but that could be a result of the 10-day duration.

I made the mistake of believing all of the hype and thinking that it would be a dramatically different experience. It was not. However, it was still a great cruise and we felt there were certainly differences between the two lines. The level of service we experienced was higher, but I never felt like I was a celebrity!

We're doing a TA on Summit this spring and are looking forward to trying a Concierge Class cabin, and also using our reciprocal elite membership in Captain's Club (we are Platinum with C&A).

You really never know. The Summit was one of my favorite cruises with the best service ever. And, the best food. I guess it just depends on who the crew is.

Jill

Jill

You are spot on. I love "X" too. I've taken the Summit on three 14 night Alaska cruises. Lets hope our September "Serenade" comes near the quality of "X".

Hey Heather......if you do "X" again, you can always ask for a hand hair dryer. Also, Concierge Class and above give you the plush robes.

Ann:D

Everyone says the food is so much better on X than RCCL, however we just got off Mercury in Sept and Enchanment last month and really have to say the food in the dinning room is really close! Deserts are better on X but the main entries are pretty equal. I believe this is due to the departure of Micheal Roux at Celebrity. I like the more casual approach of RCCL and still say X is stuffy! This is after 15 Celebrity cruises and several more on RCCL/HAL/NCL. So we do have a good idea.

Archived