Travelling with 17 & 18 year olds...

floatingfouge

We are cruising soon on the Navigator of the Seas. Our "party" includes a 17 and an 18 year old. Are we going to have issues with admittance to any of the age restricted teen venues on board? I see that the Navigator offers these Teen Clubs/Venues: Fuel, Back Deck & the Living Room. Will the 18 year old be "banned" from these "clubs"?

I was on the Star Princess last April. I was 17 then, and I noticed a few 18 year olds (who were still in high school and everything) who were not let in. They and their parents found it absolutely ridiculous, as did I, but they were firm in their policy: the age group was 13-17, so no 18 year olds were allowed. I assume Royal Caribbean would have the same strictness, but I could be wrong.

An 18 year old will not be allowed in the teen club. Unfortunately, 18 to 20 year olds are in that gray area for cruising---too young to drink and too old for the teen clubs. I understand why they don't allow older teens in those clubs as I think the parents of the younger teens would be uncomfortable with their kids hanging in clubs with 18 and 19 year olds.

• 5 weeks later...
They generally have parties/mixers for the 18-21 yo crowd. They can, of course, go to any of the regular venues, they just can't order drinks.

They just can't order ALCOHOLIC drinks. But unlike most clubs ashore they can be admitted and enjoy the full experience of the clubs - music, dancing, etc.

No, as long as he/she is with the 17 year old than your 18 year old should be okay and allowed in the teen area...my cousin also had this same trouble. My brother was 16 and my cousin was 18, and they're inseperable so my cousin just went into the teen area with my brother. The people in charge of the area said it was fine as long as the 18 year old did not bring in any alcohol and such and did not start trouble. You're pair should be fine.

Archived